I have no idea what to do!?

QuetasQuetas Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237137Members
I am lost, I legit don't know what to do next. I have gone in the Aurora, inside the gun island and stole those ions cubes thingys, also I have just recently got a cyclops and a prawn. I have had that weird alien message asking me what I was. After going to the Aurora and the gun island, it's been a lot of time since I got a radio message or anything, so I ve been just getting recourses, that way I builded the cyclops. Anything else I'm missing or I should do? PS: please no spoilers

Comments

• GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    something you can do is to explore around the map and go deeper below 400-500 meters.
    the pda may hint you that's something down below when you visit a certain biome.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    In subnautica if you want answers go deeper also im sure that you went to the gun's control room and got stabed by that needle after that the pda gave you an entry called(alien facility locations) pay attention to this entry
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Quetas wrote: »
    I am lost, I legit don't know what to do next. I have gone in the Aurora, inside the gun island and stole those ions cubes thingys, also I have just recently got a cyclops and a prawn. I have had that weird alien message asking me what I was. After going to the Aurora and the gun island, it's been a lot of time since I got a radio message or anything, so I ve been just getting recourses, that way I builded the cyclops. Anything else I'm missing or I should do? PS: please no spoilers

You've built a Seamoth, right? If not... do that. You should get a message telling you to investigate a certain lifepod, which will you send you somewhere else, and once you've explored that place fully, you'll get pings that should lead you to other places.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Maybe the game should have stronger cues to induce the player to check major PDA entries.
  • QuetasQuetas Join Date: 2018-02-07 Member: 237137Members
    adel_50 wrote: »
    In subnautica if you want answers go deeper also im sure that you went to the gun's control room and got stabed by that needle after that the pda gave you an entry called(alien facility locations) pay attention to this entry

Thanks I ll try to do that next. From what I see the answer is always "Go deeper" haha.
    edited February 2018
    something you can do when you are there is to explore both caves underwater and overwater,
    if you wanna find more Purple Tablets.
  • pathampatham Join Date: 2018-02-10 Member: 237320Members
    I'm also kind of stuck on my playthrough. I'll spoiler my question because topic starter asked for no spoilers (and I can't open my own topic before posting in someone else's...)
    I've explored the Aurora, built the prawn suit, been to the lost river, found the alien biofacility even had a peek down to the lava zone with my 900m prawn suit limit...but I still don't have a vehicle upgrade console. I have a modification station that could upgrade things that I can't yet build...

I've checked every wreck that the wiki or Youtube mentioned, but in the databoxes I always found other blueprints. I even tried to console spawn a fragment, or unlock it, but baseupgradeconsole, which is the name that the wiki gave me doesn't seem to work. Any clues are to where to find the vehicle upgrade console, or the cheat to unlock it would be appreciated. I've been at it for several hours now and either I missed a very obvious PDA clue to it, or I did not get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    you can find the vehicle upgrade console in sparse reef.
    y4nv2htbo274.jpg
    I went back to check it again, the databox in there is open (behind the door that I cut open with the laser cutter). So I found something else there instead. :s
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @patham There's more than one databox around. Make sure to check around outside, as sometimes databoxes aren't all inside wrecks.

@Quetas there should be a log entry or two that say the rendezvous point is a landmass
    1km sw of the aurora, have you checked that out? It leads to another breadcrumb or two that help you find a way deeper.
    Also, as baronvonsatan mentioned, certain lifepod pings only appear after making certain equipment.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    You stole the ion crystals!? You monster! Someone call the Peeper Police!
    edited February 2018
    patham wrote: »
    I went back to check it again, the databox in there is open (behind the door that I cut open with the laser cutter). So I found something else there instead. :s

If you have your habitat builder with you, take a look in interior tab.
    It may look something like this:
    enlgx9vzjypv.png
    edited February 2018
    I've found two boxes in the two wrecks, and one a short way away from there. In the habitat builder I can't see it. I'm at a point where I'd just cheat it in through he console, but even the wiki doesn't have the correct console ID for it...
    edited February 2018
    Another place you may look is mushroom forest wreck, or you can try inserting this into console:
    Unlock baseupgradeconsole

You've built a Seamoth, right? If not... do that. You should get a message telling you to investigate a certain lifepod, which will you send you somewhere else, and once you've explored that place fully, you'll get pings that should lead you to other places.

Yes I have builded one a while ago, although I'm not sure if I explored the place completely, I currently have the lifepods 12, 19, 17, 13 and 3, and the rendezvous point (I have collected the pda there, but nothing else). Meanwhile I explored the gun island, and found the portal to the other island Btw: when you fully explore a place, does its beacon disappear?
  • DonHewgodookoDonHewgodooko United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236380Members
    If you're having trouble finding blueprints I found the best way to do it is build scanner outposts across the map. Build 4 of the scanner range upgrades and just slot those in and search for wrecks and fragments. You'll find all the blueprints in no time.
    edited February 2018

@GoldenApples , @baronvonsatan, @adel_50 , also my AI hasn't said anything since I builded the cyclops. Is it bugged or something?
    @GoldenApples , @baronvonsatan, @adel_50 , also my AI hasn't said anything since I builded the cyclops. Is it bugged or something?

You mean during construction?
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    Like i've said in an another topic :
    Shadox wrote: »
    So basicly , do every radio message you have (with radar icon or with clue (for location without radar icon you should check in the PDA)) , each time you reach a location seek for lost PDA (in the case or they are needed).

After all location found (and taking PDA in it for be sure) , make a cyclop (500 base) if its not the case yet (and/or PRAWN for 900base),

-You should be able to go to max 500 by defaut and seek for Ruby in several location
    -With ruby upgrades you'll be able to go to 900 with cyclops and seamoth and seek for Nickel in Lost River (550-1000)
    -With Nickel upgrades you'll be able to go 1300 with PRAWN and cyclops and seek for Kyanite in Inactive Lava Zone (900-1300)
    -With Kyanite upgrades you'll be able to go to 1700 and reach Lava lake (1300-1700)

Then now seek for important locations.

Tips , try to have some Ion cube and Tablet as possible in your inventory or vehicle (for avoid be forced to go back home in you find something asking for them).

Tip 2 : For PRAWN scan big fragment in Aurora (25% each =4 frag) , cuz if you seek for PRAWN frag in the game (outside aurora) , they only give 5% per piece , so 20 pieces needed..)

Use different color for radar icon , for exemple me :
    -Red = Bases/Vehicles (always ON except lifepod 5))
    -Orange = Portals beacon (always OFF unless i need use it)
    -Yellow = Radio location cleared (take loot+PDA , always OFF since them aren't useful after clear)
    -Blue = Biomes beacon + radio location i didnt clear yet (biomes always OFF unless need travel / Radio always ON until i've clear them all.
    -Teal , i think i didn't use it.

Thinks to scan yourself after some time , in the case or it was needed for a PDA entries, but not sure it unlock something in the story (except entries).

Sorry for my english.

You mean during construction?

@adel_50 yes after I constructed it, the ai said that message about the cyclops beeing a 3 man submarine and stuff. Nothing after that. And I can't go in the alien facility location thing because I haven't found yet the depth upgrade

• celisarcelisar Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237401Members
    Hi! I am new here and also quite new in the game. I am completely stuck in the game with no story progression as well. Ok, I have that entry talking about a facility 800 meters down but where to find that? I have been exloring for ages!! Any help would be appreciated!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited February 2018
    Its hard to give hints without posting huge potential spoilers @celisar, and its hard to now what you didnt see without spoilers either.

First some general thing.
    Did you explore the biomes/places you can go to fully? Caves, near the ground etc? This means you can build certain stuff you need in order to progress.
    If you really can not find, spoiler tag your deepest biome so folk who know can read and answer in spoiler tag, and the ones who do not can ignore it? :)

I will try some pointers.
    Got the seamoth without upgrades?
    Then even the most shallow caves are still to deep, get upgrades.
    Got the seamoth with moonpool and its upgrades?
    You should be able to, although barely, get into the Bulb zones with none to some upgrades and fully with all.
    Got the prawn?
    Bulb zone and Blood kelp should be doable.
    Prawn and upgrades?
    No real limit here. You can easily do blood kelp zone and..
    Even with a fully upgrades seamoth and a well upgraded prawn.
    The DEEP grand reef is doable.
    Still confused?
    The blood kelp and deep grand reef zones have cave entrances. These lead into massive entire cave biomes.
    Aka all deeper biomes are caves. Huge massive caves. This is probably what you missed if you are truly stuck. The few openings to the deeper cave biomes.

A final but important note.
    The cyclops is a glorified Hauler.
    Its visibility is abysmal. (One thing id like to be less realistic.)
    In a cyclops you can pass something 30 times and never see it, when you know its there and are actively looking for it. But if in a prawn you are like 'oh its there'.
    I would not even bother to move a cyclops if it didnt have sonar.
    I want to thank you all for the help, but I ve finally found out my way, it looks like that I forgot about 1 pda in the jellyshroom cave p.h. everything s going fine now <3
    I want to thank you all for the help, but I ve finally found out my way, it looks like that I forgot about 1 pda in the jellyshroom cave p.h. everything s going fine now <3

Great to hear that(although I didn't do much) but hey just a tip that will be extremely powerful for you: data entries

Read them all especially the ones in alien facilities they help you find your next trip and what to expect sometimes so keep reading those pdas and data terminal's data

Great to hear that(although I didn't do much) but hey just a tip that will be extremely powerful for you: data entries

Read them all especially the ones in alien facilities they help you find your next trip and what to expect sometimes so keep reading those pdas and data terminal's data

Yep, thx to those i ve found the Lr and almost lost my cyclops because of those spooky blue leviathans :3. Im loving this game so much!
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Maybe the game should have stronger cues to induce the player to check major PDA entries.

This would be excellent. On my first play-through, I found the thingies which let me go deeper earlier on; and so I had no trouble continuing with the storyline. But on later play-throughs, I was less lucky and had... forgotten all that stuff. And so, I spent quite awhile just sitting around and staying alive when I could have been continuing the storyline