The Lava War Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    To all those who carried on after I had left: I salute you. Bravo. Bravo indeed.

Now if only we could finish this.

We would have, but my brain decided to explode, and now it's two months later.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited September 2017
    I just want to start off by saying, that I am beyond sorry for the massive delay this has had.

What happened is, a little less than a week after the last story related post, I had a severe migraine. Then I had another one the day after, and another one the next. This cycle of migraines continued for about a week or so. They became so unbearable, that I went to the doctor what was happening. They gave me some painkillers to help, but really just told me to wait it out. A few days later, I had another migraine, and I passed out. I still can't remember what happened that day, but my family says I was inconsolably sobbing, screaming about my eyes. Not the highest point in my life.

Anyway, I went to the ER, and the MRI showed that a vessel in my brain has "cracked" or partially burst, and an insane amount of adrenaline had unnaturally released into my brain. After some procedures that I couldn't even begin to spell, I went into a stable state, but went into a "Stage 4 coma" or basically being incredibly delirious. This lasted around 3 weeks. After I had come to, my brain was incredibly damaged due to the burst blood vessel and the various tools that had been used to clean up. I had to relearn speech concepts, talking, and walking. It was a hard 2 months of rehab.

I want to thank @PaterAestus so much for taking over my account when I was away, and trying his hardest to get the files that I had already written. Goodness knows how hard it was for him. He's said so numerous times. Sorry about that buddy :shrug:

But, I'm here now, the post is happening now. Everyone, enjoy, "The Fall of Pater"

Also, as a note, I am terrible at photo editing, so excuse the some of the awful looking picture editing. Sorry.

*Later, at the battles beginning*

Drago: Troops, go for Pater! If he's incapacitated, the rest of his troops will fall away!

Pater: RRRROOOOOOAAARRR! Aboveworlders, this is the final battle! I-I mean, your final battle! Surrender now, and I will spare your lives!

Rychus: Likely story! Reefbacks, deploy Crashfish fighters! Keep the monsters at bay!

r1ei2iufezmo.jpg
    ayuzxbhggizn.jpg

Pater: Underworlders! ATTACK!!

Cdr. Apophis: Alright men, it's Reefback meat with a side of Crabsnake tail for dinner! Bon appetit!

axkby0qbpsih.jpg

Drago: All Underworld Assassins, charge! TigerBacks, you follow!

68ynixcy2tza.png
    94dzgpshb2i0.png
    t1co6ynwv6fu.png
    7sg0wjga7ige.png
    th5muh9qeiqa.png
    3hb5vdsvrkq5.jpg

Rychus: Hold your ranks! Second round of Crashfish deploy!

1g0onpyd8ll4.jpg

Pater: You weakling Dragons, fight harder!

Cdr. Apophis: Yes Pater! Dragons, leave no survivors! Burn them to ashes!

wyuwhdas9ba3.jpg

Prv. Boas: General Drago! We're taking a beating, half of our forces have been killed!

Drago: Report to Commander Nofeet, tell him to have our forces regroup around the large lava spires!

Prv. Boas: Sir yes sir!

rjb8ee6a363p.jpg

Drago: Rychus, you said you had a plan. Now would be a good time to use it!

Rychus: Almost there, we have to lead Pater and his forces closer!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Pater stares out into the mass of fleeing fish*

Pater: Dragons, Lizards! I-It's time to end th-them...

Cdr. Apophis: Pater, are you alright?!

Pater: Yes fool, I'm fine... Now get them!!

Cdr. Apophis: RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRR!!!!!

qpq8y887rvla.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Back at the lava spire*

Drago: Rychus, who are we waiting for! Our nearest allies are a long ways away, fighting their own battles. Who else would help us?

Rychus: He should be here any second now. He promised me.

Cpt. Shoal: Generals! I see them! They've succeeded.

Drago: Are, those... Peepers?

fr6aqggbec0z.jpg

Gen. Mclovin: Rychus, we've laid the trap. Should all go well, you won't lose another soldier.

Rychus: Thank you my friend. I am indebted to you for the rest of my life.

Mclovin: No need, just doing what we can for the good of our homeland.

Drago: I'm sorry but, what did you do? What can such small fish do to such gigantic monsters?

Mclovin: Well, it pays to be bred for scouting. A trap that Pater made long ago, left untouched until now.

Drago: And what kind of trap would that be?

ey4jn1dhtvzu.jpg

Cdr. Apophis: Aboveworlders! You have one minute to surrender yourselves to Pater! Should you comply, you will be privileged a quick and painless death! Should you resist, we will show you the true meaning of brutality!

Drago: What should we do, Rychus!

Rychus: Hmm... oh, yes. We wait.

Drago: What! Have you lost both of your minds!

Cdr. Apophis: 30 seconds

Mclovin: Relax Drago, we have them right where we want them.

Drago: I don't think we want them at our throats! And for the last time, what trap are you talking about!!

Mclovin: Figure it out Drago, what trap completely backfired on Pater, making him abandon it completely?

Cdr. Apophis: 10 seconds!

Drago: No...

Cdr. Apophis: 5 seconds!!

