Miss the good o'l days

2»

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Ah yes, good ol' red room adjacent to Viaduct @aeroripper! But never forget the double siege spot on Hera either :D

Here are some more blasts from the past
    • The loss of bast and mineshaft source files. Bast was rebuilt from scratch by the amazing efforts of @Mendasp. TBH that lad did some amazing stuff on NS and NS2 regardless and didn't quite get the recognition he deserved! Also he still has PTSD from all the wonderful Bast feedback and requests or so I've heard :tongue:
      • ^ The revolving door!

Thanks man. It's much appreciated. Bast taught me a lot. The PTSD now stems from more recent events ;)

Still using that rebuild Mineshaft and Bast. Good bsps, would decompile poorly again. Also, Sava, good map.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I remember the days when the gorge was the repository of most of the team's resources and had to be protected at all costs. A marine discovering your gorge was truly a moment of pure terror.
  • StardogStardog Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32448Members
    • Lerks carrying gorges
    • Underwater tunnel perfect to fit 20 defense chambers so the game would never end
    • Elevators and useable doors
    • No alien commander or gorge tunnels
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    ahhh.. usable doors.

you've surely meant onos traps!

i loved it anyway, even if i got trapped in the door and a marine closed it on my bulbous arse.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    .trixX. wrote: »
    ahhh.. usable doors.

you've surely meant onos traps!

i loved it anyway, even if i got trapped in the door and a marine closed it on my bulbous arse.

And if doors didn't work, we could actually BLOCK an alien by standing in the doorway, what with proper collision in Goldsrc :D
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is totally unrelated but I just now noticed that your avatar BLINKS! wtf
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    I remember when these forums used to have the names of everyone browsing each category and thread at anyone time, it was really helpful for TWG's on the forums. They also listed who had their birthday on any given day...

Oh, and it was outrageous that the tutorial never got put into NS. MeatPopsicle's work on that was first class, as was his attitude.
  • FuhrerDarqueSydeFuhrerDarqueSyde Join Date: 2004-10-04 Member: 32076Members, Constellation
    Cat bus room on one of the NS1 maps. Forget which one.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

Ayumi
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

ns_nancy?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    Mouse wrote: »

ns_nancy?

Nope, nancy has the raveroom
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Miss the old days when there was no gorge tunnel and aliens needed teamplay and tactics to hold ground.

Today People Think gorges purpose is doing tunnels on every point of the map to be usefull......
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited November 2017
    Devour. I miss devour.

Has anyone mentioned devoured yet? :trollface:
    AND IT WAS AN ANIMATED ONOS INNER TRACT!
    hqdefault.jpg
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2017
    Devour. I miss devour.

hqdefault.jpg

and it pulsated
    Mouse wrote: »
    Devour. I miss devour.

hqdefault.jpg

and it pulsated

The nerd rage and tears!