Another small bugs and issues list

WarvisWarvis Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226701Members
edited December 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
While not all of these may be bugs in a strict sense, this list includes things that imo are not "as intended".
Some of these may have been reported before - I did read a number of reports here, but I dare not say to have an overview of all current issues, plaese indulge me. As such, these issues ares based on the Dec2017 Rel. 57637 :
  1. When entering the PRAWN in an acid lake (which deals damage), the player keeps receiving damage inside the PRAWN until it is out of the acid.
  2. Base stilts still appear incomplete (not all stilts) occasionally.
  3. Beacons are visible while PDA is active, this is especially irritating when in the beacon manager tab (maybe not so much a bug but a GUI issue, still more than just cosmetics, imo)
  4. Seaglide has overly complex cycle pattern, it takes 6 steps to return to "all off" instead of just 4 (Edit: could use "tool alternate use" to toggle radar/light separately?) :
    # Step  Radar  Light
      -----------------
      1.    off    off
      2.    on     on  
      3.    on     off  
      4.    off    on  
      5.    on     off   - redundant
      6.    on     on    - redundant
      -----------------
      1.    off    off   - cycle repeats

5. Small fish hitting the Cyclops hull produce too loud banging sounds: This maybe is a "works as intended" (and it might be 'realistic' due to submarine acoustics), but imo undermines the value of the acoustic feedback when actually hitting rock or something bigger (I could even wish for more distinct collision sounds, but that's beyond this report). And it's annoying when you're parked somewhere and a sinle little Biter plays the drums on your hull.
  6. Physics issues: PRAWN/Seamoth catapulted a kilometer by ghost leviathan. This probably goes along with other reports about sudden physics related "relocations", i.e. when PRAWN hits the opening cyclops docking doors. In my case this happened both times with a ghost leviathan attack: Near the border of the plateau where an attack push my seamoth out more than a kilometer in less than a second, and near the acid river region where the attack forced the PRAWN right through the level geometry - I could see surface objects (growth) whizzing past below PRAWN until after 2 or 3 seconds I stopped in a (lucky water filled) cavern. Slight damage, but about 1000m away from my encounter.

Edit:
  • 7. Storage containers can be opened from too far away (just the farthest distance where the "open" icon appears), where the PDA will not show up, but the character is stuck in an empty-handed PDA-holding animation (can be solved by ESCaping to menu and back).

Comments

• Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    edited December 2017
    I totally agree with #5, I was about to add my own report about this one.
    Another bug while I'm here:
    - If you make the Cyclops partially emerge from the gun moonpool, it will appear flooded. It's only visual.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    I have another bug/exploit. An incomplete moonpool has its oxygen system active. So say your Seamoth blew up, you're 900m from the surface. Just start the moonpool build. Go inside, bounce up and down, get your air, despawn, repeat.
  • WarvisWarvis Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226701Members
    Inny78 wrote: »
    - If you make the Cyclops partially emerge from the gun moonpool, it will appear flooded. It's only visual.
    Interesting, I remember when walking with the PRAWN all the way into the gun's main ramp room (from the moonpool) and then exiting, you were still im swim-mode and could swim freely around inside the gun... However, that was some versions back, haven't tried it since then.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    4.Seaglade tool alternate use for rada, YES PLEASE!!
    5.Bubbles form the Brain Coral impacting the Cyclops makes that sound