Infinite Invisible Floaters Crashing the Game

PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
I added a post about this in the crash report thread, but I was hoping someone could tell me if there's anything I can do from my end while possible bug fixes are being worked on by the devs.

The problem is that no matter where I am in the game (interior, exterior, in a vehicle, etc.) my cursor has the "Pick up Floater" prompt, as if I'm currently pointing at a floater. There are no floaters visible, although I can fill up my inventory with them. When I drop them again, they're still invisible. I assume the floaters are spawning en mass constantly, because after a short while the performance tanks and the game eventually crashes.

Here's the usual info:
In the out_log file, this line is repeated 1,469 times:
Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Landscape/Cells/CellRoot(Clone)/FloatingStone5_Floaters(Clone)/Floater(Clone)"

(Filename:  Line: 177)

Looks like the culprit.

I haven't been able to play the game for a while now, and was hoping someone could show me how to work around this issue.

Cheers!
0x6A7232DespactioNickname

Comments

• SteveIvesSteveIves United States Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238020Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Apparently I have to post one time before I can ask a question (BS), so here's a post!
  • PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    Yeah it's kinda strange to have such restrictions in the bug reporting section.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 560 Advanced user
    That is a rather odd bug. Does it happen in a new save? If yes, try verifying your game files in steam. Otherwise, try clearing your cache.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands. (Currently PC only, sorry)
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members Posts: 14 Fully active user
    Just tried a new game/save there, and the floater issue doesn't happen, so it's just my main save that's affected. I cleaned my savegame cache as per the instructions in the thread you linked, and I verified my game files with no problem. The issue still persists, unfortunately.

Any other ideas? Besides starting a new game, of course.

Cheers!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 560 Advanced user
    No ideas, I'm afraid, unless they only remain in the Cyclops. Then, you'd be able to destroy the Cyclops, build a new one, etc.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands. (Currently PC only, sorry)
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • DespactioNicknameDespactioNickname Russia Join Date: 2018-12-30 Member: 247594Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    I've got the same problem and I think the only solution to this is to swim away from point where you can pick up this floaters. I did it and invisible floaters stopped spawning.

P.S. I'm Russian and I'm probably have some grammatic mistakes