[Experimental] Base durability

JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
Noticing some changes in how base durability is being handled. Windows at greater depth are a bigger hit to base structural stability, and they also seem to vary significantly depending on where they're placed. There's a potential multi-point difference between windows on the "main" 4 sides of a MP room, and ones put on a "diagonal". Seems a bit odd that seemingly-identical pieces of wall would have different durability changes.

Also bulkheads provide only a fraction of the durability of structural reinforcement panels, despite costing exactly as much. Seems off...

Comments

• EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    diff values for corner slots for the MPR is a known bug. And higher HP impact at higher depth applies for all modules, not just windows
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    ...well, if huge, deep-sea bases are gonna be more difficult to build, then new reinforcement plates requiring, say, diamonds, would be very nice to have.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    Jarin wrote: »
    There's a potential multi-point difference between windows on the "main" 4 sides of a MP room, and ones put on a "diagonal". Seems a bit odd that seemingly-identical pieces of wall would have different durability changes.

It's fixed in 58375. Might want to prepare your bases for the next update..
    Also bulkheads provide only a fraction of the durability of structural reinforcement panels, despite costing exactly as much. Seems off...

In 58403, they use rubber rather than lithium and give +3HP.
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    Belgarel wrote: »

Yikes. I've been taking advantage of this "bug" for so long I don't even remember when it wasn't a thing. My bases are not going to like this...
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    There's a potential multi-point difference between windows on the "main" 4 sides of a MP room, and ones put on a "diagonal". Seems a bit odd that seemingly-identical pieces of wall would have different durability changes.

In 58403, they use rubber rather than lithium and give +3HP.

So wait... Does this mean that my wish for the bugged Reinforcements installed in *coff* "corners" *coff* of MP Rooms are finally fixed?! That Reinforcements finally only give +7 to Seabase HP no matter where or how they are installed??

Keep up the great work guys, all of your tireless devotion for Subnautica is very much appreciated! :blush:
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    cdaragorn wrote: »

Yikes. I've been taking advantage of this "bug" for so long I don't even remember when it wasn't a thing. My bases are not going to like this...

My old bases DEFINITELY DID NOT like this, and by "my old bases" I pretty much mean "me." I tried in the past to build for way more durability than I would ever need, and in more than one case it still wasn't nearly enough.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Just use the Oxygen cheat until they're fixed up.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    edited January 2018
    I always thought that was simply how they were meant to work. I never dreamed that the +14 in GP rooms was a bug, especially since it has been that way since the very beginning.

I'll be building more regular titanium corridors and reinforce them on both sides with this change. Reinforcements are ugly - and I think I'd prefer more windows in the GP rooms over corridors - and you can build top windows in an I-Corridor anyway even with two reinforced walls. Maybe reinforce the Moonpools too.

Happy New Year all!
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    I knew from the start it was a bug, and I fear the day where all my bases would collapse :3