can u add splitscreen instead of multiplayer

ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
I know the developers said there won't be any multiplayer, then can u at least add split screen because it doesn't make any sense to add 2 seats in you escape pod if your not adding multiplayer. If your going to have 2 seats can you make it splitscreen like if you agree

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    i cant believe that people like you actually exist
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    edited November 2017
    Wow, I didn't think it was possible to top the levels of "Are you for real?" from the people who insisted that co-op isn't the same thing as Multiplayer, but...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017
    Well technically there are two forms of coop, one where it is indeed splitscreen on one machine. All I have to say about that is, good luck with that on Xbone and low end PC's, when the game already runs into trouble with just one instance of the game on current end boss rigs. And of course the, over the net coop, which is indeed not dissimilar to multiplayer in the traditional sense. Just a sort of multiplayer mode, limited by the amount of players and game mode settings...

Both are... Multiple players, playing multiplayer :D

Both are... Not gonna happen...
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members

that is an incredibly rude thing to say regardless of his or her ideas.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2017

that is an incredibly rude thing to say regardless of his or her ideas.

I can't believe people like you actually exist!
    In case you missedunderstood, that was the positive version of this sentence :D
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @Foxy or @AceDude this thread could probably use an intervention, and a short explanation of how splitscreen is still, from the game's perspective, basically multiplayer...
  • tommy21toestommy21toes Subnautica Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230666Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @Foxy or @AceDude this thread could probably use an intervention, and a short explanation of how splitscreen is still, from the game's perspective, basically multiplayer...

It's the same thing as online co-op other than instead of netcode they would have to write the split screen code and optimize it that way. The stance was no multiplayer, has less to do with writing the netcode part. The game wasn't built for it. It's not "basically" multiplayer. Multiple players is by definition multiplayer. You would need to handle every action and interaction of multiple players against objects and the environment.

They would have to handle multiple player interactions, collisions, combat, positioning, with even further overhead locally because the game needs to handle multiple cells at the same time, on the same system, if players get too far apart. It's not designed to support it. It won't be designed to support it. Read the sticky if you want the developers official response.

In short, getting a second player's X,Y,Z coordinate doesn't even scratch the surface of the amount of work it would take to have a second player, no matter the method.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2017
    negan-problem.jpg

Multiplayer thread? I will shut that **** down. No exceptions!

Who else is hyped for TWD being back?
This discussion has been closed.