IT'S FINALLY RELEASED!!!!!

Comments

• HewgeHewge Australia Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226939Members
    This launch event is kind of a disaster. I feel like they forgot to actually release the 1.0 patch lmao
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    No, it's released. I can confirm that, it did update.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Currently in denial, will celebrate next week
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    So I just want to say, after playing 3 or 4 hours of the released version, that the new rendition of Avery Quinn makes me feel a lot less bad knowing that he's gonna die. Coming over the emergency comm system to deliver me sappy platitudes? Really? F you Avery!
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I'm glad y'all are enjoying. First I restarted Steam, then my whole damn computer. No update. I hate this.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Found a note saying we may need to switch from experimental to official to get the full update. Please try that.
  • ToriessianToriessian United States Join Date: 2017-07-12 Member: 231779Members
    I switched to the release build. I haven't played in some time so seeing the new eye candy and the smoother frame rate on my rift has been great. Congrats to the team.
  • erphoonerphoon Join Date: 2016-07-13 Member: 220173Members
    I also switched from experimental to official build, but still didn't receive any update regarding the final release build 1.0 !
    I even tried to verify the files via steam, but nothing. The game shows 59783 build version.

Any ideas? Did I miss something?
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited January 2018
    That stream was absolutely incredible! I can't wait for what's next for Subnautica after the devs well deserved break! :smile:

Also, I am back! Even though I wasn't posting, I checked here all the time. Family stuff has been going on, which has had me not being able to comment on the forums, I know it's complicated, but I am back. Glad to be here once again!
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    erphoon wrote: »
    I also switched from experimental to official build, but still didn't receive any update regarding the final release build 1.0 !
    I even tried to verify the files via steam, but nothing. The game shows 59783 build version.

Any ideas? Did I miss something?

For some reason you have to be on stable to get the update, as experimental seems to not have updated yet. Hope this helps!
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    From my understanding build 59783 is v1.0
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Silveressa wrote: »
    From my understanding build 59783 is v1.0

Well that's just great-- my experimental build is on #59784, and says it's more recent than the official. If it doesn't load, I'm gonna feel some kind of way about that. I'll keep you posted-- and thanks for the tips, guys.
    Won't even let me open the save. Changeset 59784 is newer than the current version. Changeset 59784 is one that takes your resources and makes them go poof when you try to build the rocket launch platform. This is an extraordinarily first-world problem, but I'm quite irate about this. Was there an announcement I missed somewhere that we needed to switch over to Stable or else this would happen?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Won't even let me open the save. Changeset 59784 is newer than the current version. Changeset 59784 is one that takes your resources and makes them go poof when you try to build the rocket launch platform. This is an extraordinarily first-world problem, but I'm quite irate about this. Was there an announcement I missed somewhere that we needed to switch over to Stable or else this would happen?

I think I saw the note about switching to stable or official pinned to the Discord. I never got on the discord until yesterday. So, I prob wouldn’t have seen it. Like you, I’m a bit bummed at least as well. I’m sure they will figure it all out in time for me to play this weekend.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    Hewge wrote: »
    This launch event is kind of a disaster. I feel like they forgot to actually release the 1.0 patch lmao
    This. I'm amazed they call this finished and even had a launch event. It runs as bad as ever, if not worse, and nothing what so ever is different except the ability to finish the game.

I feel like I got a lump of coal for Christmas.

• FireFoxFireFox Join Date: 2004-05-28 Member: 28974Members
    Congratulations on release. This game is still one of my go-to examples whenever a non-dev starts talking out of their anus about early access or Unity.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    WOOP WOOP!

I'm so happy the game is finally out.

We've waited two years, and it was a beautiful two.

We saw the addition of many new biomes.

The changes to the aurora.

The PRAWN suit added.

Fragments getting models.

The lost river being finished.

The ILV being completed.

The Lava Zone being added.

Thee story being constructed.

The sunbeam becoming a thing.

The disease infecting our oversized hands.

The Ghost Leviathan being added.

The Sea Dragon being added.

The Emperor becoming a thing.

We all stood together on this long journey, watching the game, community and everything else develope. We've now reached launch, where we can now end the game.

The next thing we can look forward to now is the future.

What other DLCs will we get than the Arctic Biome?

What new features will be added?

What crazy ideas can the devs think of?

How will we pay off our One Trillion Credit Bill?

But until we can come up with answers, we should do what we were trained in College to do when encountering alien lifeforms on another planet.

BLOW THEM UP!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    This. I'm amazed they call this finished and even had a launch event. It runs as bad as ever, if not worse, and nothing what so ever is different except the ability to finish the game.

Fog god's sake, stop complaining about your performance on oculus and thinking that just because it runs bad in vr it's automatically a bad launch. The launch just didn't span vr, wait a bit and they'll get to updating and patching that.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members

Fog god's sake, stop complaining about your performance on oculus and thinking that just because it runs bad in vr it's automatically a bad launch. The launch just didn't span vr, wait a bit and they'll get to updating and patching that.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR GOD DAMN HEAD. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT VR. Oculus Home is just like Steam. You can play it in desktop mode. It's the SAME GOD DAMN GAME.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members

Dude that guy's head is a rock no matter how many times you tell him that he'll always make something up that is:

1-not true

2-doesn't make any sense

To prove you wrong so just ignore him
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited January 2018
    Oh I see what you mean now, sorry lol.
    Still, my comment kinda applies because the full launch was basically for steam. Pretty sure oculus home version is gonna be updated along with the vr version.

EDIT: k, now i still have no idea what to think lol
    edited January 2018
    I need to be nicer to people and act like a mature human being in future.

Edit by Obraxis
    You guy's can't get it through your heads can you? Are you stupid or trolling? Go look at Steam forums FFS. It's all rainbows and Unicorns here you bunch of raving fanboys. You idiots would have the world believe it's a awesome game than runs perfect. WHat a fucking joke. I'm not the only one complaining.

Morons. 99% of you don't know what Oculus Home even is.

Fuck you.

OH NO DON'T BAN ME. Suck my fucking dick. Bunch of tech illiterate fuck hats.

He says the performance is bad i see more than 2 million people have bought it I guess we love bad performance
    tenor.gif

You see what did I tell you
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I just love how Jonas and Max explained how the game has to figure out if the player is swimming, walking or falling! Damn those aquariums inside airpockets under water in a base :D

And Simon talking about how he created the Reefback sounds from a squeal :tongue:
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    And Simon talking about how he created the Reefback sounds from a squeal :tongue:

Ikr! I was also astounded by that, I will never look at reefbacks the same way xD