A part of what makes wrecks creepy is how aged they look, here's some 3D scans for example

Comments

• angeluscaligoangeluscaligo Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236483Members
    Well, do you mean that you want the dev's to apply this to the wrecks that aren't the Degasi bases? Because if you do, it wouldn't make sense - since those Aurora-wrecks are brand-new :P
  • thetawaves90thetawaves90 Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236679Members
    I agree with angeluscaligo - the wrecks are brand new so wouldn't show any sign of aging immediately. Degradation of wrecks over time would be a neat idea, though titanium forms a protective oxide layer which would make it very resistant to corrosion. Having them become increasingly overgrown with local flora and algae is an option.
  • TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members
    Well, do you mean that you want the dev's to apply this to the wrecks that aren't the Degasi bases? Because if you do, it wouldn't make sense - since those Aurora-wrecks are brand-new :P

haha dw I know that, I just meant since a ton of other ships have crashed before us, there should also be some wrecks right?
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members

haha dw I know that, I just meant since a ton of other ships have crashed before us, there should also be some wrecks right?
    Time capsules are kinda outside the game's lore. They're mostly just for fun.
  • TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members

I was just talking about actual shipwrecks, there's a PDA entry about 300+ other ships being shot down
  • angeluscaligoangeluscaligo Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236483Members

I was just talking about actual shipwrecks, there's a PDA entry about 300+ other ships being shot down

That's the first time I hear about the 300 number. All that I can remember being canonically shot down by the QEP are the Degase, the Aurora, the Sunbeam and possibly the Precursor ships (if there were any).
  • KostriktorKostriktor Switzerland Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226342Members
    edited February 2018
    he probably means the degasi bases. they have just some rust (even tho titanium shouldnt rust lol), thats it.
    edit: or can it rust ? not entirely sure ...
    edit2: well these guys mean it does, and they talk about a protective layer which prevents further corrosion, therefor, the ingame degasi bases look pretty amazing and titan-accurate
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Kostriktor wrote: »
    he probably means the degasi bases. they have just some rust (even tho titanium shouldnt rust lol), thats it.
    edit: or can it rust ? not entirely sure ...
    edit2: well these guys mean it does, and they talk about a protective layer which prevents further corrosion, therefor, the ingame degasi bases look pretty amazing and titan-accurate
    It's not just rust. Mainly bio encrustation, a combination of biofilm and benthic fauna/flora that settles on the surface of the material. This also subjects the material to new stresses and chemicals.