Aluminum oxide and sulfur nodes where are they?

adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
If you follow subnautica's trello board before silent running update was released then you would have noticed that when they changed the recources's graphics they had also added new nodes for two recources (aluminum oxide crystals and sulfur)
But throughout my game up until this update I haven't seen them at all so my question is

1-did they scrap them for some reason I'm unaware of? And if so what is it

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I’m finding both in the Grand Reef.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Aluminum Oxide is in the Grand Reef and Sea Treader's Tunnel while Sulphur is in the Lava Zone and by the Giant Cove Tree.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Aluminum Oxide is in the Grand Reef and Sea Treader's Tunnel while Sulphur is in the Lava Zone and by the Giant Cove Tree.

Sulphur is also located under the Brine all over the river. Mostly found deeper in the cave.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    On that note, finding Mercury's been an issue for me. The old model stood out quite a bit (For better and for worse), but the new one blends in so well with the environment. It doesn't help much that once you pick it up the icon is a crystal like the old model and all shiny and stuff, but the model itself is a dark lumpy object :/

I finally found a few pieces in one of the "trenches" in the Sparse Reef, but I wasn't finding it in the old places I used to find it in aaahah.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    The icon for mercury seems to be using kyanite art for some reason.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    I've been through the northern Grand Reef from the edge down to ~300-400m looking for Lithium, Aluminum Oxide, Uraninite, and other mats. There's Mercury down there. Being cinnabar (HgS), it shows up as red outcroppings now.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    I appreciate your answers guys but you have misunderstood what I mean or I wasn't clear enough

What i ment was there diposits (actually it's my bad sorry ) I remember that there was a picture of them on trello but I never saw them in game
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    edited September 2017
    adel_50 wrote: »
    I appreciate your answers guys but you have misunderstood what I mean or I wasn't clear enough

What i ment was there diposits (actually it's my bad sorry ) I remember that there was a picture of them on trello but I never saw them in game

So are you asking what they look like?

They are not inside rocks you break, they are just sitting on terrain like lithium....

Mercury is a dark purple rock that yields a light colored crystal. It looks like a mini-shale rock. Mercury looks nothing like either model used in real life....

Aluminum Oxide is like a red rock with white stripes I think. Uranite looks like green boogers. I haven't gone to the lost river yet but I assume sulfur is yellow. Not sure why we need a separate sulfur....why can't we just use sulfur from crashfish plants?

Wish we could just refine like three crash sulfur into one regular sulfur. It seems to only be needed for like the prawn jump jet upgrade....maybe something else, it's not needed for very much though. Not sure why a separate hard to get to node was necessary...?
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    JoE_Smash wrote: »

They are not inside rocks you break, they are just sitting on terrain like lithium....

Mercury is a dark purple rock that yields a light colored crystal. It looks like a mini-shale rock. Mercury looks nothing like either model used in real life....

Aluminum Oxide is like a red rock with white stripes I think. Uranite looks like green boogers. I haven't gone to the lost river yet but I assume sulfur is yellow. Not sure why we need a separate sulfur....why can't we just use sulfur from crashfish plants?

Wish we could just refine like three crash sulfur into one regular sulfur. It seems to only be needed for like the prawn jump jet upgrade....maybe something else, it's not needed for very much though. Not sure why a separate hard to get to node was necessary...?

You misunderstood my point if you follow subnautica's development trello page before silent running update then you might have noticed that there was image of aluminum oxide crystal and sulfur deposits (the ones that you break with the prawn suit) so I'm asking if anyone knows why they're not ingame that's all
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    JoE_Smash wrote: »

You misunderstood my point if you follow subnautica's development trello page before silent running update then you might have noticed that there was image of aluminum oxide crystal and sulfur deposits (the ones that you break with the prawn suit) so I'm asking if anyone knows why they're not ingame that's all

Those are called "large resource deposits." Using the subnautica terminology would ease the confusion.

So you want to know where the Aluminum Oxide Large Resource Deposits are?

My guess is not in the game yet....