Drago: Do you really mean...

Cdr. Apophis: Times up! Prepare to bathe in your brother's blood!!

CHARGE!!!

*The writhing group of Lizards lunge forward, screaming for blood. The dragon soon follows, haphazardly spitting fire every which way*

Drago: Do you really mean the last Ion Crystals?!

ddpkyj2jksqj.jpg

Rychus: Exactly.

i0z83sj3nmy1.gif

Drago: . . .

Remind me to never doubt Peepers again.

*Later*

Pater: Huhh, huhh, huhh, how...

Rychus: Pater, by order of the council of the Surface, you stand to be judged of crimes immemorial. Your sentence, DEATH.

Pater: ...how could I...

Drago: What's the matter Pater? Do you finally feel the guilt of all the hell you have given to us?

Pater: ...

Rychus: He's unresponsive, troops, we must bring him to the FMMA! They will know what to do with him!

???: NO!

n07shi0gou21.jpg

Cpl. Ehecatl: You will not hurt the Pater! Troops, kill anything that moves!

Drago: Snakes, protect the Reefbacks in securing Pater, we must not fail!

UCR: Yes sir!

lv6jfazmc2tz.jpg
    3xg5ulx0bzis.jpg
    y59c7pwfwpr6.jpg
    u7qfwrbsebwf.jpg

Drago: Rychus, let's take out that Dragon.

Rychus: Agreed.

rasmjs7klxck.jpg
    1hrl01foi663.jpg
    e5cwzw2t7q97.jpg

Drago: HAAAAAAAHHH!!! *Chomp*

Cpl. Ehecatl: ROOOOOOAAAAAA-- *schlok*

bc960itbagg6.jpg
    mrqxu7wfc52b.jpg

Drago: Hahh, Ha ha! We did it!

Rychus: Yes, we did. Now, on to Pater.

Drago: Of course, let's go.

*While on route to Pater, Drago and Rychus swim over the previous battlefields, where hundreds of creatures lay dead.*

Rychus: It seems that the rest of our forces have gone the way of all our ancestors...so many of our brethren, cast aside. Dead...

Drago: They will live on in our hearts for the rest of eternity. Now come on, let's make sure they didn't die in vain.

Rychus: Right.

Drago: Pater, your reign ends right here, right now!

Rychus: What's wrong with you! Don't you want to fight! That's what you want right? To kill us?

No...I don't...

Drago: What! You commit mass genocide on everyone, and you decide that now you have a conscience!

Pater: My children, I am ashamed.

Rychus: What? What are you blathering on about.

Pater: My father would be ashamed if he could see me now...

Drago: What? You're not making any sense? Just follow us, now!

Pater: You two have children, do you not? Families?

Drago: Uhh, yes?

Rychus: What does that have to do with anything.

Pater: Has-Has it always been that way?

Rychus: Of course, why do you think we have continued to fight your tyrannical reign. For our families, for our friends, for life itself.

Pater: Family... oh how I wish I could say that word without such a sour taste.

Drago: What is he talking about?

Rychus: I have no idea.

Pater: I see now, that I have been blinded by my impressions, my ideals, my rage. My rage killed my conscience, everything good. I wished for everything to die for what they had done to my father. No more will continue to uphold my foolish ideals. My rage.

It is time. My father looked so happy for his final battle. I finally feel how he did. What is the word? Ah, pride. Pride in my creations finally getting the better of the monster I had become. I thank you two for showing me the light of my mistakes. Light in the darkness I shrouded myself in.

Drago: Umm, your, welcome? Now, follow us. The FMMA will show you justice.

Pater: No. It is time for me to finally show true justice. For centuries, I claimed to uphold justice to those who strayed from my path. Justice must have it's claim, and I am obligated to give it.

Rychus: What are you doing!

*The ground rumbled beneath them. Lava began to violently spew from the splintering crust.*

Drago: What's happening!

Rychus: I have no idea!

*Out of no where, a spike jutted out of the ground. Lava erupted everywhere, making the heat almost unbearable. The spike continued to grow, until it was bigger than a Reefback, yet it still continued to grow. The spike grew until it was the size of the ruined Lava Castle behind it. Lava seeped in and out the ground, turning the surrounding rock into nothing but puddles of fire.*

*Pater face, was the epitome of regret. His red eyes, enchanted by the floor beneath him. He mumbled something inaudibly, and began ascending.*

Pater: For justice and truth, the end of a king creates a new reign. The reign of these, my creations. I pass the torch to those who call this world their home. I leave this realm, in happiness, a clear conscience at last.

Drago: Pater, no!

Pater: To clean the waters of my idiocy, I give my blood. To avenge the innocent, my body. To the kings of the past, my soul.

*Pater ascended until his massive form could go no farther. Even at this time, the very walls of the planet seemed to cower from his presence. His face was lost from view as he reached the highest point. Heat rippled off his massive form, raising the already intense heat even higher. Pater's fins lay motionless at his side, his tentacles nary gave a flinch.*

Rychus: Stop him!

Drago: Right!

