Time Capsule Treats (was "Acituanbus, Found It!")

2»

Comments

• AsmodanAsmodan Germany Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235649Members
    Thanks for your answers, now i know what to expect. I think i just ignore them if i dont like whats inside. In my new Playthrough i'm currently inside the Aurora and i didn't find a time capsule by now. I was afraid i stumble upon them the moment i leave the lifepod.
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    Asmodan wrote: »
    ... I think i just ignore them if i don't like whats inside. ...

Unless there's been some change, you don't get to see what's inside first. With the one I found, there was no external indication of contents, and activating it emptied the contents into my inventory automatically.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Found a couple more time capsules tonight. Not sure if they were created by any of the players who post here, but if so, thanks!

One was entitled "My Friend" and I believe it included a Cuddle Fish. Not the egg but the fish itself. Unfortunately it didn't seem to survive the journey. Couldn't see it around anywhere. Sorry! The text was written as if it was an earlier mission and had a little bit of foreshadowing of the Aurora's journey which was a nice touch.

The other was called "Lifepod 5" and contained a brief diary of their experience, plus some good tools.

Both of these were in the general area of Keen's lifepod, although I don't know if they're always in the same spot or randomly placed in the player's world.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Heh. I know what I'm going to leave...
    item 514

with a note saying it won't save the changes but have fun
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    edited January 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    item 514

I would expect that this item would not make it past any kind of company moderation. And you of all people should know better.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    item 514

Does it work anymore? Haven't they finally removed the terrain deformation code?
  • UnrealInstinct8UnrealInstinct8 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203335Members
    I got a time capsule that had 2 ion batteries and a stasis rifle. It said that it was meant to be used just in cast i ran into a reaper leviathan.

Also is there multiple time capsules in a game or is there only one?
  • WarvisWarvis Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226701Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Swim On By.
    Don't Pick Them Up.
    Totally Ignore Them.
    Doesn't work for me, and tbh I don't want to have to actively ignore content in a game with such an immersive depth.
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I hope my time capsule that I just finished will be found by a guy sometime that looks at it and reads it. This is a kind of player interaction I absolutely love.
    I understand the urge for people do share their own experience, but likewise I demand the right to have my own experience:
    I find it ruinous for the setting, the story, the whole immersive experience, to suddenly stumble upon things that are not part of "that world", it's an "out of character" interruption for my own personal roleplaying, from people I don't even know (and I can hardly call it "player interaction").

tl;dr: For me it's an immmersion break with the same impact as a "TEXTURE NOT FOUND" sprite in the seascape.

• IgnoreSandraIgnoreSandra Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235868Members
    I found that too! Picture of a Reaper Leviathan, five Ion Power Cells, a disparagement of my Cyclops' power efficiency (He didn't mean it, Cassie, I promise), best wishes, and an Aurora Miniature. Which was nice, cause I left mine at my base. It was honestly kind of fortuitous, cause I was in the process of grinding up copper for extra batteries for extra power cells, cause frankly I didn't want to go into that weird fossil zone without extra batteries, not after what happened the first time I tried. Funny note: I found this Time Capsule about fifty meters below a Reaper Leviathan in the Dunes, which is why I'm okay with getting five Ion Power Cells from it. I could have died!

The second time capsule I found had a lovely poem about the last night on 4546B, a picture of the moon, and it had a Sea Crown seed. Not totally sure what the significance of a random seed was, so into the bioreactor it went. The poem was still absolutely glorious.

The third time capsule had a picture of a bulb bush, and advice not to eat the glowing blue portions, but otherwise it's edible and awesome. It also had a bulb bush sample, which is now growing at my base. Also good luck on surviving.

The fourth time capsule was frankly the best and most memorable. It had a picture of an aquarium, six fish, regrets on being unable to bring their pets with them, and directions on care and feeding of them. One of them (A Magmarang?) was a type I hadn't seen before. Honestly, I don't see the point of the aquarium usually but as I picked that up I was thinking "I have to honor this", so I did. There's now an aquarium in my bedroom at my base.

I'm considering a couple different options for my Time Capsule when I leave this place. I had a hell of a time finding Diamond for my laser cutter, so I might just slip two of those into the capsule.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    96mgt5jfrf1l.png
    first one to find it gets some tissues and anti-depressants
  • ProWittingSwordProWittingSword Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236338Members
    edited January 2018
    i found one and it almost broke my heart, so cute ;-;
    It contained a variety of fish and a very well-written note. If any of you are the owner of this capsule, no need to worry. They're safe and secure, and I will defend them with my life. I'd die before them. Below are some screenshots of the fish, all safe and sound, and the message that was included.

EDIT: I just joined today, so i can't post the actual image link, so here's the pictures in file form.
  • AcituanbusAcituanbus Germany Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218640Members
    No, I'm not a dev xD
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    I got one the other day saying "Stuck on a water planet? Here, have more water." Contained 2 large filtered waters.