Update 84 Released on Steam - Subnautica

Comments

• ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    oh and for got one other .. the ability to build droids to work around your base. like gather and care for interior and exterior grow beds. manage nuclear generater. As bases are very lonely
  • ANZAC69ANZAC69 New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221808Members
    oh and Cyclops. docking pool!!
  • MacSweentownMacSweentown Canada Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238904Members
    All I wanted in the game... THE ONLY THING I WANTED . was to take my "cuddlefish" with me when I escaped. I really can't stand that I have to leave him behind.
  • Helicon1Helicon1 Join Date: 2018-03-08 Member: 238757Members
    Not sure whether it was something the devs did server side but having previously been unable to launch with the "Rocket Not Ready" bug post update I just loaded and was able to finish the game and get the final two achievements.

Anyone who was experiencing the same should give it a try.

One happy camper now. :-)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @Mazzy It should happen automatically.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    ANZAC69 wrote: »
    ability to use bathroom: shower and toilet

:trollface:
  • MetalRiff8rMetalRiff8r Pacific NW Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238968Members
    Please figure out a solution for the Cyclops while in VR. Coolest sub, can't pilot it because there is no way to turn it on. I have to switch to desktop mode of I want to tinker with the Cyclops. It drive's me crazy that the Xbox controller works fine in desktop mode but not in VR. The directional pad is doing nothing while actually piloting the Cyclops, why not make it so you can navigate the buttons with it when behind the wheel?

It's an awesome game, but the best rig in the game is unavailable to me when I'm playing my preferred platform for this game.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Mazzy wrote: »
    Does the game update automatically or do i have to reinstall ? Thank you :)

Automatic on Steam as long as you have auto-updates enabled (can you disable them on Steam??). Ofc consoles can auto-update as well.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    All I wanted in the game... THE ONLY THING I WANTED . was to take my "cuddlefish" with me when I escaped. I really can't stand that I have to leave him behind.

You really think Alterra would let you keep him? And not poke and prod his brains?
  • Nickname702Nickname702 Las Vegas Join Date: 2018-03-12 Member: 238972Members
    Can we get the ability to build a spear? That would be more realistic survival instead of only a knife and now a Stasis rifle. Eventually it would be cool to have a hand held torpedo launcher like a bazooka. Setting up a stasis rifle feature for the Seamoth would be awesome too.
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    Can we get the ability to build a spear? That would be more realistic survival instead of only a knife and now a Stasis rifle. Eventually it would be cool to have a hand held torpedo launcher like a bazooka. Setting up a stasis rifle feature for the Seamoth would be awesome too.

Your PDA says something like, "All weapons were removed from the fabricator, with the exception of the survival knife".
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    *sees lethal weapons suggestions*

Di-...did ...did you even craft the survival knife?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members

To quote myself from a really old thread:
    After a tragic incident where a group of people used a survival fabricator to create weapons, then kill of a large portion of Obraxis Prime, we regret to inform you all weapons (Excluding the Survival Knife) have been removed off of Survival Fabricators. We at Alterra care about your safety, but any recipes that include weapon formatting excluding both Governmental and Resourceful weapons, such as those of Governmental Armies and Seamoth/Prawn suits, are outlawed. These blueprints also do not exist and cannot be obtained on Non-Government PDAs.

Alterra sends its regards and wishes you a good flight on the Aurora!
  • Holyman1953Holyman1953 St.Louis Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238905Members
    In a single-player game it seems rather
  • Holyman1953Holyman1953 St.Louis Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238905Members
  • OblivionMillerOblivionMiller Warsaw, Poland Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239042Members
    Finnaly i can unlock two last achievements :) Thank you creators!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I cannot

You okay, mate?

You seem to be suffering from something that's keeping you from finishing your statements.

If so, QUARANTINE THE AREA! THIS DISEASE DOES NOT LEAVE THIS THREAD!

EVERYONE, ON HIGH ALERT!
  • catazoancatazoan Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239053Members
    Is it possible to make the predators a bit more hostile? as it is, after the attacker damages you or gives up chase, it will completely forget you exist and go back to patrolling. I feel if they didn't stop after one attack it may make the monsters more scary because they are actually dangerous. But either way, great game!
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    Skope wrote: »
    I cannot

You okay, mate?

You seem to be suffering from something that's keeping you from finishing your statements.

If so, QUARANTINE THE AREA! THIS DISEASE DOES NOT LEAVE THIS THREAD!

EVERYONE, ON HIGH ALERT!
    I will contact the devs and tell them to turn on the QEP that is near their studio
  • Fauli1221Fauli1221 Germany Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239063Members
    please add a co-op mode <3
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Fauli1221 wrote: »
    please add a co-op mode <3

RED ALERT RED ALERT
  • EnceladusSc2EnceladusSc2 Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237906Members
    Very nice. Glad to be able to finally get them two last Achievements.
  • SC0RePIOSC0RePIO Canada Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239072Members
    edited March 2018
    Love the game, but in the next update, can ya please, please, PLEASE:

1) Fix the glitch with being inside the Cyclops. Going from looking in a locker inventory inside a 'Clops to suddenly being many meters above & taking fall dmg dropping onto the top of the outer hull gets old REALLY fast.

