Infinite Invisible Floaters Crashing the Game

PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members
I added a post about this in the crash report thread, but I was hoping someone could tell me if there's anything I can do from my end while possible bug fixes are being worked on by the devs.

The problem is that no matter where I am in the game (interior, exterior, in a vehicle, etc.) my cursor has the "Pick up Floater" prompt, as if I'm currently pointing at a floater. There are no floaters visible, although I can fill up my inventory with them. When I drop them again, they're still invisible. I assume the floaters are spawning en mass constantly, because after a short while the performance tanks and the game eventually crashes.

Here's the usual info:
In the out_log file, this line is repeated 1,469 times:
Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Landscape/Cells/CellRoot(Clone)/FloatingStone5_Floaters(Clone)/Floater(Clone)"

(Filename:  Line: 177)

Looks like the culprit.

I haven't been able to play the game for a while now, and was hoping someone could show me how to work around this issue.

Cheers!

Comments

• SteveIvesSteveIves United States Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238020Members
    Apparently I have to post one time before I can ask a question (BS), so here's a post!
  • PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members
    Yeah it's kinda strange to have such restrictions in the bug reporting section.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    That is a rather odd bug. Does it happen in a new save? If yes, try verifying your game files in steam. Otherwise, try clearing your cache.
  • PaddyMPaddyM Northern Ireland Join Date: 2018-02-17 Member: 237784Members
    Just tried a new game/save there, and the floater issue doesn't happen, so it's just my main save that's affected. I cleaned my savegame cache as per the instructions in the thread you linked, and I verified my game files with no problem. The issue still persists, unfortunately.

Any other ideas? Besides starting a new game, of course.

Cheers!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    No ideas, I'm afraid, unless they only remain in the Cyclops. Then, you'd be able to destroy the Cyclops, build a new one, etc.
  • DespactioNicknameDespactioNickname Russia Join Date: 2018-12-30 Member: 247594Members
    I've got the same problem and I think the only solution to this is to swim away from point where you can pick up this floaters. I did it and invisible floaters stopped spawning.

P.S. I'm Russian and I'm probably have some grammatic mistakes