Cyclops Depth Module Mk3 removal. Cyclops currently dying in Active Lava Zone depths.

saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
EDIT: This is now resolved. Original cause of the Mk3 being removed from my save game with a UI warning that the MK3 had been removed from the game is still unanswered.

The decision to remove the Mk3 Depth Module needed to have come with warning. The MK2 does NOT allow a Cyclops to descend into the active lava zone and survive.

Which was where mine was stationed before it's removal, next to my final base in front of the final Precursor research centre. The vessel is now stuck there, with all of my valuable materials on it, unable to move out of the lethal crush depths because of the constant fires on board.

Even using a console command to re-add the Mk3 has no effect and isn't recognized by the Cyclops's augment slots. Please either boost the crush depth of the Mk2 by another 150-200 meters to cover the base of the active lava zone, or re implement the Mk3.

W4g4R9G.jpg

Comments

• adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I think the case here is allowing the prawn only to reach the primary containment facility and making the task a bit harder to reach but i do agree they should have warned the players
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Yeah, I've got a dead cyc in my main save now too. I understand (and even mostly agree with) the game balance reasoning behind the change, but a warning, or some legacy method to rescue your sub would be nice.

Can you console teleport the cyclops if you're driving it?
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    Jarin wrote: »
    Can you console teleport the cyclops if you're driving it?

I looked into that as well. Unfortunately you can't.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited January 2018
    Just checked my current game. I still have a Mk3 and can still dive to 1700m. No more water mark showing build #

Edit: maybe I should see if I can build one, checking
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Build # 59690 I can still build one also.

Build # 59690 I can still build one also.

Maybe it was a test because this number is the latest in experimental branch
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    It doesn't say anything of them removing it from the subnautica backend website. So is MK3 gone or not?
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    It doesn't say anything of them removing it from the subnautica backend website. So is MK3 gone or not?

I got a message on screen briefly when loading my save to say that "MK3 is no longer in game. Instances have been replaced by an MK2". I'm on stable release.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    edited January 2018
    Build 59691 (new experimental tonight), clean save, build cheats enabled to test: Could craft a cyc depth module Mk3 just fine, granting 1700 crush depth.

Confirmed, after the 14th attempt to spawn one through consoles and make one, the Cyclops finally accepted it and increased crush depth to 1700 meters.

Now I want to know why my original was removed and substituted by a mk2 while I was on the other side of the map from my sub.
    Confirmed, after the 14th attempt to spawn one through consoles and make one, the Cyclops finally accepted it and increased crush depth to 1700 meters.

Now I want to know why my original was removed and substituted by a mk2 while I was on the other side of the map from my sub.

Probably one of the updates have affected it for some reason because they're updating more regularly now
  • NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    There is a mark three in a time capsule near the sparse reef. It has a message left by one of the devs, and some supplies.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    EDIT: This is now resolved. Original cause of the Mk3 being removed from my save game with a UI warning that the MK3 had been removed from the game is still unanswered.

The decision to remove the Mk3 Depth Module needed to have come with warning. The MK2 does NOT allow a Cyclops to descend into the active lava zone and survive.

Which was where mine was stationed before it's removal, next to my final base in front of the final Precursor research centre. The vessel is now stuck there, with all of my valuable materials on it, unable to move out of the lethal crush depths because of the constant fires on board.

Even using a console command to re-add the Mk3 has no effect and isn't recognized by the Cyclops's augment slots. Please either boost the crush depth of the Mk2 by another 150-200 meters to cover the base of the active lava zone, or re implement the Mk3.

W4g4R9G.jpg

I know this isn't a fix, but you can use the console command NODAMAGE to maneuver the Cyclops to a depth that won't immediately kill it. As for the Mk. III device... you might have to start a new game to "restore" it? Or at the very least clear your cache folder to be able to build it again. Sorry that you're having to deal with that issue regardless. :-(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You should be able to directly spawn a MK3 into your inventory using the debug console commands. It should be
    item cyclopshullmodule3

if it follows the naming convention of the other modules. If not, it may be there's only 2 modules now, and they allow you to go up to 1700m?? If so, spawn a new cyclopshullmodule2 and you should be good.