ns2_altair

ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited January 2018 in Mapping
gEavABB.jpg

After a couple years, I decided to dig out my old unfinished graybox of the map. I chopped it apart and glued it back together, partly because @SamusDroid wouldn't leave me be. If you played NS1, you probably will recognize some of the places. Most of the geo is converted/rebuilt.

Anyways, here's a graybox.

Currently detailing.

Word of warning to server ops: the map uses custom textures which are currently tied to official vanilla props. Playing maps such as Eclipse, Descent and Biodome will result in some weird art. Please disable the mod unless the map is being played. Thanks!

Comments

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'll be live-streaming a run through of this map tomorrow night if anyone is interested, will post here when i am ready :)
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter

Microphone wasn't working so i had to type out, lost any interest in recording after that >.< none the less here's the video, also bonus at the end i show ns1 altair, i'll try get a demo of a couple of games for you.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Update to fix the power node issue. Currently working on detailing certain sections. Hopefully I'll be able to merge those changes soon.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Best of luck to you mate, glad to see your enthusiasm is still going strong after all these years, any news on refinery?
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Best of luck to you mate, glad to see your enthusiasm is still going strong after all these years, any news on refinery?

Still working. Need to redo the area I cut-copy-pasted from old variations of the map to be something more natural and look good.