Nominate NS2 for the "labor of love" steam award.

moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/
The “Labor of Love” Award

This game has been out for a while. The team is well past the first unveiling of their creative baby, but being the good parents they are, these devs continue to nurture and support their creation. This game, to this day, is still getting new content after all these years.

Seems appropriate!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/Natural_Selection_2/

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Last year, the "Test of Time" award was given to Skyim, FFS. And the other category winners didn't fare much better.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    "Hey, I should make a thread abo- Ah. Well."

Already done!
    Last year, the "Test of Time" award was given to Skyim, FFS. And the other category winners didn't fare much better.

Skyrim is one of the most overhyped games of all time, yeah...
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I kind of want to, but I'm not a big fan of many of the non-optimization changes that have happened since UWE came back.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    coolitic wrote: »
    I kind of want to, but I'm not a big fan of many of the non-optimization changes that have happened since UWE came back.

If you were running for "labor of love", we'd vote for you.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Don't be a spoilsport, together we can vote for NS2, bam that's two votes right there
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's a popularity contest so while I think NS2 and many other games would fit into those categories, it's just going to be the most popular mainstream games getting all the rewards.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2017
    Hi Charlie :) I'd just like to interject for a moment that the original developers Unknown Worlds<-- and all those involved had almost abandoned NS2 to make a multi-million dollar game subnautica, don't forget they left the game riddled with bugs and broken features, i would only nominate NS2 because it's a lifestyle not a game and that i could look past all of this, but in the sense of it being good parents, well that's somewhat true because they did lend a helping hand to a certain few but by no means did they directly implement these features, that was mostly community team members.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    You can't win a popularity contest based on public votes, the only way to get close to a fair evaluation for these kind of categories is to have independent/non-sponsored game reviewers try and give their unbiased opinion of which games are the best.

The average gamer has no idea about the gems out there hidden in the lands lacking the marketing cannons of the big hype games

Don't be a spoilsport, together we can vote for NS2, bam that's two votes right there

You optimistic bastard you, I love it!
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    We can at least aim for runner up. ;-)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    There's even a write-in, so we can expect to see:

"Best FPS" GTA V

"Best graphics" 7 Days to Die

"Best story" Overwatch

"Best single-player campaign" DOTA 2

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited November 2017

"Best FPS" GTA V PUBG

"Best graphics" 7 Days to Die PUBG

"Best story" Overwatch PUBG

"Best single-player campaign" DOTA 2 PUBG

PUBG
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Vetinari wrote: »

"Best FPS" GTA V PUBG

PUBG

*smacks @Vetinari around with a large pan*
    edited November 2017
    .trixX. wrote: »

"Best FPS" GTA V PUBG

PUBG

Butt pans are the most amazing weapon in history of gaming, even the BFG9000 has nothing on it..

In terms of most memorable weapons, I mean check it out
    • DooM 2 has the BFG9000 and Super Shotgun
    • Quake has the Rocket Launcher
    • Half-Life has the crowbar with 2 having the gravity gun
    • Duke has his mighty foot and I guess, the triple barrel Chaingun Cannon
    • Aliens vs Predator (2) has the M41A Pulse Rifle
    • Unreal has the Redeemer (Kinda the rocket launcher from Rise of the Triad)
    • Redline Gang warfare2066 had that one weapon with all other weapons integrated, which was just a cool idea
    • Natural Selection has the HMG and the Skulk Bite "mouthcam"
    • And now we have PUBG, with it's... Butt pan...
      • Oh how gaming has evolved :trollface:
    Kouji_San wrote: »

"Best FPS" GTA V PUBG

PUBG

Butt pans are the most amazing weapon in history of gaming, even the BFG9000 has nothing on it..
    23b.jpg

Now I wanna see Doomguy shoot his BFG9000 at a butt pan PUBG scrub :D
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members

"Best FPS" GTA V PUBG

PUBG

23b.jpg

Now I wanna see Doomguy shoot his BFG9000 at a butt pan PUBG scrub :D

I daresay, BRINGITON!
    0u4x5v3xga4l.jpg