Questions about graphic options and a strange problem.

Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members
When SubNautica got the Eye Candy update, I decided to fire it back up and play it again. And it was a lot of fun. I took a break after awhile of playing and have just recently come back again, and now I'm noticing a lot of lag literally from the beginning of the game, and I don't remember this lag when playing right after the Eye Candy update.

So the first question is, am I missing something as to why this might be happening?

My second question is, could someone provide a simple list of the graphical options that are now available, and what to set them to if the desired outcome is maximized performance?

I appreciate any help.

Comments

• slick_willslick_will United States Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235866Members
    Setting the anti-aliasing to FXAA and turning off the bloom have seemed to help me but I still have issues.

I suppose you could set all of the settings to low and try that.

I'm playing on the original Xbox one if that matters.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I had to delete the "-force-d3d9" from my startup options. I had put that in there to fix a crashing issue from an earlier version. I tested it and it doesn't crash and the graphics look fine (no pink water).
    (URLs Removed)

1) This was for Xbox One, that wouldn't work.
    2) Stop being a spambot.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2018
    I had to delete the "-force-d3d9" from my startup options. I had put that in there to fix a crashing issue from an earlier version. I tested it and it doesn't crash and the graphics look fine (no pink water).
    (URLs Removed)

1) This was for Xbox One, that wouldn't work.
    2) Stop being a spambot.

These bots are getting smarter, seems they're scanning similar content and using that in their comment. This particular came from /r/Subnautica
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Very soon we will have widespread, proficiently trained, AI bots.