Cyclops stuck

SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
Before I file a bug report on this, I thought I'd solicit some help from the community in identifying the source of an issue. I'm playing a hardcore game in the latest stable patch. I've built a cyclops, which I parked near my base on the south edge of the safe shallows, and began stockpiling things on it for an eventual move to the lost river. I have on board;
Fabricator
Mod Station
Battery Charger
Radio
Medkit Fabricator
Indoor growbed full of marblemelons
Aquarium full of reginalds
Single bed
Desk
Chair
Dozens of wall lockers full of resources
Posters on wall
Plant pots with decorative plants

So anyways, I got in tonight to actually commence my voyage to the Lost River.... and the cyclops can't move. I powered up the engine and can only move up and down, and even that is limited - I can't surface the sub. I suspect something I've put on board is somehow preventing it from moving. The question is what? Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Don't put anything in the small area between the bridge and loading bay.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    I've filled that area with Wall Lockers and other items. It's particular items that lead to these issues, like posters.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Removing the posters did indeed solve the problem. It's pretty annoying that they do that (although it's better than the old days, when having a poster in a locker on board caused the cyclops to tumble uncontrolably). So thanks for the help!
    Jacke wrote: »
    I've filled that area with Wall Lockers and other items. It's particular items that lead to these issues, like posters.

Yeah but I've had things become detached or jammed in that area too. Not just posters. That's why I don't put much in that small area. At most I put the med pack and battery chargers on the bulkhead wall. Right near the door edge. Nowhere near the inner wall.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

I've got twin fish tanks. Iv'e also had planters and chargers as well.

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I use that middle room all the time. I took down my posters, but I still have a bed, desk, chair, picture frame, wall shelves and 2 potted vase plants. No issues from any of those.
    edited October 2017
    It's random. I've put stuff in that area, it was fine. Reload jammed, reloaded again, not jammed. I got tired of hot potatoes. Just left only small things on the bulkhead walls.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Clearly the DEVs have drawn a line in the sand. This is a working sub and not a party sub. No posters allowed!!

:)
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    garath wrote: »
    Clearly the DEVs have drawn a line in the sand. This is a working sub and not a party sub. No posters allowed!!

:)

How dare they...I MUST have my keep calm poster in my sub
    Or else I won't be calm... >:)
    edited October 2017
    Looks like they're fixing the stuck issue in the Cyclops: "Disable colliders and rigidbodies of pickupables placed in the cyclops so they don't stop its movement. Disabled colliders now are assigned to the Useable layer to prevent them being invalidated as targets by Targeting due to becoming triggers."
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    Looks like they're fixing the stuck issue in the Cyclops: "Disable colliders and rigidbodies of pickupables placed in the cyclops so they don't stop its movement. Disabled colliders now are assigned to the Useable layer to prevent them being invalidated as targets by Targeting due to becoming triggers."

Nice! Looks like another Belgarel fix. AWESOME!

55582 /main/swb-fix-posters-cyclops 2017-10-26 11:46:24 Steven Brown Disable colliders and rigidbodies of pickupables placed in the cyclops so they don't stop its movement. Disabled colliders now are assigned to the Useable layer to prevent them being invalidated as targets by Targeting due to becoming triggers.