[Bug] Marblemelon not cutable & certain condition not grabable [Oct-2017 54762]

dragonfreakdragonfreak netherlands Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195298Members
Subnautica Version - Oct-2017 54762

Description:
Like title said; Marblemelons are fully fine for grabbing in basic plant pot & indoor growbeds, only from certain angle from chic pot and not functional at all from composite pots & wall pots.
Next to that; they're not cutable at all.

Reproduction steps:
1. Create a large enough base.
2. Create all possible indoor pots
3. Spawn in some seeds & plant them all
4. Try to grab them (Or atleast show indicator you can grab it)
5. Try to cut it
6. Get depressed you can't farm them anymore for your bioreactor :( ( only 50% joke, it hurts :( )

Pictures or Video:
Got you some fancy smexy video with a lot of "uhums" because i haven't recorded in ages. Still gets the job done tho.
Link for youtube:

I hope this is well provided and hopefully solvable with a quick-fix; i already miss my marblemelons :( ( Or well, i can cheat them in.. But doesn't feel the same :( )

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    They're cuttable, but the hitbox for it is so small they may as well not be. I've given up on farming them for now.
  • dragonfreakdragonfreak netherlands Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195298Members
    Yeah i figured they would still be cutable, but since well.. You can't cut them with the hitboxes they got provided now xD Could've perhaps clarified that more in the matter of that atleast the hitboxes are too small!

And i'm probably giving up for now aswell :/ Will see what i'll use as temporary replacement (or get a better alternative in general) when i'll play again!
  • dragonfreakdragonfreak netherlands Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195298Members
    Bug has been aknowledged and put on trello! https://trello.com/c/vuAuyPpZ
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited October 2017
    Bug has been aknowledged and put on trello! https://trello.com/c/vuAuyPpZ
    Thanks for posting the Trello link! Always much appreciated!

They seem to be having a hitbox problem on other items... for example, constructing windows and reinforcements.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    This should be fixed in experimental as of 54811. Might be a few more cases like it that will be getting fixed soon.
    edited October 2017
    Grats, Belgarel! And thanks for the info!

54811 /main 2017-10-06 04:55:19 Steven Brown Fix marblemelons being difficult to target due to colliders on different layers having been optimized into the same one. Fix the optimizer merging colliders on different layers.

Edit: Man! I wish I understand half the words in that sentence. :)

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited October 2017
    garath wrote: »

54811 /main 2017-10-06 04:55:19 Steven Brown Fix marblemelons being difficult to target due to colliders on different layers having been optimized into the same one. Fix the optimizer merging colliders on different layers.

Basically means that when they optimized the hitbox of the objects. It had a issue where the hitbox's of plants and/or the grow bed would merge. So you weren't able to touch the food. They became one.
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    garath wrote: »

Basically means that when they optimized the hitbox of the objects. It had a issue where the hitbox's of plants and/or the grow bed would merge. So you weren't able to touch the food. They became one.

Thanks!
  • sCreamERsCreamER Russian Federation Join Date: 2017-10-22 Member: 233666Members
    edited October 2017