Whats up with the new pings?

Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
in 1.0 there are new pings and i absolutely hate them. the only way for it to show up is to look directly at it which makes finding them incredibly difficult. there is no option to disable this and it is really frustrating. please, bring back the old ping system. or at least an option to disable the new one. please.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2018
    I just go in my PDA and change the color to Orange to see them better.
    I personally like the fact that they are less obtrusive now.
    I also like the color range. By making the places I've already been to Green, I can use them as Location Markers without having to place my own Buoys.
    I use the Red for Lifepod #5 and Yellow for my Seamoth/PRAWN/Cyclops.
    <shrug>
    B)
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I also prefer the new system with the smaller-then-expanding pings. Like Davey above I usually change their color. Maybe the default shouldn't be light blue any more.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Klinn wrote: »
    I also prefer the new system with the smaller-then-expanding pings. Like Davey above I usually change their color. Maybe the default shouldn't be light blue any more.

the issue is not the color, its that i cant find where the pings originate from and i cant get them to show onscreen rendering me completely lost.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Funsauce32 wrote: »
    Klinn wrote: »

the issue is not the color, its that i cant find where the pings originate from and i cant get them to show onscreen rendering me completely lost.

nevermind! my game was bugged and the pings didnt exist! the only way i could find them were if i was looking at them. sorry for the confusion.