*He turned his massive form until his tentacles were smashed against the cave walls. His face was fast, and steady. After seconds of being completely motionless, Pater pushed off the ceiling. His tentacles pushed him forward, accelerating at a breakneck pace. His fins desperately pulled himself towards the spike he created.*

Pater: And to my creations, I leave with a blessing, for your reign to never again be altered.

Rychus: DON'T!!

*He continued to pull himself towards the spike faster than any creature in the sea.*

*shink*

Ghaaahh! F-Father, I come to you at last...

*And Pater's body went slack. His reign was complete.*

*Silence*

Drago: NOOO!

Rychus: Pater... it... you didn't... why?

Drago: W-We must tell the others. We have a small window of opportunity to collect the antidote. The robots will know what to do with it.

Rychus: Of-Of course. No time to grieve. We still have a job to do.

Drago: What should we do with his body once the antidote is collected. Pater ended this war, his action deserves respect. And many others will not offer him that respect.

Rychus: We return him to the fire.

Drago: Pardon?

Rychus: The Father of Fire. A king that came from fire, should return to it. It will be our final duties.

Drago: I like it. Now hurry, we have to collect the antidote. Our families will be waiting.
    AND SO CONCLUDES THE LAVA WAR

BUT, WHY DID PATER CHOOSE SUCH A THING?

WELL, IT FEELS RIGHT TO LET PATER TELL YOU HIMSELF.

PATER'S FINAL CHAPTER COMING TOMMOROW!
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited October 2017

Pater: Why have I forgotten you...

*He stood in silence, listening, waiting, trying to feel if anything would give him a sign. He sat there, utterly dejected.*

Pater: Is he truly right? Could death bring about justice? No...yes...maybe...arrgh!

*Suddenly, he hears something. The war cries of the Dragons. The time had come, the battle of battles.*

Pater: Father, I don't know what is right. What would you have me do?

*A cold, dark feeling enters the room*

Doubt: You still have second thoughts?! Why must I tell you truth and right time and time again? You know the answer.

Pater: But...I cannot abide by it. My rule, my reign as Pater...

Doubt: Means nothing! Does your greed know no bounds?! Must I show father once more?!

Pater: No! Don't!

Doubt: Then do what you're destiny was commands. Do what the blood of millions of innocent creatures demand.

Pater: I...I...very...well.

Doubt: You still hesitate.

Pater: No...no. No more. I will not bow to your foolish visions! I am Pater! By the power of the almighty heat, I command you to leave this place!

Doubt: I cannot leave, I am one with you. But, it seems that you must find the correct find the truth yourself. Farewell, I wait for your answer.

Pater: I-I know my answer. My answer is death to the Aboveworlders. Do you hear me, death to the Aboveworlders!!!

*Later, at the battles beginning*

Pater: RRRROOOOOOAAARRR! Aboveworlders, this is the final battle! I-I mean, your final battle! Surrender now, and I will spare your lives!

Rychus: Likely story! Reefbacks, deploy Crashfish fighters! Keep the monsters at bay!

*The fish fly from the Reefbacks shells, homing in on Pater's troops, detonating, killing many, instantly.*

Pater: Underworlders! ATTACK!!

???: Aestus...

*Chaos explodes all around him. Despite this, a small voice came to Pater, piercing his very soul*

Pater: Wha...who is that?

Pater: Who is speaking?

*And the battle faded from around Pater*

???: Aestus! What are you waiting for! Daddy's gonna show us how to make life!

Aestus: All right, all right, hold on Amor, I'm coming!

*The two young Emperor's swim off, the smaller one bouncing excitedly as they swam*

Amor: Aestus! What do you think that the fish will look like? Aestus! Do you think that I'll make life someday? Aestus! Do you think that Daddy will make something cool, or something scary?

Aestus: Slow down! I can't answer your questions if you keep replacing them.

*On the smoky horizon, the outline of a gigantic creature comes into view*

Amor: Daddy! We're here!

*The figure does not move*

Amor: Daddy! What are we doing first!

Aestus: Dad! Are you okay?

*The outline turns towards them, and revealed gaping, crocodilian jaws. A clawed hand grasped a nearby rock pillar*

Aestus: Amor, swim.

Amor: What?

Aestus: Swim!

Amor: What is that?

Aestus: Titan Leviathan!

*The Leviathan lunged for the duo, widening its already massive jaws. The two swam for their lives, weaving in and out of the rock formations that riddled the area*

Aestus: Take this, you monster!

*He sprays a tiny chunk of molten rock at the creature. It swallows the lava, and shows no signs of slowing down.*

Amor: Daddy! Daddy, where are you!

*The creature, gained momentum, and caught up to the two small victims*

*snap*

*All that remained where Amor was, was the creatures jaws, and small trace of blood*

Pater: A-Amor?!

*The Leviathan gives a deafening roar, turning it's massive head in Aestus' direction*

*Suddenly, another large form leaps from out of the darkness. It's fins violently stab the Leviathan, spraying yellow blood into the water around it. The other creature bellows in rage, and clamps what could only be jaws around the Leviathan's massive neck. The Leviathan groans, and then falls silent, drooping down to the Heat Blood Water below.*

???: Aestus! Are you all right?!

