Screenshot Contest!!! (RESULTS)

2»

Comments

• VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    We have one more day! We need some more votes to break the tie!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Voxel wrote: »

Maybe throw it in Discord, see if those chat folk have a forum account :D
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Can you? I don't have discord.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2018

Oki

Don't expect too much though most of em are just Discording along instead of stepping into this lair :D

Oki

Don't expect too much though most of em are just Discording along instead of stepping into this lair :D

Alright :D
    Thanks!
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Need help, when I shot my screen with a gun it failed to take a screenshot. What am I doing wrong?
  • spencerph12spencerph12 United States Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238248Members
    This one took way too long!!!
    2apx39bfazol.jpg

And the spoilered one doesn't count :D I just want to share it's awesomeness and maybe inspire some of ya! And perhaps showing you guys an interesting way on how to compose your shots. The Rule of Thirds (flying Peeper) or using a dynamic/diagonal composition (The Reefbacks in the spoiler). Feel free to do something similar, them Reefbacks are photogenic in any case!
    hpd7ewh1y0rf.jpg

@Voxel, cool idea! Also maybe one more rule, where the contestants aren't allowed to awesome? I dunno, something feels off in "awesoming" others :tongue:

Hrrrm... That water texture of yours caught my eye. In my own game, the water texture (at the surface) was sort of like a bunch of rectangles which mimicked fluid water motion. But your water looks smooth and wavy. Is there a setting I can use to adjust my own wave quality?

to change the detail because this sounds like the detail is low, go to the main menu the one when you start up the game to change the detail you cannot be in a save, once in the right menu go to SETTINGS, GRAPHICS, then look under advanced (its orange text below color grading) look at detail (the first one below advanced) and turn it up and mess with that by clicking the arrows, and water quality. it does get super taxing the higher you go settings wise which should improve as more updates come to the game
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    This one took way too long!!!
    2apx39bfazol.jpg

And the spoilered one doesn't count :D I just want to share it's awesomeness and maybe inspire some of ya! And perhaps showing you guys an interesting way on how to compose your shots. The Rule of Thirds (flying Peeper) or using a dynamic/diagonal composition (The Reefbacks in the spoiler). Feel free to do something similar, them Reefbacks are photogenic in any case!
    hpd7ewh1y0rf.jpg

@Voxel, cool idea! Also maybe one more rule, where the contestants aren't allowed to awesome? I dunno, something feels off in "awesoming" others :tongue:

Hrrrm... That water texture of yours caught my eye. In my own game, the water texture (at the surface) was sort of like a bunch of rectangles which mimicked fluid water motion. But your water looks smooth and wavy. Is there a setting I can use to adjust my own wave quality?

to change the detail because this sounds like the detail is low, go to the main menu the one when you start up the game to change the detail you cannot be in a save, once in the right menu go to SETTINGS, GRAPHICS, then look under advanced (its orange text below color grading) look at detail (the first one below advanced) and turn it up and mess with that by clicking the arrows, and water quality. it does get super taxing the higher you go settings wise which should improve as more updates come to the game

I've recently learned that my computer can't really take that kind of a beating, so I am forced to keep the graphics on low. And by 'have to' I mean that the only function I can make my computer respond to is the 'power down' one. Luckily, the arctic's water will mainly be frozen and so I will not have to stare forlornly at everyone else's fancy wave animations.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    edited March 2018
    Just adding a few for show, since the contest is over. Most of these are old (March-April 2017):

ty93at1ychin.jpg

Title: I AM COMING FOR YOU!

This may look like one of Durts images, but this one was taken back in march of 2017 and is from what I consider a more...hydrophobic angle.

69v5c5dk6lvw.jpg

Title: Dive! Dive!

Taken while diving from the rocket gantry, a somewhat risky act because you need to avoid hitting the lauchpad.

4g8zsn18wx2r.jpg

Title: Early One Morning (on 4546B).

A view of the Aurora early one morning, from the rocket gantry, with a Cyclops parked perfectly framed in the railing (by coincidence actually, I had just happened to leave it there).

g0bbkk3u9suj.jpg

Title: The aliens return

When I first saw this bug/glitch, I thought the aliens had returned to 4546B. Scared me more than the ghost leviathan.

wu8ix87t7krm.jpg

Title: In a gadda da vida.

