Since Subnautica will have trailers for 1.0, Here's a song that fits well with the atmosphere

TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members
Short edit: all I did was cut 2 minutes, highly suggest you listen with headphones: https://instaud.io/10Z1

Original 5 minute long on his official youtube channel:

Nice and slow at first, maybe show early-stage gameplay for the first 2 mins, but the drop at 1:51 onwards would be perfect for showing the deeper, gorgeous, and terifying parts of Subnautica

If actually considering this, he has contact info here under Details: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes/about

I tried my hand at making a trailer with the song, but I'm shit at editing so didn't even finish it lmao

So what are your thoughts? What song would you have in the trailer?

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    the piano takes away from the usual 'sound' of subnautica. The current themes work because they 'sound' like what the game is; i.e. depressurization, bubbles, nautical creatures, and sonar. The piano and vocals just don't make it. If the piano were to be removed, however, and the vocals turned into some other sort of instrumentation. Something more like
  • RagnosRagnos Join Date: 2017-05-29 Member: 230812Members
    I'm not sure about this. Granted it is a relaxing, and soothing soundtrack, but doesn't give me that subnautica feel, compared to all their other soundtracks.
    For a trailer you'd need something that would pull the audience in, and astound their ears as well as their eyes.
    Previous Subnautica soundtracks have always been upbeat, and synth-like, which does the job pretty well, and I'm highly expecting the trailer soundtrack to be something that blows me away.

I'd love this for a trailer soundtrack, but it is a bit much for Subnautica. XD
    Invader
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018
    I found an ancient pre-alpha trailer, pretty fitting music...

• RagnosRagnos Join Date: 2017-05-29 Member: 230812Members
    @Kouji_San
    Ahhh, the tech demo of the earliest subnautica prototypes. Sure takes me back.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018
    Ragnos wrote: »
    @Kouji_San
    Ahhh, the tech demo of the earliest subnautica prototypes. Sure takes me back.

Meh, some company called Nintendo bought this tech demo. But wtf is this even, a fat guy going underwater through a pipe and proceeds to shoot bloody fire balls, while fighting against fishes and squids and collecting gold coins. And just look at all the bugs and glitches!

Surely this has to be one of the silliest and weirdest game designs known to man... I'm certain this "game" is going to be a complete failure and flop like the fish on dry land :D

33 years later one of the, if not THE most iconic game characters known to man!
    Legend has it, this guy has a brother as well...
    Which could be a prelude to Subnautica Bob finding his bro, Subnautica Mark...

WELL SHIT!
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
  • TacticalHogTacticalHog Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230229Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    My personal pick:

haaaa thats great, so an easter egg to this song was in the game already, so I made a short little trailer with it, spoilers tho:
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, just take a pick of this guy's stuff. Any one of them could fit beautifully, either for credit music or trailer music.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClYXSlzIV6WWD1Db36uAW0Q