The game crash randomly

2»

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    I've been playing on my laptop and the game will usually crash once or twice per few games. I have since built an entirely new PC and I have experienced this again unfortunately.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2017
    Scatter wrote: »
    I've been playing on my laptop and the game will usually crash once or twice per few games. I have since built an entirely new PC and I have experienced this again unfortunately.

Your tech_support.zip doesn't contain any crash dump. Do you crash without the crash reporter interface showing up? Please make sure you pagefile is set to at least twice the amount of RAM your system has available.

There are still some memory leaks we haven't fixed yet which seems to affect some systems more than others, which is why ns2 can take up massive amounts of memory sometimes.

Edit: I had a second look at your zip and it seems ns2 crashes due to some missing vc++ run time files based on the WER fault code. Please run both of the exes inside the _CommonRedist/vcredist/2013 folder in your ns2 install folder.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Scatter wrote: »

Your tech_support.zip doesn't contain any crash dump. Do you crash without the crash reporter interface showing up? Please make sure you pagefile is set to at least twice the amount of RAM your system has available.

There are still some memory leaks we haven't fixed yet which seems to affect some systems more than others, which is why ns2 can take up massive amounts of memory sometimes.

Edit: I had a second look at your zip and it seems ns2 crashes due to some missing vc++ run time files based on the WER fault code. Please run both of the exes inside the _CommonRedist/vcredist/2013 folder in your ns2 install folder.

Thanks for the response. I do crash and don't have the crash reporter interface pop up. I've also run the vcredist exes in the folder you mentioned but still the same issues.

I suspect it's not just NS2 as I have also been crashing in Overwatch and Rust periodically. Rust produces this error:

d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module d3d11.dll at 0033:73c94964.

Not really sure what it means other than something to do with DirectX that will happen every 1 - 1.5 horus of gaming. Temperatures are fine though.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    It's worth mentioning DX11 renderer is most definitely still beta (sadly), and has a number of issues that will significantly impact stability over the course of an hour or more. So, switch over to DX9 and that problem should go away. I'm only speaking to NS2 though.
  • gunguygunguy Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212893Members
    edited December 2017
    Game has been crashing constantly, tried most fixes i could find around the steam forums and here with little to no effort. Added tech_support.zip and lastcrash-ns2.zip from the crashlog right after the crash.

Managed to crash the game while being in the main menu of the game just browsing some web pages with steam overlay.

Also to note: it seems that increasing my computer's pagepool/virtualmemory size to about 8GB's total on my hard drives seems to make the crashes less frequent.
    Does ns2 use my computer's virtualmemory ? I think normal applications/programs/games should not use your virtual memory and should use my RAM instead? Not sure about that.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Probably unrelated, but your logs show update issues with windows updates.
    Please check that out.
  • gunguygunguy Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212893Members
    Probably unrelated, but your logs show update issues with windows updates.
    Please check that out.
    I manually check for updates in my windows 8.1 everyday, i started to avoid optional updates and i tend to avoid "suspicious" or unneeded updates after i researched them (e.g.KB2976978).
    Updates i currently do not have installed:
    4c6jbcfa7vf5.png
    Could be a log about issues to install/update to windows 10, because i was fighting to remove that.
    Other then that seems OK to me not counting the times it failed to install a certain update the first time.
  • johnjordan001johnjordan001 sitka Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238079Members
    random crashes collapse the momentum of the game.
  • mareotremareotre Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237779Members
    Hello,
    I used to be able to play the game, I haven't play the game for 3 months now. So i turn the game on and crashes in the menu ( right away). Screen becomes pink, i can hear the music in the background but the screen is frozen with big pink dots.
    I have tried everything even reinstalling the system ( fresh/clean install ). The same, no change. Crash report does not shows up so i cant report it. I have Ryzen 1800X Ram 32 Gig Nvidia1080Ti everything is up to date.
    Please help
    Thank you
  • SchnirkeSchnirke Germany Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197921Members
    edited February 2018
    same problem since the latest update --> see attachment

• kuzynkuzyn Poland Join Date: 2018-08-08 Member: 242744Members
    @GhoulofGSG9
    I came back to NS2 after few months and I got crashes in menu, in game, everywhere.
    I run on Windows 7 64bit, GTX 980, 12 GB RAM, i7 4790k.