Carar particles

NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United States Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Members
edited September 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I haven't posted a thing in months, so here I am making a return!

So, since the carar is a glowing green infection, I was wondering if it's possible to add some tiny tiny green particles in the water to represent some rather developed infection clusters in the water, and the density of these particles could be less in some places, and more in others, such as in the disease research facility and around it, or around infected creatures, the particles could be pretty dense, or around the surface, the particles could be not-so-dense.

While I understand that the green infection may not happen until the bacterium infects a host, I figured that maybe potentially prolonged absense of hosts could render the bacteria in need of a colony to survive until a host does arrive.

Maybe I don't understand the Carar enough yet, but it's just a thought as usual.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    cararticles

also this doesn't really make any sense because bacteria don't like... physically manifest outside of a host. or collect together in a certain area
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Could be contaminated algae doing the glowy thing from the Carar infection, instead of the bio-luminescence they do here on our mud-ball we call home
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    Just like the player, the fish have Carar long before showing any obvious outward signs. Just because you avoided eating the fish with glowing green spots, doesn't mean you didn't get it from eating fish.
    Enjoy your sushi folks!
  • jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
    Just like the player, the fish have Carar long before showing any obvious outward signs. Just because you avoided eating the fish with glowing green spots, doesn't mean you didn't get it from eating fish.
    Enjoy your sushi folks!

Welp
    Time to learn to farm
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    edited October 2017
    Maybe instead of the carar itself gaining a physical form, it would be infected plankton, and would be hard to spot but you could see tiny green particles in the water