Me and my strange, strange relationship with warpers.

kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
I hear all this stuff about how warpers are nothing but a pain in the tush, but personally, I've always liked them. I feel about them like an old, wise man might feel about death: I fear them, but because of this, I also respect them. Like a thunderstorm, they can scare you, yet they are impressive and, frankly, beautiful. There's something just so unimaginably cool about them, that it makes it impossible for me to hate them. When I left the planet, I felt respect for them. To quote The Tale of the Three Brothers, it was like: "and then he greeted death as an old friend, went with him gladly, and, as equals, they departed from this life." I have a certain reverence for them, and no amount of deaths of players to them can change that.

Comments

• UnrealInstinct8UnrealInstinct8 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203335Members
    I will have to disagree with you. There is nothing scarier then getting teleported straight out of your seamoth and have it watch as you try to escape screaming with a look of pure terror on your face as it does it again and again and then when you think your safe in your seamoth it pulls you straight out of the only safety you could only dream about at that moment until you finally give into the terror and let it end your suffering....But maybe that's just me.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    respect oh hell no. they are trolly jerks. my reaction to being teleported pull out my knife scream "bring it on" and go after him.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Came into this thread looking for erotic fan fiction involving warpers. Left disappointed.

That did happen thanks to our beloved @kingkuma believe it or not.

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    Came into this thread looking for erotic fan fiction involving warpers. Left disappointed.

That did happen thanks to our beloved @kingkuma believe it or not.
    @lordoffiling

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153255/warper-encounter-visual-novel-custom-game

I'm beginning to regret posting this.
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    Yeah.... No. lol Let me paint you a picture.

Me: Running from a Crabsquid, in pure terror, Arachnophobia in 9999% overdrive.
    Headlights are still on, crabsquid screaming (likely in pain from the light).
    We are both rampaging around this cavern, screaming in duo, harmonizing if you would, the plankton are just embarrassed.
    Warper: "Gerba lurk durch bach nib..." (Translation: What if I just...)
    Me: Sudden confusion, treading water, 900m down.
    Crabsquid equally confused.
    Me: Realizes flashlight is on.
    Crabsquid squeels.
    Me: Has small heart attack and falls out of my chair.

Somewhere in Warper HQ
    "You look like you could use some coffee.
    Warper: "Yerp der boop."
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    I've never really gotten the teleport-terror. They've never manaegd to teleport me out of the cyclops, even when I was at final stage infection, and actively trying to ram one. And if I DO get teleported, out of my PRAWN or something, I just give them a boop on the snoot with a heat blade, say "bad warper" and they go away.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    I do hate it when I'm in the Prawn trying to get over the top of something, and get warped out, and watch my prawn drop helplessly back into the abyss...