Subnautica has not opened for me for a year now

ToastyAstronautToastyAstronaut Join Date: 2017-04-06 Member: 229457Members
I've owned this game since 2015, and last year I tried it with vr. The game worked perfectly fine, but now whenever I try to open the game it just becomes a black screen with the menu music and the mouse icon.

I have done basic things that would fix a problem like this, like:

verifying the integrity of the game files

deleting and redownloading subnautica

deleting and redownloading steam

deleting the oculus software and steamvr

There are several things I have noticed.

1. When I try running the application through the files, and not through steam, the oculus software will automatically open.

2. The game will not always open to a black screen with the menu audio and the mouse icon. Sometimes it will just be a black screen. Other times the game will immediately close.

3. at the start, the troubleshooting software on my computer detected a microsoft graphics design program (which many games on steam download on to your computer when you first start them) as being the source of the problem. Deleting it did not fix it or change anything on my computer or with any of my games.

4. The game does not seem to update on steam at all, however after just attempting the open the game with vr (something I can't recreate now) the hud icons were updated to be the circles.

I have not found any forums talking about a problem like mine, and I fear that I'm just one in a billion with this problem. I really liked this game and I want to get into it again now that it's fully released.

I recorded a clip of me starting it up in both vr and just regularly in steam.

Comments