Questions about graphic options and a strange problem.

Obsidian_ThirteenObsidian_Thirteen Columbia, MO Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228284Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
When SubNautica got the Eye Candy update, I decided to fire it back up and play it again. And it was a lot of fun. I took a break after awhile of playing and have just recently come back again, and now I'm noticing a lot of lag literally from the beginning of the game, and I don't remember this lag when playing right after the Eye Candy update.

So the first question is, am I missing something as to why this might be happening?

My second question is, could someone provide a simple list of the graphical options that are now available, and what to set them to if the desired outcome is maximized performance?

I appreciate any help.

Comments

• slick_willslick_will United States Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235866Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Setting the anti-aliasing to FXAA and turning off the bloom have seemed to help me but I still have issues.

I suppose you could set all of the settings to low and try that.

I'm playing on the original Xbox one if that matters.
  • roshanginy12roshanginy12 USA Join Date: 2018-10-14 Member: 244129Members Posts: 3 Fully active user
    I had to delete the "-force-d3d9" from my startup options. I had put that in there to fix a crashing issue from an earlier version. I tested it and it doesn't crash and the graphics look fine (no pink water).
    https://downloader.vip/rufus/ https://downloader.vip/mapquest/ https://downloader.vip/uptodate/
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 636 Advanced user
    I had to delete the "-force-d3d9" from my startup options. I had put that in there to fix a crashing issue from an earlier version. I tested it and it doesn't crash and the graphics look fine (no pink water).
    (URLs Removed)

1) This was for Xbox One, that wouldn't work.
    2) Stop being a spambot.
    ================Anomaly================
    "Life is a game,
    which the universe plays with itself."

Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
    ================Anomaly================
    Kouji_San
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,707 Advanced user
    edited October 16
    (URLs Removed)

1) This was for Xbox One, that wouldn't work.
    2) Stop being a spambot.

These bots are getting smarter, seems they're scanning similar content and using that in their comment. This particular came from /r/Subnautica

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 437 Advanced user
    Very soon we will have widespread, proficiently trained, AI bots.