Seamoth Random Death

project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
I left my upgraded full hp Seamoth in a safe place, at a safe depth (its max depth is 300m) and as I'm exploring this wreckage, i hear it blow up. I got no warning at all about its status. If something was killing it, we should at least get a warning or hear a sound no? A similar event happened to me before as well, where i lost a Seamoth seemingly for no reason (at least none were communicated to me).

Here's the video, the explosion takes place at 43s.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    What was the hull strength? 1) A Boneshark or Ampeel could have attacked it. 2) The same could have also pushed it past safe diving depth when doing so. 3) A Reaper could have nabbed it.
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    What was the hull strength? 1) A Boneshark or Ampeel could have attacked it. 2) The same could have also pushed it past safe diving depth when doing so. 3) A Reaper could have nabbed it.

it had full hp, and it could go down to 300m tops, so you're saying if it's getting attacked and about to die we won't even get a warning? is that intended even if we're nearby?
  • CaiobrzCaiobrz Brazil Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236501Members
    You get no warning if anything that is not you or you are on board gets attacked. You need to park safe.

Stopping a Seamoth near crushing depth is not safe. Any medium-sized creature can bump on it and send it a few dozen meters down (even you as you leave can cause it to sink a dozen meters), a large creature can either attack it or bump it a hundred meters down (even through the floor, as bugs go)

Check your surroundings and never park a vehicle with at least some 50m to spare
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
    Caiobrz wrote: »
    You get no warning if anything that is not you or you are on board gets attacked. You need to park safe.

Stopping a Seamoth near crushing depth is not safe. Any medium-sized creature can bump on it and send it a few dozen meters down (even you as you leave can cause it to sink a dozen meters), a large creature can either attack it or bump it a hundred meters down (even through the floor, as bugs go)

Check your surroundings and never park a vehicle with at least some 50m to spare

alright, thank for the response. I guess it must have been pushed down by something then.