Sea Base suggestions

LordAnubisLordAnubis Oregon Join Date: 2016-01-24 Member: 211961Members
I love the sea base building. Base building has always been one of my favorite aspects of survival games. So here are a couple suggestions that will hopefully gain some support. I'm sure one or more of these have probably been suggested but here it goes:

1. Observatory module. I would like to see this able to attach vertically, not just horizontally. It would be cool to have an observatory at the top or bottom of a vertical connector with a ladder so that you climb the ladder straight into the module, instead of having to have a corridor at the end, then the observatory. Or place one on top of a corridor segment that is part of a really long corridor so that you can climb into it to see where you are.

2. More ways to connect base modules and more types of modules (I'm sure this is already on the drawing board). Connecting corridors to the 45 degree positions on the multipurpose room, and 45 degree corridors. 45 degree ramp corridors for seamless transition between elevations instead of the instant travel ladder. Double-wide corridors with two separate connection nodes at the ends. Think, a double-wide room with corridors at the end that lead in different directions? Yes please.

3. Control panel. Only one can be placed per base. Allows customization of that base (like the Cyclops: color, name, etc). Would be required for my next suggestion:

4. A new type of module, a teleport room. Would require a LOT of power to use. Would allow the player to teleport from one room to any other teleport room that is being powered. Using it would bring up a new UI panel that lists every base that has a teleport room. Bases can be named via a control panel (see suggestion #3) to make selection in the teleport list easy. Power requirements could increase as distance increases. This would be a very endgame type of base module that would require a lot of expensive to make/hard to obtain items.

5. Using a ladder should have a fade to black screen and a short delay per vertical connector segment traversed. That way, it simulates climb time and prevents players like me from creating near instant "laddervators" from the surface to the deep grand reef. Also ladders should have a variable titanium cost. 1 titanium base + 1 per vertical connector traversed.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Comments

• ExentenzedExentenzed Norway Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212122Members
    Really like #3 and #4.

And also the "ladders should have a variable titanium cost. 1 titanium base + 1 per vertical connector traversed."
  • TheF0CTORTheF0CTOR A Galaxy Far Far Away Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206945Members
    I'm still waiting for a docking mechanism to connect the Cyclops to seabases. It would make the Cyclops a lot easier to load and unload.
  • KiardaeKiardae Buffalo Join Date: 2016-01-30 Member: 212323Members
    I would agree with most of those points, I'm not overly sure about the teleporter as I think this might be a little advanced for what you should have available to you but it can be time consuming moving between bases.

I would like to see an airlock added rather than just a hatch, something which is a build on room that pumps out the water when you enter the base before opening a bulkhead door to the interior.

I don't know if its been discussed in other threads but I'd also like to see some exterior and emergency lighting so, when your base runs out of power, all the lights turn off except the emergency lights.

it would also be Interesting to have the option to build a hydroponics room, in my current sea base I have a number of Aquariums set up for food but of course you still have to go out and catch the fish, it would be nice if at some point your base could become fairly self sufficient, even if that means having to supply it with disinfected water and nutrients at times.
  • Pilipin0_pridePilipin0_pride Join Date: 2017-09-29 Member: 233295Members
    LordAnubis wrote: »
    3. Control panel. Only one can be placed per base. Allows customization of that base (like the Cyclops: color, name, etc).

Good idea! This could sync with another suggestion I've seen for a base integrity station that doesn't leave you relying on the messages that pop up whenever you add/remove something from your base.
    TheF0CTOR wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a docking mechanism to connect the Cyclops to seabases. It would make the Cyclops a lot easier to load and unload.

Amen. Can't say more.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kiardae wrote: »
    I would agree with most of those points, I'm not overly sure about the teleporter as I think this might be a little advanced for what you should have available to you but it can be time consuming moving between bases.

I would like to see an airlock added rather than just a hatch, something which is a build on room that pumps out the water when you enter the base before opening a bulkhead door to the interior.

I don't know if its been discussed in other threads but I'd also like to see some exterior and emergency lighting so, when your base runs out of power, all the lights turn off except the emergency lights.

it would also be Interesting to have the option to build a hydroponics room, in my current sea base I have a number of Aquariums set up for food but of course you still have to go out and catch the fish, it would be nice if at some point your base could become fairly self sufficient, even if that means having to supply it with disinfected water and nutrients at times.
    LordAnubis wrote: »
    3. Control panel. Only one can be placed per base. Allows customization of that base (like the Cyclops: color, name, etc).

Good idea! This could sync with another suggestion I've seen for a base integrity station that doesn't leave you relying on the messages that pop up whenever you add/remove something from your base.
    TheF0CTOR wrote: »

Amen. Can't say more.

One of these dates, is not like the other...

gallery2063317264.jpg
  • SoldinSoldin Join Date: 2017-10-14 Member: 233551Members
    Well, what about slapping a glass dome on multipurpouse rooms? That bland, boring ceiling has no real use otherwise, except putting stuff on top. We have windows and observatories, now where are my darn domes?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    a glass dome would be nice but cory said it would make the observatory useless.
  • MordracMordrac Join Date: 2017-02-17 Member: 228012Members
    I agree with the docking mechanism for the cycplos, however I imagine it to be complicated. I see it similar to docking in space: you'll need lateral movement in order to perform docking without much frustration. Either that or a long approach distance to allign yourself, which maybe can't be provided in your biome
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    a glass dome would be nice but cory said it would make the observatory useless.

Not necessarily.

The observatory is its own biome. It has its own music, it has glass on all four sides *and* on the top, and nothing in between. It's still distinctly different from having a room with a glass roof, especially if you didn't want windows in it as well. I'd personally 'vote' for it.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    Mordrac wrote: »
    I agree with the docking mechanism for the cycplos, however I imagine it to be complicated. I see it similar to docking in space: you'll need lateral movement in order to perform docking without much frustration. Either that or a long approach distance to allign yourself, which maybe can't be provided in your biome

In my Cyclops docking idea. I had a beam that shoots out on approach. Similar to the habitat builder. This would move the sub in lateral movement. For the MPR glass roof. It doesn't have to be the whole thing. It can be just the middle hatch area. Like what we do on the corridor parts.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Maybe a redesign of the moonpool so you can align the cyclops over the top of it and it connects so the front exit attaches to a ladder and the docking bay allows to transfer out either the prawn or the seamoth depending. Moving between the cyclops and the moonpool would just a a fade out/fade in then and the transfer wouldn't need any complicated animations either as it cold be initiated from within the cyclops via a control against the bulkhead door - just a few mechanical noises and swishing to suggest something is happening.
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    I would like the ability to place internal pots on the outside. I like using various sea plants to decorate my base, and would like to be able to do so without having to use the growbeds every time.

A couple membrane trees or sea crowns framing your door, a few rouge cradle or gabe's feathers scattered about for that fancy touch, selective placement or planting of creepvines for artistic lighting at bends and corners.... plus if you wanted to cultivate one single creepvine or bloodvine, or a handful of acid mushrooms, gel sacs, or deep shrooms for easy materials, you don't have to make a big garden.
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    I'd like to see a bio-dome for the base same size as multi-purpose room all glass roof and walls can hold up to 4 interior growbeds plants grow 30% quicker then normal and would produce more food for example the lantern fruit tree would produce 18 fruit in a bio-dome and potatoes would produce 10 potatoes.