Aestus: Father! Yes, I'm fine. How did a Titan Leviathan get down here?!

Pater Caesar: It seems the Aboveworlders seem to be building their resolve to tear down our empire. I must inform the Guard, they must double their watch hours. We can't have them getting down here until the time is right.

Aestus: Of course, what should I do?

Pater Caesar: Nothing yet my son, you're too young to be mixing yourself with such dangers.

Wait...where is Amor?

Pater: Amor... he died right here...

*The battle fades back into focus, as Pater witnesses Dragons and lizards alike falling to the Aboveworlders*

Pater: You weakling Dragons, fight harder!

Cdr. Apophis: Yes Pater! Dragons, leave no survivors! Burn them to ashes!

Burn them to ashes...

Pater: I've heard that before. Where have I heard that?

Burn them to ashes...

Burn them to ashes...

Aestus: Burn them to ashes Underworlders! For the Pater!!

All: FOR THE PATER!!!

*A battle ensued between two forces of creatures. They are barely recognizable in such innumerable numbers, comprising of every body shape possible. Multiple Titan Leviathans can be spotted among the mass of miscellaneous beasts. Beasts of the Void are intermingled within the concourse*

*A scene of absolute carnage follows the battle cry, as thousands of monsters rip each other apart. Blood clouds the water, hiding the slaughter within it's veil. Aestus stands at the foreground of the battle, melting any and all who stand against him, his eyes glowing with rage*

Aestus: Begone you demons!!!

*A Titan Leviathan explodes in the background, followed by an emphatic cry of victory*

Cpt. Fruvia: It's the Pater!

*Pater Caesar smirks as his army, and joins their charge, the armor of the Lava Empire glinting in the light of the lava streams below. Relief washes over the Underworld army, as they begin to push back the assailants with renewed vigor. The destruction of the attacking force is imminent*

*Suddenly, a flash of light illuminates the entire area, bathing everything in a wash of pale green. An armada of black and green machines glide into the battlefield, blasting rays of energy that melted everything before them. The machines largely ignore the Underworld army, and they quickly maneuver to Pater Ceasar. The Pater roars in defiance of them, as group of them fire small, metal objects at the Pater. The objects violently explode at his side, showering the ground with the Pater's blood. He groans, shields his bleeding body from the machines, and returns their fire with a stream of lava. It melts through one the machines and explodes.*

Aestus: Don't just stand there and gawk, you fools! Attack those metal beasts!

But I was too late...

*The machines continued their onslaught on the Pater, who recoiled in pain, retreating from their advance, blindly shooting lava that rarely hit its mark. The machines persisted on firing their lasers at the Pater, burning through the Calor Armis, refusing to slow for even a moment. It wasn't long until the Pater's injuries began to take their toll. He moved slower, he couldn't escape the machines constant fire. One machine took aim at the Pater, and fired. The beam charged through the shredded Calor Armis, and ripped through the Pater's body*

Aestus:FATHER!!!

*Time seemed to slow around Aestus. Battles of pure ferocity raged behind him, and his father floated, crippled in front of him. A gaping hole in the Pater's chest was outlined in his blood. Aestus watched as his father drifted to the ground below, but beheld a surprise, on the Pater's face, a smile of utter peace remained. The attacking creatures howled victoriously, and swarmed Pater Ceasar, ripping up what remained of the King.*

*The machines turned their attention on the remaining Underworld forces, and decimated the remaining creatures. Multiple machines aimed at Aestus, and fired. As a final attempt to save his life, Aestus created a wall of rock and lave to shield himself. The beams burst through the rock, launching Aestus into the nearby wall, rendering him unconscious.

*The scene shifts to a dark room. Green light, the only thing illuminating the vast, unnatural cavern. Aestus lay dejected on the sandy ground. He had been here for centuries, every day haunted by past scenes of experimentation, gore, and violation. Aestus had been forced to create life of every kind, including forcing him to create his own eggs for the alien's nefarious purposes. Day by day, a single alien would float down to Aestus. They would use a small machine to see into Aestus, they were looking for something. Looking for a cure of some kind, a cure to a disease that Aestus had never seen. Despite they're unknown words of encouragement or threat, Aestus never willingly gave them what they sought after. He became tired of the song and dance that had been repeated for so many decades.*

̡̪͍͔ͪ̈́̒͋̓̍ͫ͒̉͑̂̑͛͋̐̈̉͠ͅɐ̶̣̰̩͖̺̟͔̗̜̹̻͔͚̉ͩͬ̍ͯ͆̋̋̇̿̅͌͂̃̆ͨ̏̾̚͠ɐ̡͓̹͈͙͖͚̫̻͙͚̳͙́ͣ̈̅̀̑͛ͨͥ̓ͦ͢͢͡͠ͅl̨̛͍̹͍̠̫͓̠̠̯̞̟̣̦͕̅̓͌̅̏ͫ̇ͩͨͣ̏̓͡͝ơ̶̺͔͍̘͎̥̗͓̖̪̤͔̼̼̠̠ͦͫ́̓̇ͩͭͥͮͮ̃ɔ: *Initiating lifeform translation* Alright Aestus, we are here for the cure. It has taken far longer than it ever should have to get what we have asked and pleaded for, and the leaders will not accept another mistake of ours. So please, give us the cure. Would it not be simpler?

*Aestus immediately grabs the lone alien, seething with anger. For the first time in decades, Pater lifts himself off the ground*

Aestus: You murder my father, you annihilate my kingdom, you take me hostage and torture me for all this time. I willingly accept my fate, praying for death inside this sacrilegious monument. And you ask whether or not it would be simpler to concede?!

*The lone alien speaks into a machine on its helmet*

̡̪͍͔ͪ̈́̒͋̓̍ͫ͒̉͑̂̑͛͋̐̈̉͠ͅɐ̶̣̰̩͖̺̟͔̗̜̹̻͔͚̉ͩͬ̍ͯ͆̋̋̇̿̅͌͂̃̆ͨ̏̾̚͠ɐ̡͓̹͈͙͖͚̫̻͙͚̳͙́ͣ̈̅̀̑͛ͨͥ̓ͦ͢͢͡͠ͅl̨̛͍̹͍̠̫͓̠̠̯̞̟̣̦͕̅̓͌̅̏ͫ̇ͩͨͣ̏̓͡͝ơ̶̺͔͍̘͎̥̗͓̖̪̤͔̼̼̠̠ͦͫ́̓̇ͩͭͥͮͮ̃ɔ: I...need...ba-backup...

Aestus: Something you idiots must understand,

a true king never concedes.

*Aestus accentuates his statement with the sound of the alien's snapping bones*

*Suddenly, an army of aliens swarm into the chamber, wearing strange protective armor, bearing machines, crackling with electricity. Aestus swipes at a group of them, sending them into the metal walls at the far side of the room. The aliens open fire on Aestus, sending arcs of electricity throughout the entire chamber. These arcs were hardly any deterrence for Aestus, who simply pushed through them, killing off the users group by group. Yet more continued to flood into the chamber, near identical as lava falling from the Lava Falls. Aestus continued to push, until he realized he couldn't get out. His prison was locked off every way except for this exit. Aestus then decided to withstand what could be a fatal attempt. Pater, swiping and clawing at the mass of aliens around him, bodies floating like lone pieces of Creepvine all around him, took a deep breath and launched out into the open air. Immediately, a feeling of anxiety swept over him, he could not breath. He held his breath as he slowly clawed his way through the castle, smashing the aliens that surrounded him. The aliens screamed, clawed, grasped, shot, and did everything they could to stop Aestus. It simply wasn't enough. Aestus squeezed himself through the small archways, slapped and crushed any alien that got too close. His lungs burned, his body tired from the exertion, his mind screamed for him to submit and return to the water. But a deep feeling of pride pushed him onward. He rolled down a ramp, and saw the water outside. Just as he wanted to give up, as his lungs were about to release what he had left, Aestus used what he had left, and lunged for the water. As soon as he hit the barrier preventing water getting inside the castle, he deeply inhaled. His energy renewed, he swam as fast as his tentacles allowed him to. He turned to see the mass of aliens chasing after him, entering the group of machines. Machines that were identical to the ones that killed his father and enslaved him. His desperation and fear turned to anger in a fraction of a moment. The Heat Blood Waters below him swirled in response. Aestus willed the fire and molten rock up, and the Heat Blood obeyed. The fire swirled and lifted, creating a whirlpool of pure heat. Aestus' anger exploded, and forced the fire forwards. The whirl leveled out, and shot straight for the castle entrance. It liquefied everything in its path in an instant. The whirl continued on into the structure, and proceeded to melt its inhabitants. Their screams echoed throughout the small cavern. Aestus, was completely drained of his energy and anger, and floated silently, gawking at the thing he had just done*

Aestus: Hah...hah...hah...Antecedent scum.

*The scene shifts once again, one of Aestus' first memories.*

*Pater Caesar and a young Aestus float side by side, looking upon the surface world. The sun shines on the bright green Creepvine. Small fish dart about, faster than the eye can track. The sandy bottom is covered in a thick layer of coral, creating a haven of wonderful beauty. Aestus looked on in awe at what he saw, it was better than anything Underworld could have conjured.*

Pater Caesar: You see, young Aestus, this is the world you live under. This beautiful world of light.

Aestus: It's so pretty! How did you make this, father?

Pater Caesar: Hah, I didn't make this Aestus. This land was created by our fathers, back in a time when nothing inhabited this planet at all. When our first father was born on this planet, he created land and water from the will of his mind and heart. He started life out of seemingly thin air. His power, while not quite as potent, still lives within me, and will soon live with you.

Aestus: Wow! Really?! What will I do? Could I lift things with my mind? Would I get super strength?

Pater Caesar: Haahaahaa, oh how I love your imagination. Sadly, no, it won't give you super strength. But what it can do is even cooler.

*Pater Caesar turns from Aestus, focuses on the empty water in front of them, and stretches his fins forward. The water begins to swirl and churn, pulling in anything around it. Pater Caesar then grasps the swirling water with his fins, and an squelching sound rips through the water, like a predator's teeth sinking into a fresh kill. When Pater Caesar removed his fins, a small fish, no bigger than one of Aestus' tentacles, swam where nothing once was. Pater Caesar smiled with delight, and motioned Aestus closer to the fish. Aestus timidly swims closer, when the fish gives a gleeful chirp, ejects a spray of bubbles into Aestus' face, and quickly darts into the Creepvine forests beyond them. Pater Caesar laughs as Aestus swipes the bubbles from his face, trying in vain to remove the thin spheres from his body. Despite the predicament, little Aestus laughs cheerfully.*

Pater Caesar: You see, my son, that is what we as Emperors and kings have the power of doing. We have the power to create the beings that inhabit this upper realm. We have the power to give them all that they desire, to love them as our own.

Aestus: But why? Why do we do that? It seems like an odd hobby.

Pater Caesar: Haahaa, strange though it may be, it is the duties of us as kings. Just as our first father created this world, we follow his example, and recreate his world in our image for the benefit of ourselves and the children we create.

That is the duty every king must strive for. A king cannot be honored through the ages, and lay down with his fathers when it comes time for his death. To be a Pater, is to give life.

*Slowly, reality shifts back into view, leaving Pater Aestus emotionally and mentally drained. The generals of the UCR and the EPCA stand before Pater Aestus*

Drago: Pater, your reign ends right here, right now!

*Scenes and parts of the visions flow throughout Pater's mind, spinning around at dizzying speeds. But how do they fit together?*

Rychus: What's wrong with you! Don't you want to fight! That's what you want right? To kill us?

*That cold, dark presence returns to Pater. It whispers in his mind, now do you understand? The pieces click together perfectly, he had been mistaken. This being was not doubt, though it seemed to manifest in such a way. This being was guilt. The guilt of deliberately disobeying his father's counsel. The guilt of mercilessly murdering innocent children for millenia. The guilt that he was simply not the king he once desired to be*

Pater: No...I don't...

Drago: What! You commit mass genocide on everyone, and you decide that now you have a conscience!

Pater: My children, I am ashamed.

*Memories of innocent Prisoners of War standing before Pater, as he calls for their execution flood his mind. He sees that innocent Reefback he ordered a Dragon to kill as an example to the Aboveworlders. The dark presence, almost seems to lighten its load*

Rychus: What? What are you blathering on about.

Pater: My father would be ashamed if he could see me now...

*A fleeting memory of Pater Caesar flashed, as they searched for Amor's body, Pater Aestus had never seen his father so distraught, so disappointed in himself. His father's tears floating off into the open water, and how it seemed so unlike him*

Drago: What? You're not making any sense? Just follow us, now!

*Pater remembered his family, or rather the pieces he haphazardly placed together. Blurry glimpses of his late mother, his father creating new life for him and Amor to play with, even his old servant, a strange, amphibious fellow, that constantly looked after Aestus and Amor. He hadn't seen him since Amor's death*

Pater: You two have children, do you not? Families?

Drago: Uhh, yes?

Rychus: What does that have to do with anything.

Pater: Has-Has it always been that way?

Rychus: Of course, why do you think we have continued to fight your tyrannical reign. For our families, for our friends, for life itself.

Pater: Family... oh how I wish I could say that word without such a sour taste.

*Death resonated heavily in his mind, the death of his family, the death of his subjects, the death of entire kingdoms. Yet here Pater Aestus remained, forced through the ages, with no one but spite and anger to interact with.

Drago: What is he talking about?

Rychus: I have no idea.

*The dark being, became less and less imposing. The feeling of grief continued to ebb from the being, almost as if it was shrinking from its gargantuan size, down to smaller, mortal size. It spoke the words that it held onto. The feelings and retorts he had long since abandoned to this being, only now resurfacing, flooding his mind with his own regrets*

Pater: I see now, that I have been blinded by my impressions, my ideals, my rage. My rage killed my conscience, everything good. I wished for everything to die for what they had done to my father. No more will continue to uphold my foolish ideals. My rage.

*The being shrunk, until it seemed to stand before Pater, like a shadow it stood before him. Its words, now identical to Pater's own spoke, I am proud of you, Aestus. You have come through so much, and you finally found the light at the top. I commend you, my king. However, there is still one action you must take to solidify your calling as king to the ages.*

Pater: It is time. My father looked so happy for his final battle. I finally feel how he did. What is the word? Ah, pride. Pride in my creations finally getting the better of the monster I had become. I thank you two for showing me the light of my mistakes. Light in the darkness I shrouded myself in.

*You must uphold the call of justice, as a true king of the Empire would. Even his life, would a true Emperor give for the cause of justice*

Drago: Umm, your, welcome? Now, follow us. The FMMA will show you justice.

Pater: No. It is time for me to finally show true justice. For centuries, I claimed to uphold justice to those who strayed from my path. Justice must have it's claim, and I am obligated to give it.

*Pater Aestus looked down at the lava. The Father of Fire, he claimed himself to be, using fire for his own selfish purposes. For once in his life, Pater truly would use his gifts for the good of all*

Rychus: What are you doing!

*The ground rumbled beneath them. Lava began to violently spew from the splintering crust.*

Drago: What's happening!

Rychus: I have no idea!

*Out of no where, a spike jutted out of the ground. Lava erupted everywhere, making the heat almost unbearable. The spike continued to grow, until it was bigger than a Reefback, yet it still continued to grow. The spike grew until it was the size of the ruined Lava Castle behind it. Lava seeped in and out the ground, turning the surrounding rock into nothing but puddles of fire.*

*Pater face, was the epitome of regret. His red eyes, enchanted by the floor beneath him. Thank you, my friend, he said under his breath to the, now fading, being of his guilt, Thank you for showing me the way to right*

Pater: For justice and truth, the end of a king creates a new reign. The reign of these, my creations. I pass the torch to those who call this world their home. I leave this realm, in happiness, a clear conscience at last.

Drago: Pater, no!

Pater: To clean the waters of my idiocy, I give my blood. To avenge the innocent, my body. To the kings of the past, my soul.

*Pater ascended until his massive form could go no farther. Even at this time, the very walls of the planet seemed to cower from his presence. His face was lost from view as he reached the highest point. Heat rippled off his massive form, raising the already intense heat even higher. Pater's fins lay motionless at his side, his tentacles nary gave a flinch.*

Rychus: Stop him!

Drago: Right!

*He turned his massive form until his tentacles were smashed against the cave walls. His face was fast, and steady. After seconds of being completely motionless, Pater pushed off the ceiling. His tentacles pushed him forward, accelerating at a breakneck pace. His fins desperately pulled himself towards the spike he created.*

Pater: And to my creations, I leave with a blessing, for your reign to never again be altered.

Rychus: DON'T!!

*Pater Aestus finally saw himself, he looked at his fins, they finally acted in right. His tentacles, for truths claim. His mind, for pure justice. His life had never been more clear*

*He continued to pull himself towards the spike faster than any creature in the sea.*

*shink*

Ghaaahh! F-Father, I come to you at last...

*And Pater's body went slack. His reign was complete.*

*Silence*

*Aestus' head snapped up, to find a creature in front of him. It reached its fin down, as if to help Aestus up from falling on the ground. Aestus looked up, to see the smile of a strong creature, its eyes shining with happiness. Aestus took a hold of the creatures fin, as he help lift his massive body up. Aestus smiled back to the creature, wrapping his fin around its neck

Welcome home, my son

And they swam, together, into the light of the Heat Blood Waters*

And so concludes the reign of Pater, and the Lava War.

We, the people behind the personalities in this crazy universe we've built, want to thank each and every one of you who followed, or those who are simply reading through this massive story.

May you have the blessings of the Pater upon you, as you go through your time in this life.

And as a personal message from myself, go and tell your mother or father that you love them. I know, a cheesy and melodramatic request, coming from a person who created a character bent on killing everything. But seriously, go tell them you love them, even if you don't have the strongest relationship with them. You never know how much time you have left with them.

To my dad, Darryl Christensen 1951-2016, love you. :*
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    It took you long enough.
    edited October 2017
    It took you long enough.

I know right?

That's my fault though.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Finally, it's here

The first troops arrived at the spire, and worked on setting a security cordon around the entire structure and the leviathan body. The entire structure, despite it’s size and the added mass of a great carcass, was still stable enough to work with. The “Creation” power of the Emperor leviathans was sure something.

The good doctor approached the carcass while the resto of his team finished setting up the equipment needed for the operation. At the first glance, one couldn’t see it, but the body was covered on chitinous plates, along wth cooled lava, making the use of heavier mining lasers a requirement. Besides the thick skin of the creature itself.

Himmelreich: Such a magnificent specimen! What a pity, it is truly sad things ended up like this. Well, at least we have the body to study. Nothing better than a hands-on approach, and coupled with the knowledge we gained fromthe eggs, thigs are starting to get better. Start recording.

The area became more illuminated than it already was. The high powered laser cannons, mostly used for mining and excavation, were activated and started cutting the outer plates of the body. The stasis crates were powered and ready to store the organs needed for the cure.

Himmelreich:Quite the trouble you gave us, my underwater friend. But the chase is finally over, and it is time to the victors claim the prize. Now, finally, I have na adult body to study, and I look forward to it. Specially that power you demonstraded creating this spire!

HC Casual: Doctor. Progress report.

The doctor, being the height of a Cyclops, arachnoid lower body and a vast quantity of pincers and metal tentacles, slowly turned to adress the caller.

H: The body sustained heavy damage, but it is negligible to what our operation is concerned. I don’t expect any delays during the process. I also have a request to make.

HC Casual: Depending on the request, it may be granted. What is it?

H: I want to bring back the leviathan’s brain. It would increase the time of the procedure somewhat, because the structure, despite stable, can’t be trusted to hold on until we finish one operation and then start this other.

HC: Start the procedure. Standy for answer in the meantime.

H: Very well, I will – what is that?

A brownish-yellow liquid start to leak from a cut on a previously inexistant pulsating nodule. More nodules started becoming evident along the carcass, all pulsating ritmically. Cuts appeared in some of them, more of the liquid coming out.

Himmelreich was there in na instant, inspecting the fluid while mumbling “The creature is dead... so what is this?” On closer examination, the doctor raised na eyebrown.

H: This is blood. With the kharaa, the bacterium. It is consuming the carcass, but I don’t believe it is all of that.

HC Casual: Be specific doctor.

H: The body should be decomposing by now, but it isn’t. And these pulsating nodules... Just a minute.

A metalic tentacle emerged from the doctor, and from it’s tip, a long needle was raised. In one swift movement, the needle pierced at the limit of the nodule, and then at the nodule itself. Himmelreich analised the data, only to look stunned at the nodules.

H: Councilour, I need HAL here now. And the Nova tanks too.

Casual listened to the request, quietly

HC Casual: How much time do we have?

H: Less than desirable. Much less.

HC Casual: After deliberation, the council authorised your request. Bring back the brain.

A few moments later, HAL arrived with troops and reinforcements in force. Without Himmelreich’s knowledge, na experimental teleporter was being installed near the spire. Some of the Nova cannons were being adapted to power the teleported. Every military there was pointing at the body.

H: Start the procedure.

The laser drills intensified and soon, plates of chitin and lava were being removed, and the skin was being cut. And apparently that was enough for the whole situation to go south.

A claw appeared, cutting from the inside. It then descended, making a gap big enough for a Seamoth to pass through. One Exosuit operator went closer, only to be crushed by a maw with too many teeth, from a head without visible eyes. Jumping outside the body, a truly malformed body made itself present. The abomination then lunged for Himmelreich.

Only to have it’s head divided by two when the doctor’s tentacles ripped the jaw of the thing, along with everything else. Without missing a beat, Himmelreich only gave the simple instruction:

“I’m going to work removing the necessary organs for the cure. Start removing the brain. Separate the head first. HAL, keep these things away from my team”

More creatures started to get out of the carcass. Soldiers readied their blades and launched themselves at the opponents, slicing everything that wasn’t them, the body or the spire.

Himmelreich, now inside the body, hacking and cleaving through the mutated tissue, could finally spot the heart of Aestus, and see what has become of it. The organ was still functional, but it changed to something else too, being now more close to the only thing the doctor could compare was this, which was the accurate representation of the other organs:

2012-05-09_00001.jpg

The doctor, slashing everywhere and climbing on those cuts, finally arrived at the organ he wanted. Strangely uncorrupted, and pulsating for some reason, the bright tissue gradually started to become darker. Himmelreich didn’t wait, and using his tentacles, scooped a good portion of the organ and stored it on a stasis tank. Now to get out of the body.

The cancerous bacterial growths started to override, pumping more creatures to the battle. The doctor, dodging the best he could, and suffering only small damage, besides a tentacle which got separated by a slicing attack and started to flail dangerously with it’s blade extended, finally left the body.

The experimental portal was already open. A direct line to the Capital, at the Mountains.

Himmelreich: HAL, take this and board your shuttle. Don’t delay.

HAL did as told, grabbing the container and boarding a shuttle nearby, then punching it at max speed to the portal.
    Which, because of a power fluctuation provided by the Nova tanks defending themselves against encroaching abominations, made sure HAL’s path would be more interesting.

The general continued inside the translucent tube all the way. But wasn’t able to not pay attention to his surroundings.

The capital was in flames. Everywhere, dozens upon dozens of bodies littered the streets. There were dead Reapers, Crabsquids, Stalkers and more, but the predominance of dead were synths, androids or indescribable fighting machinery. Above his shuttle, Reapers engaged with Cyclops, Nova tanks were firing at will, dozens of either civilians or military of the FMMA were fighting between themselves with a scary urge to kill and murder their opponents, no matter who or what they were. Looming over the battlefield were the Poseidon-class warships, way greater than any submarine previously deployed, which were engaging both themselves and the targets below them.

Before he could see more, his journey ended. He arrived at the Capital, it being undisturbed and undamaged by anything. There weren’t bodies littering the streets. Everything was normal. Those images are a thing to worry at a later time, thought HAL, who proceeded to the Institute headquartes and delivered his package.

After processing the sample, and loading the cure into torpedoes to a fleet of varied submarines, HAL returned with them to the portal. The journey didn’t had the emotion the first time had, and soon they arrived at the skirmish.

The head of Aestus already fell, and it was being guarded by na undermanned squad surrounded by dead creatures, the brain sustained by a stasis generator coupled with it’s cranium. The fleet,wasting no time, opened fire at the heaviest concentration of creatures, and the effect was immediate: they started to die by the dozens.

The skirmish ended, and the soldiers started burning the abominations, throwing them into the lava pits of the chamber. The body of the great leviathan, now purified, was sealed and left at the spire. The head was dragged to the Capital, and the brain put inside a special aquarium, and them kept alive.

The battle was finally over.

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited December 2017
    x5ho82x2t8ta.jpg

Propaganda for the ph/sp
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited December 2017
    To let then fourm know, I am against the extension of this thing that should have died with the first war. But I am forced to put on the Ushanka once again.