2) Is it possible to eliminate the signals for collected resources & databoxes from the results of the scanner room??? The number of false positives can be very frustrating.

3) It would be really nice to have some way to recover those unique items collected on an outing, should you happen to die. I got pulled into a mass of twisted wreckage by a Warper minutes after picking up a blueprint for a Cyclops Thermal Reactor. (Of course, it simply warped out when I knifed it, but I couldn't escape & drowned). The BP wasn't in my data-bank when I respawned at the lifepod. I've never found another & it's a royal pain having to carry so many extra powercells trying to get through the lava zones. So far, even 36 spare powercells aren't enough - not when I got a cloud of 30+ lava larva that keep latching onto the hull & another dozen or so that keep showing up INSIDE the engine room!!!! No joke - there's so many, they can completely drain a 6 pack of cells in mins.

BTW, is there a specific submission path if one has serious suggestions for additional game story script elements??
  • OrionsBlade69OrionsBlade69 Montana Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235622Members
    Love the game. Would love to see a nutrient block creator. Also it would be nice to have a modification to the vehicle up grade station in the moon pool. Make it so you can access the inventory and up grades to the Seamoth and PRAWN suit from the panel like in the Cyclops. Again, great game and I'm on my second play through. Hoping to see some of the glitches fixed but it won't keep me from playing.
  • catazoancatazoan Join Date: 2018-03-14 Member: 239053Members

SC0RePIO wrote: »
    it's a royal pain having to carry so many extra powercells trying to get through the lava zones. So far, even 36 spare powercells aren't enough - not when I got a cloud of 30+ lava larva that keep latching onto the hull & another dozen or so that keep showing up INSIDE the engine room!!!! No joke - there's so many, they can completely drain a 6 pack of cells in mins.

In my playthrough I was just able to stop the cyclops right before the entrance and use my prawn suit the res of the way. you get way less lava larvae and are much safer. sure, warpers can be a pain and a reason to go deeper with cyclops but trust me, if you have a high capacity O2 tank and grappling hook you will most likely be good.

• Skullz20Skullz20 Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239106Members
    Amazing game but I just have one problem, every time I customize my seamoth or prawn suit in my base every time when I get out of the base with my vehicle it changes the color and I don't know how to fix it
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited March 2018
    Skullz20 wrote: »
    Amazing game but I just have one problem, every time I customize my seamoth or prawn suit in my base every time when I get out of the base with my vehicle it changes the color and I don't know how to fix it

How drastic of a change is it, @Skullz20?

Because if it's just a shade change (ie. lighter or darker) then it's just how the lighting works, and there's no fix, as it's not a bug.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Only bug I know of is how the 2 Line color for vehicles is missing.
  • JackelmyerJackelmyer Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239114Members
    Hey I know this my not come into play but do you think one day there will be a way to dock you cyclops to your base? Its irritating getting in and out of the base to get to my cyclops and risk getting hurt by monsters

Not so worried about the monsters, but 100% agree with this concept. A Cyclops Docking Bay would be heaven. All I want is to avoid all the door animations going in and out of my base and in and out of the Cyclops.

I'd be completely happy with a simple tube that an auto-pilot (like the moon pool) grabs you and pulls you too it when you stop next to it. Then open up a bulk head door direct into my base and have my cyclops behave like another room in the base.

* No animations to go from my base to my storage in the Cyclops.
    * Maybe recharge my Cyclops so I don't have to pull each blasted battery out.

Bonus points if you make basically a scanner room that attaches the same way to the Cyclops. That has a console just like what's on the cyclops itself where I can pull inventory out of any storage associated to my cyclops. Oooo. To be able to go from my "Cyclops Dock" and simply walk to the next room and put loot into storage boxes? <3<3<3 I'd love you people forever.
  • SC0RePIOSC0RePIO Canada Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239072Members
    catazoan wrote: »

SC0RePIO wrote: »
    it's a royal pain having to carry so many extra powercells trying to get through the lava zones. So far, even 36 spare powercells aren't enough - not when I got a cloud of 30+ lava larva that keep latching onto the hull & another dozen or so that keep showing up INSIDE the engine room!!!! No joke - there's so many, they can completely drain a 6 pack of cells in mins.

In my playthrough I was just able to stop the cyclops right before the entrance and use my prawn suit the res of the way. you get way less lava larvae and are much safer. sure, warpers can be a pain and a reason to go deeper with cyclops but trust me, if you have a high capacity O2 tank and grappling hook you will most likely be good.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've got multiple play-throughs on the go & have done the run with just a PRAWN too. Each play so far has had variances in the area density of specific "threat" creatures - which is great for keeping a game fresh, but coupled with the "item/BP lost to player-death" I mentioned can result in the dilemma of a Cyclops without the benefits of a TRM. LOL! No playing it safe-in-a-cyclops with that one - Just gotta put the big plasteel pants on & go for it.

Sadly, one thing that is common to all of them is the unwanted instaports from inside-to-outside & falling beside the con tower.