The song title I used to name this was a deliberate mangling of "In the garden of Eden" done by Iron Butterfly in the 60s for one of their most famous songs.

aczx6qiem98w.jpg

Title: Nothing Docked

Having fun with the ability to name my PRAWN.

63n8tabo0w0p.jpg

Title: The Heat Is On

Pilfering a Huey Lewis and the News song title for my optimally placed thermal plant.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    23iba8kxzxnb.png
    Recreations of the underwater Degasis bases

For those who are on mobile
    Red is the DRG
    Yellow is Jelly Shroom
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    xquinczbcj3o.png

7rkccztj4wan.png

2018-03-03_00002.jpgrkadpsk60457.png

2018-03-03_00001.jpgyo68bascohkh.png

2018-03-01_00010.jpghjpu1mns3kb0.png

2018-03-01_00009.jpgy7os20hftlj1.png

Wasn't it only supposed to be 1? Lmao.
    edited March 2018
    xquinczbcj3o.png

7rkccztj4wan.png

2018-03-03_00002.jpgrkadpsk60457.png

2018-03-03_00001.jpgyo68bascohkh.png

2018-03-01_00010.jpghjpu1mns3kb0.png

2018-03-01_00009.jpgy7os20hftlj1.png

Wasn't it only supposed to be 1? Lmao.

True, I guess we can use his first picture and bend the rules a bit OR LAY DOWN THE LAW AND DISQUALIFY HIM ON THE SPOT :trollface: Byt the way, anyone else see an evil skull creature on that Reefback screenshot?

Also the contest should've ended yesterday, but we are in a tie war between, I think 4 screenshot peeps? :D

True, I guess we can use his first picture and bend the rules a bit OR LAY DOWN THE LAW AND DISQUALIFY HIM ON THE SPOT :trollface: Byt the way, anyone else see an evil skull creature on that Reefback screenshot?

Also the contest should've ended yesterday, but we are in a tie war between, I think 4 screenshot peeps? :D

Yes. The contest is tied between several screenshots (4 as of now) that have four awesome, so we are extending it until a clear winner can be determined.
  • Gilgamesh1364Gilgamesh1364 Join Date: 2018-03-10 Member: 238836Members
    I know it's over now, but here ya go!
    I know it's over now, but here ya go!

It will not be over until someone gets 5 awesomes.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited March 2018
    edited March 2018
    That screenshot sucks :trollface:

Thanks for the self-esteem boost.

I'll just delete it.

okay come on now
    edited March 2018
    @AnomalyDetected, @Voxel

Crap, well I guess you two didn't get or appreciate the joke (sucks vs peeper vent) :worried: Come on, just repost that screenshot in your post above mine and read again ;) By removing the screenshot you're actually making me look like a total jerk. Not that I mind, but context does matter.

Besides even if it wasn't a joke, which it was. You definitely shouldn't care about it, not giving a damn what people think is a much better approach to any dick bag you might encounter throughout life
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    *Deleted*

Dangit @Kouji_San, why you gotta be a jokester?

I wanted to see how much it sucked!
    :trollface:
  • CallmechookCallmechook UK Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238820Members
    Peeper got my vote and you have a winner, congrats Kouji San
    Skope wrote: »
    *Deleted*

Dangit @Kouji_San, why you gotta be a jokester?

I wanted to see how much it sucked!
    :trollface:

He was a jokester because he's a bloody spy
  • CallmechookCallmechook UK Join Date: 2018-03-09 Member: 238820Members
    What's he spying on?

I dunno about that, @Voxel extended the content ey
    What's he spying on?

I spy with my little eye...

Skope wrote: »
    t6w27ab4hu6i.jpg

Updated version.

It looks like we have a winner! Skope was the first to 5 awesomes!

It looks like you may have accidentally voted for the wrong one, because you did not "awesome" the peeper one by Kouji San.
    edited March 2018
    @AnomalyDetected, @Voxel

Crap, well I guess you two didn't get or appreciate the joke (sucks vs peeper vent) :worried: Come on, just repost that screenshot in your post above mine and read again ;) By removing the screenshot you're actually making me look like a total jerk. Not that I mind, but context does matter.

Besides even if it wasn't a joke, which it was. You definitely shouldn't care about it, not giving a damn what people think is a much better approach to any dick bag you might encounter throughout life

Haha yeah I actually did just think you were being a jerk because he deleted the screenshot... Sorry
    The old one:
    j1dzln8qlqkg.jpg

The much better one:
    lzuta82323ic.jpg