"Invalid Data"?

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
I have foudn a bug where the game will deny you access to all servers you try to join and it displays the message "Invalid Data". I've tried uninstalling all of the mods I have active but it still doesn't work! If someone has an answer that could help me join a server or get this fixed that would be great. Also, if you need any more information about this bug that please ask.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2017
    I have foudn a bug where the game will deny you access to all servers you try to join and it displays the message "Invalid Data". I've tried uninstalling all of the mods I have active but it still doesn't work! If someone has an answer that could help me join a server or get this fixed that would be great. Also, if you need any more information about this bug that please ask.

Try using the "Verify integrity of game files" option in steam. (Right click the game in the library -> Properties -> Local Files tab)

Also, can you please attach your log file after this happens? Located in appdata/roaming/Natural Selection 2/log.txt
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Try using the "Verify integrity of game files" option in steam. (Right click the game in the library -> Properties -> Local Files tab)

Also, can you please attach your log file after this happens? Located in appdata/roaming/Natural Selection 2/log.txt

Forgot to try that and I'll be sure to post the log files too. Thanks.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Where could I find the appdata section? I've looked in all of the obvious places but can't seem to find it :/
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Where could I find the appdata section? I've looked in all of the obvious places but can't seem to find it :/

Try entering %appdata% in the address bar of the file manager.

TinCan wrote: »

Try entering %appdata% in the address bar of the file manager.

Thx but its all sorted now
  • AUSGoodblokeAUSGoodbloke Australia Join Date: 2017-12-28 Member: 234644Members
    I had similar problem
  • FallenLegendFallenLegend Portugal Join Date: 2017-12-30 Member: 234697Members
    Same problem, tried to uninstall and install again, checked forum, did integrity of the files and I'm attaching the log file
    log.txt 10.4K
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If you're still having this issue after verifying the integrity of the installation through steam :

Delete the hidden folder : C:/Users/YOURNAME/appdata/roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop