What/Where is your main base?

MPGr8DaneMPGr8Dane Wisconsin Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232156Members
I have moonpool bases all over the map. But my main base is actually my Cyclops. I was able to make two cyclops's, one for strictly in the lava area, but the other is my main base. I have an interior growthbed with Chinese potato plants and bulbo trees. It has about 16 wall Lockers throughout for massive storage capabilities. It is my main mobile base.

What is your main base? Is it a structured base? If so, where is it located?

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Mine is right around the sparse reef near the grand reef, sea treader path, and smaller blood kelp forest.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hey I can answer this as well without knowing anything about the planet were on :D

Whenever I start playin' I will also use the sub as a mobile base, that was my plan from the start. And I guess some power stations across the world, to charge the sub whenever I need to (that is how it works right? :D )
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    edited October 2017
    My base is currently located between the 500m degasi and the wreck south of that, powered by thermals and a bioreactor. It may sound really weird, but I moved it around. Every now and again when I get a bit tired of the same surroundings I disassemble the whole base, transforming it into lockers on the cyclops and then filling up those lockers with the materials. I also stick my containment fish in one (sorry to be cruel to the cuddlefish). Then comes the issue of reassembling it all when I find a good spot.

I've been wary of building multiple bases incase it starts lagging the game. Since the update however it is a much smoother experience so maybe it's time to get building more and spare the arduous journey for the poor cuddlefish crammed in a locker with glass and titanium.
  • MPGr8DaneMPGr8Dane Wisconsin Join Date: 2017-07-31 Member: 232156Members
    I put in aquarium on the upper deck in my Cyclops. I have fish swimming around all the time. I'm not sure if I can, I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if the cuttlefish will fit in there?
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    MPGr8Dane wrote: »
    I put in aquarium on the upper deck in my Cyclops. I have fish swimming around all the time. I'm not sure if I can, I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if the cuttlefish will fit in there?

I can imagine it plastered to the glass like some suckered plush Garfield toy haha