Write custom text to the PDA, or special display screens in the base

GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
I was thinking that would would be useful as either a means of keeping track of projects one is working on, decoration or anything else one can think of. As for the PDA it could be useful for making a log or journal for ones into that sort of thing, or a To Do list. After all, it seems that everyone else on the Aurora was able to record or write to a PDA except for the player.

Comments

• GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    I looked around the forums after my last session and found that I am not the only one who thinks that writing your own journal entries would be a good thing to have. And more and more, the later it gets into a play through, when something like this becomes more and more important, the more i find i need a feature such as this. For instance, I know that in order to most efficiently sweep the widest area possible in the least amount of time and energy, i need outposts with fully upgraded scanning rooms.

That way what ever resource I am after i just grab the cyclops, seamoth or what ever is appropriate for that situation and go get it.

But where this feature would come in is that instead of having to remember off the top of my head where i was going to build what and when, I can just write it down. And if i get back on the next day and find i don't have enough resources, i can write that down too. This would especially be of help to me as I am a very forgetful person, lol.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I totally agree.

A long time ago, I made a thread like that. I totally agree, editing them would be awesome. Writing my own PDA Log would be so fun, recording everything that happened that in-game day.

But what about History tabs and Auto-Updating ones?
    Say you recently scanned the Alien Surface Pipes. You then go down to the Containment Facility and scan it down there.
    The PDA should update the first one, as the second one is new data. There should also be a history tab, which shows former logs.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2018
    Call it a Journal, or something. Have it unlock a new tab in the PDA when you find it. (Reason could be it got corrupted. We do have a lore reason for its existence, the PDA recommends keeping a journal to track your progress, yes?)
    Indeed it does, right after you build the bio reactor.
    I totally agree.

A long time ago, I made a thread like that. I totally agree, editing them would be awesome. Writing my own PDA Log would be so fun, recording everything that happened that in-game day.

But what about History tabs and Auto-Updating ones?
    Say you recently scanned the Alien Surface Pipes. You then go down to the Containment Facility and scan it down there.
    The PDA should update the first one, as the second one is new data. There should also be a history tab, which shows former logs.

heh, yeah, that would be fun. "Captain's star lo-....i mean Captain's sea log, day 141. A stalker ate "Wilson" this morning...I am very irritated about that as that was the only volleyball i was able to recover from the wreckage of the ship."