They are BILLIONS!

Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
pvjwu2gofxa6.jpg

If your FPS is suddenly dying for no apparent reason, check the surface... There are writhing, twitching clusters of them everywhere for me. These clusters explode when you get near, tossing the floaters all around you, and then they just... re-assemble. I've spent the last hour or so picking them up and disposing of them in trash cans by the dozens, just to hopefully save my game so I can keep on playing. Here's hoping they won't be back next time i load the save. (Yes, I did bug report this.)

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Zip up your save file for the devs to look at (second line of my signature). Maybe it'll help them get to the bottom of this.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Welp, saw your reply too late and shame on me for not thinking about that myself... I kept trying to manually get rid of the suckers, but they just kept multiplying. In the end, I could see the "pick up floater" prompt everywhere outside my base and when clicked, it would actually give me a floater every time. Suffice to say the game crashed after slowing down to 1 FPS and I ended up doing the clear cache trick to save my save. Everything went back to normal after that and the first thing I did was to get rid of all floaters I could find in the area. Hopefully that will prevent the issue from happening again.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Welp, saw your reply too late and shame on me for not thinking about that myself... I kept trying to manually get rid of the suckers, but they just kept multiplying. In the end, I could see the "pick up floater" prompt everywhere outside my base and when clicked, it would actually give me a floater every time. Suffice to say the game crashed after slowing down to 1 FPS and I ended up doing the clear cache trick to save my save. Everything went back to normal after that and the first thing I did was to get rid of all floaters I could find in the area. Hopefully that will prevent the issue from happening again.

Annoying stuff mate. Glad you found a fix.

Sounds (and looks) hilarious though.
  • ZK13ZK13 United States Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236079Members
    Now I'm genuinely curious how this even happened...and scared it'll happen to my game! Yikes!