Hmmm, I've played this game 6 times and I'm lost.

WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
It feels some biome configuration has changed of late. I had a very neat spot for a base and I can't find it anymore.

It was on the border of Shallows, Kelp and Grassy plateau. I had the grand reef trench not far on the left (maybe 500m) and the entrance of the shroom cave at 200m right (the one with the 3 holes.

Does this entrance have been removed ?

Did you noticed some biome modifications ?

Comments

• GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    edited January 2018
    could it be here:
    td2sf9gb35ig.jpg
    and if you go west/north-west so can you find the entrance to Jellyshroom Cave.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Warzouz wrote: »
    It feels some biome configuration has changed of late. I had a very neat spot for a base and I can't find it anymore.

It was on the border of Shallows, Kelp and Grassy plateau. I had the grand reef trench not far on the left (maybe 500m) and the entrance of the shroom cave at 200m right (the one with the 3 holes.

Lifepod 5 (your pod) has like 8 different starting spots, the game picks one at random on each playthrough.
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    Warzouz wrote: »

I actually built my first Freedom mode base there. I know exactly where you're talking about. It's pretty much the same now, except they removed the holes to the caves, and instead made a different cave system there that goes horizontally.
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    You're looking for the location roughly west of the southern safe shallows thermal vent. It appears to be a popular place for a base.
  • FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    Speaking of popular base locations, does anyone else use the sort of sand dunes at the northeast and 40m below area of the Sparse Reef? It's where my avatar is located if that helps.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    They might have moved stuff.

Long ago I used to like building my first base in that area above the entrance to the shroom caves. Very handy. I think there's still a very shallow cave in that spot and the brain coral, as there was previously, but the cave now has a floor instead of a tunnel down to the caves.

I found a different entrance into the caves in a nearby spot (near the abandoned base) which looks like a bit like a flattened T, with a very short stem and long arms.

• WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
    Ok, I found the spot. The terrain has been change a bit and the entrance is now blocked. There is another entrance not far, though.