Remember last weapon used when ejecting from EXO

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
I've noticed something really annoying, every time you eject yourself from an EXO, game automatically resets your weapon back to primary weapon (rifle). I'd very much prefer if it remembered what weapon I had selected before entering EXO and when I eject, I want that weapon to be pre-selected. Which, while piloting an EXO is usually a welder. So I can instantly jump out, weld myself quickly and get back in. Now, I have to always manually switch from rifle to welder every time I eject from EXO and that's really annoying. I know you'll say it's just a second, but when in combat, every second counts. And I don't want to lose 45 resources because the function is designed badly.

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Why would you want your welder out instead of your rifle in combat.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Nothing wrong with having the option which weapon you'll have, when you eject from EXO, so I support this idea.
    But I also prefer rifle over welder anytime, because you either eject when you are about to die in a battle or when you have fallen back to weld your own EXO,
    and I think it's obvious in which of those 2 cases a weaponswitch is less problematic.

• RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why would you want your welder out instead of your rifle in combat.

Well, if game remembers it, it means its configurable for me and also for you. I prefer the welder, you prefer the rifle. You just select what you prefer when you enter the Exo and game remembers it when you eject. Instead of ALWAYS defaulting to rifle. Maybe someone else prefers neither and wants a pistol for whatever reason. If game remembers, that's not a problem. In fact it should remember whatever state, even if it's grenade or a mine.

The reason for this is because I often have to rely on welding myself and constantly switching weapons wasting precious milliseconds is important.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    If this happens before they fix pickup/drop with g when there's welders close to a shotgun, I'll be pretty upset
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    I once ejected myself out of an exo and I didn't have a rifle, pistol or welder... till hypie gave me a weapon after laughing me down.... :'(