Silent running not reducing the noise to 0

adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
This appeared after the ghost update went live, basically you hit silent running and it reduces the noise but doesn't completely removes it
(Version:54870)
I waited a bit to see if it's fixed in the cuddlefish but it didn't got fixed

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I mean, silent running is designed to cut all superfluous noise, which isn't all noise, to make a submarine much harder to detect via sonar. IMO, it works pretty much how it should.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I mean, silent running is designed to cut all superfluous noise, which isn't all noise, to make a submarine much harder to detect via sonar. IMO, it works pretty much how it should.

Try driving it past a reaper or a ghost leviathan and you still get detected
    adel_50 wrote: »

I mean, how close are we talking? They do have eyes.

Try driving past the ghost leviathan in the bones field on ahead slow and he still gets you
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

Try driving past the ghost leviathan in the bones field on ahead slow and he still gets you

Ahead slow =/= Silent running.
    kingkuma wrote: »

Ok rephrase (try going past the ghost leviathan in the bones field on ahead slow while activating silent running and he still gets you) jeez guys somethings can be understood by itself
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

Ok rephrase (try going past the ghost leviathan in the bones field on ahead slow while activating silent running and he still gets you) jeez guys somethings can be understood by itself

I just turn on shields and gun it whenever I'm attacked. It usually works for me.
    edited October 2017

Well, the Bones Field isn't a very large area, and there's a possibility certain creatures aren't affected by silent running to keep things from being too easy.

Well, the Bones Field isn't a very large area, and there's a possibility certain creatures aren't affected by silent running to keep things from being too easy.

That's not the only example as also going in reaper territories is an example