Framerate issues on survival save

KobraKiraKobraKira Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237641Members
So although i've already finished the game even with these issues present, it's still quite jarring to go from a steady 60fps to 15fps looking in a certain direction. Seems to be from something North\Northeast. East is a little better, but not by much. N\NE gives me 15fps, while East gives me around 35fps. Looking anywhere else however gives me a mostly steady 60fps aside from the occasional hitches and jitters that occur when going from area to area. However, since i sank more hours into the game, i've noticed that the framerate is mostly 30-40fps regardless of which biome im in, or which direction i'm facing. I do have 3 different bases, but i was getting strange FPS issues since i first started the game. I bought this game one day after it came out of Early Access. Honestly i'm surprised i managed to finish the game anyways, given how much i don't like inconsistent framerates. Though that's largely because the game itself is so well done, aside from occasional physics glitches and stuff. I forced myself through the technical issues, but now they're really starting to bug me a bit. Especially given what i tried to do on my end.

I've tried pretty much everything i could possibly do to try and fix the framerate issues on my end. I've tried defragging my hard drive, uninstalling stuff i don't need, updating windows and everything else, deleting the game cache, restarting my PC, re-installing the game, verifying the game cache, downloading the latest drivers, but nothing worked. Not even the graphics settings from High to Low did anything. I even messed around with the Texture Quality settings, but that didn't do anything either. I know that these issues are split half and half between the community, with one half having the same issues i'm having, and the other half having a near flawless experience.

My PC specs:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

Monitor: Samsung S22C150 21.5' Inch 1080p, 60Hz

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4gb (No OC)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition (No OC)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD 7200RPM

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb

Disk Drive: Samsung SH-224DB / BEBE DVD/CD Writer

Cooling Fan: Cooler Master JetFlo 95.0 CFM 120mm Red

PSU: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Graphics Driver: Game Ready Driver version 390.77 (1\29\18)

Comments