seamoth/prawn scanner upgrade

nexoboomnexoboom Lara Join Date: 2017-11-11 Member: 233934Members
i hate having to get out of my seamoth/prawn to get a scan so i think this should be implented by full realease. what do you think

Comments

• Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    Something like this would definitely be useful, but it's something I doubt would be added as it takes the challenge out of scanning certain things. Good Idea imo
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    I would be okay with it if the only change made was that the "this is scannable" icon showed up whenever you're in the Seamoth or Cyclops and something you haven't previously scanned comes into range. But to be honest, I don't see why scanner functionality isn't just built into the vehicles, without a scanning module needed (since you can't build even a Seaglide without a scanner).
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Something like this would definitely be useful, but it's something I doubt would be added as it takes the challenge out of scanning certain things. Good Idea imo
    Things such as?
    IMO the only things challenging to scan are dangerous animals, and for that we have the stasis cannon.

It shouldn't change the core gameplay too much by adding scanning capabilities for vehicles.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Things such as?
    IMO the only things challenging to scan are dangerous animals, and for that we have the stasis cannon.

It shouldn't change the core gameplay too much by adding scanning capabilities for vehicles.

Exactly-- try scanning a Reaper Leviathan without it being in stasis. You have to exit the vehicle to put it there anyway.