Screen frozen on main menu

silentxwritersilentxwriter USA Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236977Members
edited February 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hey guys, I posted this on the Steam forums but didn't get a solution so I'm hoping someone here can help. Basically I've been trying to play this game for like two days and can't even get past the goddamn main menu. The game will load, go to the menu, play (stuttering) animations for about 5-20 seconds, and then all animations and video will freeze. The mouse is still active and I can still hear the button highlighting and clicking noises. If I click where "Quit" is, even though it will not show it highlighting, it will close the game, so it is still "running" (or at the very least, functioning), but everything onscreen is frozen. The game never crashes -- it'll stay frozen, playing music with no animation for hours unless I close out. Other games work fine, this is unique to Subnautica.

I'm running on:
GeForce GTX 860M
DirectX 12
Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU at 2.60GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit OS

Output Log link

So far I have already tried:
checking in Nvidia control panel that the game is using my 860M card and not integrated
running in windowed mode, not fullscreen
verifying integrity of game cache on Steam, like, 37 times
updating my graphic card drivers
uninstalling and reinstalling Subnautica
exiting and restarting Steam
rebooting my laptop
alt-tabbing/alt-entering to desktop and back
putting "-window-mode exclusive" in Steam launch options

Nothing has worked so far.
Please help me figure this out, I don't want to have to ask for a refund but if I can't even get past the main menu....

Comments