The launch pad

ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
(on stable number 59785) I still can't build the launch pad. Is it suppose to be like that? I have the blueprint gather the materials take it up and try to build it. It take the material and does not give me the pad. Still don't have the blueprint for the rocket. Do I need that?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Forgerer wrote: »
    (on stable number 59785) I still can't build the launch pad. Is it suppose to be like that? I have the blueprint gather the materials take it up and try to build it. It take the material and does not give me the pad. Still don't have the blueprint for the rocket. Do I need that?

Yes, you need the blueprint to build the item.
  • JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members
    The launch pad and rocket were locked before the game's 1.0 release yesterday: the launch pad blueprint was available, but it could not be built and would consume your materials if you tried.

It should be working now, if you haven't already done it.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited January 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

You need the blueprint to build the launch pad. There is no blueprint for the rocket; the rocket sections unlock one at a time. He has the blueprint for the launch pad; it just won't unlock.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    JimboJambo wrote: »
    The launch pad and rocket were locked before the game's 1.0 release yesterday: the launch pad blueprint was available, but it could not be built and would consume your materials if you tried.

It should be working now, if you haven't already done it.

Unless #59785 undid what #59784 did (and it sounds like it hasn't), it won't unlock. The last stable build# is #59783. Apparently, we were all supposed to switch to stable before launch. I didn't. I'm now on what I can best describe as a hate-playthrough because all the time I invested in curing the damn Kharaa and shutting the QEP down was for nothing.
  • ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
    I have the blueprint for the launch pad I gathered the materials for it and took the fabricator up and attempted to make it it took the materials and did not make the launch pad it has done the several times

You need the blueprint to build the launch pad. There is no blueprint for the rocket; the rocket sections unlock one at a time. He has the blueprint for the launch pad; it just won't unlock.

I think you get the blueprints for all rocket items when you get the launch pad, don't you? IIRC.
    You might need to switch to Stable. If your saved game won't load, do this:
    If you're in experimental mode, you're going to need to switch out of it, and attempt to build it then. If that dosen't work, attempt a file verification. If even then that does not work, you may want to attempt a complete reinstall. (Note: Experimental saves are unable to be played in stable. If you wish to play the save again, go into SNAppData, find your save, goto gameinfo.json, find the changeset, and change the changeset value to 59783)

Someone needs to take a close look of my first chat it tells you everything
    edited January 2018
    You might need to switch to Stable. If your saved game won't load, do this:
    If you're in experimental mode, you're going to need to switch out of it, and attempt to build it then. If that dosen't work, attempt a file verification. If even then that does not work, you may want to attempt a complete reinstall. (Note: Experimental saves are unable to be played in stable. If you wish to play the save again, go into SNAppData, find your save, goto gameinfo.json, find the changeset, and change the changeset value to 59783)

This worked. I'm building the launchpad. I could friggin' kiss you right now, man.

(...don't get your hopes up or nothin' though :p )
    @Forgerer Unless an update has been made to Stable, the latest Stable build was 59783, and your build of 59785 means you're in Experimental. Now it's possible that Stable got another micro patch, but I would go into Steam > Subnautica > Properties > Betas and double-check (make sure to hit the OK button when opting out, don't just close the window).

Well I just built the launch pad if I am on experimental then it shouldn't have worked. I have been on the stable since I downloaded the game and I have not changed it.
    Just checked the code and like an idiot I put in the wrong it is 59783
    I've successfully built and launched the rocket! I can cross "My Save :(" off my list of things that I wish had made it into the 1.0 :)
  • ajsparkyajsparky USA Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235907Members
    1/26/2018 I cannot build the rocket launch pad. I have tried in version 59785, 59790, and then in 59783. I started in 59785, I was not in experimental mode and still got this update. I switched to experimental to get the 59790 update. When I turned experimental back off, I was given 59783. I don't even get a message or error saying build in deeper water. I am cured, and the big gun is shut off.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @ajsparky are you able to build anything else? Does it use materials when you try to build the launch pad?
    edited January 2018
    Yeah you build the rocket is sections
    @narfblat It does not take the materials out of my inventory. I am playing hardcore if that matters at all. I can build anything else except the rocket launch pad. First time i tried i got a message from the tablet saying the waters weren't deep enough. I went to waters where Reefbacks are and tried to build it, nothing happens.
    edited January 2018
    When you build the launch pad it starts a series of blueprints that eventually make the rocket (spoiler) look in your PDA for the blueprint
    @Forgerer I have the blueprint for the launchpad. However I cannot build it. Even though I have the materials required in my inventory. I just click the button and nothing happens. Launchpad does not build.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Make sure you haven't switched left/right mouse button or equivalent; v1.0 broke the re-assigned build button inside build menus.