Is the Seamoth inspired by the real life Triton Submarine?

Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members

Comments

• AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    Oh. Wow. That is VERY simular to seamoth.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Interestingly enough, this particular Triton submarine, the 1650/3, was announced in March of 2016.

The Seamoth was released in Subnautica in around 2014.

So technically, there's a chance Aston Martin might have taken some inspiration from here.

You know, maybe.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    Or maybe the devs are just time travelers
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I always thought the Seamoth would work better upside down.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Secretly, the devs are going on an underwater vacation in THEIR OWN SEAMOTH!!!
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Oh, yeah, totally a reference, my dude. I had a dream awhile ago which this reminds me of, but it had this really cool personal submersible which looked something like if you can imagine a seamoth's cockpit with one of those metal bar terraces which some larger submersibles have mechanical arms and tools hanging from, but started at the sides of the craft and extended a good meter in front of it. At the front were two ion-drive type modules which were attached to the metal grating next to each other sorta' like the hover-car from StarWars Episode 3. The cockpit was also tilted slightly upwards and flat rather than directly forwards like in the seamoth; both because of the ion drive thingies being in its way and because of speed. It also had a really sleekly-hidden torpedo bay at its sides that I liked; however, it wasn't 'my own' and the cockpit was locked so I couldn't Hotwire it :(
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Avimimus wrote: »

It should be a lot more stable without adding mass, that's for sure.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Avimimus wrote: »

It should be a lot more stable without adding mass, that's for sure.

Better visibility where it matters as well.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The only difference is that one works only in the ocean and the other works in space and the ocean
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    The only difference is that one works only in the ocean and the other works in space and the ocean

I believe that this is a modification. The seamoth in-game can't protect the player well from radiation while this is a must in space travel.
    It isn't a modification, the seamoths data bank says it woke in space. How it protects from the radation in space idk. Magic
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    Something with the thruster maybe?
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    Oh, yeah, totally a reference, my dude. I had a dream awhile ago which this reminds me of, but it had this really cool personal submersible which looked something like if you can imagine a seamoth's cockpit with one of those metal bar terraces which some larger submersibles have mechanical arms and tools hanging from, but started at the sides of the craft and extended a good meter in front of it. At the front were two ion-drive type modules which were attached to the metal grating next to each other sorta' like the hover-car from StarWars Episode 3. The cockpit was also tilted slightly upwards and flat rather than directly forwards like in the seamoth; both because of the ion drive thingies being in its way and because of speed. It also had a really sleekly-hidden torpedo bay at its sides that I liked; however, it wasn't 'my own' and the cockpit was locked so I couldn't Hotwire it :(

This is a surprising amount of detail for a dream. Usually I can’t remember shit after I dream of something so awesome.