What the F have you done with the game with last update?

RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
Like seriously? Till the update release, I was doing really good, having negative KD was something I basically never had and we actually won games quite regularly as aliens. Playing with aliens was really enjoyable. Post 319 update, aliens are basically unplayable, huge negative KD's, ambushing almost impossible, 2/3 of bites just do nothing, out of 10 games, we won like 2 as aliens, like WTF. I don't know what you have changed or what has changed, but something has to be connected to the update because weeks before the update, game was actually enjoyable. Now it's just a raging cringefest. Marines don't seem to be affected much or at all but aliens, damn. I literally don't want to play as aliens anymore and if this crap continues I'll be just quitting from any server where I get shuffled to alien side. And spare me the "git gut" bullcrap. I know I'm not the best player out there but I was doing fine. What's happening now just isn't normal or some random occurrence.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Have you changed servers at all?
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I play on same servers as before. And they ALL feel like garbage now according to description above.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you have shadowplay then please record these moments, I'm very interested in what you're seeing.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    In the few rounds I played I have seen no issues, just brainless players.

I am also very much interested to see video footage of any problems.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Scout255 wrote: »
    You may also be seeing the effects of the Halloween sale bringing in new players making games more cringe-worthy than usual, particularly for aliens if you get more than your fair share of new players. It'll generally come back to normal within a week of the sale ending.

Alternatively, you may have had bad luck and played against some very skillful marines that can certainly make aliens feel less fun. I've noticed a few older players seem to have come back to try out the latest patch.

Nothing major was changed relating to balance this patch that could've resulted in this much of a change for you, unless your constantly being killed by flamethrowers as they are the only major marine change in the patch. If anything the 4 biomass additions and map changes would be considered a pretty serious buff to aliens.

The people I played with in last days seem to be regulars I played with few weeks ago. So, I doubt that's the case. We got noobs around all the time and we won games with them if they are willing to listen even at least tiny bit.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Performance drop? Mouse lag? Network taking a shit?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a link to a thread on how to objectively test hitreg.

If it is performance related, here are some useful instructions.
    Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key) whenever you want to begin recording in game (don't do this until you at least spawn in a round)
    then you can p_endlog /or just wait for the round to end/ or map to change/ or just quit the game and it will end automatically.

Then navigate to your hidden folder
    c:/users/YOU/appdata/roaming/natural selection 2/
    And you will find your file, something *.plog
    Zip it/ compress it.
    Upload it to somewhere on the internet
    Make a thread in the tech support forums, and put a link to your .plog file there.
    Before you make your post read these instructions.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...-read-me-first

This will give UWE a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance like the 24 fps you said you get.
    Don't record for longer than 30 minutes, and don't record for shorter than 5.

Include your techsupport.zip file with this compressed plog.

Link to the UWE techsupport forums.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/cate...hnical-support
    March 29, 2017

In the end, it is probably the rookies from the sale. Game quality for veterans goes down for a bit everytime there is a sale.
    Performance drop? Mouse lag? Network taking a shit?

5820K @ 4.5GHz on all 6 cores, 32GB 2666MHz RAM and GTX 1080Ti @ 1950MHz. I don't think there's a performance issue running it at 1080p where it's basically locked at 144Hz... Mouse lag, I doubt it. Network taking shit, could be. I'm just not sure it's on my or server side but NS2's bizarre network behavior...
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I will say that most alien teams I've seen have been performing worse than usual. I think it might be the influx of new players, though. Haven't noticed any rookie tags, but I'm fairly certain that there's fresh blood that's in our games. Even a few brand-news could kill a lot of the teamwork.
    Pack it away boys, it's solved
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Pack it away boys, it's solved

Fair enuf, I'll make a note of this in the book of "git gud scrub!" :trollface: