v1.0 release should get pushed back, not polish features

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
Like I said in the title, I think v1.0 should get pushed back to allow for more polish time.

Earlier this week I was looking at trello and noticed that some cards for polish features had been pushed to the backlog recently and some had comments on them that said that they might end up pushing those features to post v1.0. These include things like animations for climbing ladders or terrain polish, as well as other animations and FX fixes (check the backlog on the development trello to see more examples). Personally, I don't like this at all.

While animations like this aren't necessary they still add a lot to the game and make it feel a lot more like a finished product in my opinion. Aside from those features there are also lots of other, even more important things I can't see getting implemented well under the late October deadline. Things like voice acting for Lifepod and Degasi downloads, Images for all of the life forms and tech in the PDA encyclopedia, and fixes for hitboxes that make them actually good. I'd hate to see some of those pushed back as well.

This is why I think they should push v1.0 release back to at least late November, giving them time to add all of those animations, sounds, and graphical updates that help make the game feel finished.

Comments

• adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Like I said in the title, I think v1.0 should get pushed back to allow for more polish time.

Earlier this week I was looking at trello and noticed that some cards for polish features had been pushed to the backlog recently and some had comments on them that said that they might end up pushing those features to post v1.0. These inlude animations for things like climbing Ladders or Stalker Teeth snapping off, as well as other animations and FX fixes (check the backlog on the development trello to see more examples). Personally, I don't like this at all.

While animations like this aren't necessary they still add a lot to the game and make it feel a lot more like a finished product in my opinion, and if you're going to release an unfinished product you might as well just keep it in early access. Aside from those features there are also lots of other things I can't see getting implemented well under the late October deadline. Things like voice acting for Lifepod and Degasi downloads, Images for all of the life forms and tech in the PDA encyclopedia, and fixes for hitboxes that make them actually good.

This is why I think they should push v1.0 release back to at least late November, giving them time to add all of those animations, sounds, and graphical updates that help make the game feel finished.

We all want subnautica to get out of early access as a beautiful survival game we have ever seen but the devs might not have enough recources to complete it so they release it in October and then from the revenue they get they add them in updates after 1.0 but that's what I think is happening otherwise I'm with you on this
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    It seems They are kinda-sorta set on the October release date.
    I would imagine that it's a revenu thing, what with having to actually PAY their employees and all.
    < chuckle >
    The games in pretty good shape considering where it was even just two months ago.

B)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    It seems They are kinda-sorta set on the October release date.
    I would imagine that it's a revenu thing, what with having to actually PAY their employees and all.
    < chuckle >
    The games in pretty good shape considering where it was even just two months ago.

B)

Yeah, it's in a fairly good shape overall, so anything leftover can be fixed after the launch and then they can look towards things like new content/mechanics/etc later on.

I haven't gotten to play the Cuddlefish Update just yet, but when I was streaming for my friend a few nights before that update the save I was playing was riddled with errors xD (Stable release, not experimental)
    wyagetvwyalu.jpg

This happened when I tried exiting back to the Main Menu after it sat there saying "Saving..." for four minutes. I uh, never did get out of that situation there and had to force-quit :sweat_smile:
    Oh and you can see my oxygen low there....? For some reason oxygen refused to replenish in my cyclops, seamoth, prawn, even powered bases. It only replenished when I went to the surface. Even reloading the game didn't fix it.

Not to mention numerous cases of cells failing to load, almost died just trying to enter the QEP since the floor didn't spawn in and I fell down and broke my legs on the ground below and oh my goodness the terrain popin! I wasn't able to see the Floater Island / mountain island until I was practically touching it (PC and Xbox) Was a lot of things going on xD

Some of those were probably addressed in the latest update, so I'll give a new game a shot and see how that goes. ^^
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I don't know exactly why they want to it out so early. I don't know if it has to do with money or just them wanting to get the game out the door, because they have said that they might be able to push it back if necessary.

All I'm saying is that if they have the option to push it back they should push it back.
  • VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    This is the first time I have every disagreed with you Morph_Guy. If we wait for the game to be perfect, it will never get released. They need the motivation and money that will come with releasing the game. Release is still be more than a month away, so we can't jump to the conclusion that it's an unfinished product. They will be working on voice recording, polishing, and bug fixing for at least 40 more days.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    edited September 2017
    I can't imagine them squashing all the bugs before the end of October to be honest. A lot of these bugs have been around since I started playing the game, so obviously aren't easy fixes.

I've been shot out of the ocean and 200m in the air by my cyclops bay doors, been stuck in the ladder animation more times than I can count, been stuck in the docking animation, had a wreck spawn on top of my seamoth trapping it permanently, clipped through the Aurora hull and been trapped until suffocation, half constructed things only to be unable to finish or deconstruct them, had a leviathan clip inside a wreck and pull me out through the wall, had upgrade modules randomly cease functioning (this bug seems to have been squashed lately), have the seamoth distance stuck at '8m' constantly, had a stalker drop 26 stalker teeth in a neat little mountain, silent running using energy even when engines are switched off, cyclops being damaged but impossible to repair (seems squashed), ghost leviathan swimming into and out of Lost River cave walls, phantom lava patches in lava zone, graphical glitches where i can see Aurora/my base/lifepod from any distance even through other terrain, have fish swimming around inside my base constantly.

These are only the bugs I have personally experienced, which implies the actual number of bugs is mind-boggling.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2017
    You have to keep in mind that they were adding content constantly during the last development cycles. Right now the game is in feature lockdown, meaning they can focus completely on fixing bugs and optimization.

Similar threads popped up for Natural Selection 2's 2012 Halloween release and at the time it was in a worse state comparatively. Just booted up Subnautica and from my perspective it runs buttery smooth when blasting at top speed throughout the surface world with the Seamoth. So if you're running this thing on anything around toaster performance (Xbone)... Those performance issues bit are kinda your own fault to some extent :trollface: Even if I'm running on the legendary 2500K@4.5Ghz, I do still have a 1Gb HD5870, which is fast, but lacking memory. Both are old stuff, good stuff, but old... Meh... Never mind, it still kicks way too much ass for it's age. You can't kill legendary machines it seems.

However, I do have a huge contrast for comparison, the last time I booted up the game was... January/February June... And I can tell you, this game runs MUCH better
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2017
    You second point is impossible, the most vocal people are the people who are annoyed and pissed. Percentage wise the amount of negative reviews tend to outnumber positive reviews 10-1 (probably even more skewed), because when people are please, they usually don't feel the need to go out of their way to post about how awesome their new game is.

I actually can't comment on the bug-state of the game, all I did was a stresstest run to see how it would cope by pushing the thing to the limit and it seems to hold up quite well, especially considering all the "performance issues" threads on here. I was quite surprised to see that contrast in performance since June-ish

Bug wise, well are there a lot left? More than they should logically be able to handle in 30-40 days, to be able to deliver an acceptable "release product"? Surely the epic fail that were the No Man's Sky or Duke Nukem Forever release, isn't going to be repeated here?
    Voxel wrote: »
    This is the first time I have every disagreed with you Morph_Guy. If we wait for the game to be perfect, it will never get released. They need the motivation and money that will come with releasing the game. Release is still be more than a month away, so we can't jump to the conclusion that it's an unfinished product. They will be working on voice recording, polishing, and bug fixing for at least 40 more days.

Like @scifiwriterguy said, I don't want the game to be "perfect". There are plenty of features I think are fine to be saved for post v1.0 updates, like fauna riding. It's the features that have been getting put on the trello backlog recently like ladder animations and vehicle exit animations that I don't like getting moved to post v1.0.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    That wasn't the first roadmap and release shift we've seen and a small shift towards the end of the year probably won't hurt too much. I agree that a release too early might ruin the reputation that was built and that it would take a long time to recover from that.

Yet, I don't think it would be missing ladder transitions, but rather more severe problems like graphical and clipping problems. Maybe also some things like missing PDA graphics and voice recordings or still weird tech balancing. Though I think the time should be enough for November on most issues, considering the latest improvements and the fact that the devs can spend more and more time on fixing now.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I know that many people would like for the game to be released soon, but releasing a game too early can have devastating effects. Just look at Bioshock Infinite!

Many people praise it as an excellent game, and in some aspects it is... but it's so barebones. The story is flawed and confusing and the gameplay itself is painfully simple. Not that Subnautica is lacking in content, but I personally don't think that it'll be ready for a full release by december.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    That wasn't the first roadmap and release shift we've seen and a small shift towards the end of the year probably won't hurt too much. I agree that a release too early might ruin the reputation that was built and that it would take a long time to recover from that.

Yet, I don't think it would be missing ladder transitions, but rather more severe problems like graphical and clipping problems. Maybe also some things like missing PDA graphics and voice recordings or still weird tech balancing. Though I think the time should be enough for November on most issues, considering the latest improvements and the fact that the devs can spend more and more time on fixing now.

I don't know...if bought a game that was v1.0 and every time I climbed a ladder it frozen and I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del, losing all my progress (can be up to 10 hours progress if you're in Hardcore since you can't save) I wouldn't be writing a positive review.

I'm afraid that is what's going to happen at release :worried:

They at least to remedy the game-breaking bugs.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited September 2017
    "The few final touches can be done after 1.0 release" pretty much sums up this massive problem with the gaming industry of today. Post-release patches are supposed to be for fixing unforeseeable bugs and errors, not for continuing development.

If the game isn't finished, it isn't ready for release. It's really that simple.
    I'm willing to wait another 12 months if it means the game is 12 months-worth of better after it. When the Precursor bases arrived it was obvious that the game was far, far from finished and personally, from that point, I'd say it needed another 18 months at least.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    2. The community needs to knock off the nonsense. Reading how these boards get, I'd be anxious to be done with the project and move on, too. We collectively need to stop with the nagging about things we know and have known are off the table. More vehicles, multiplayer, weapons, more creatures, area X is too (fill in random subjective complaint here), and the parade of "suggestions" that would involve completely rewriting core game elements - and then the inevitable flame wars that follow. Part of what drives a game development team is community energy, and when that community starts going sour, it saps your will to keep doing anything that would keep you heavily invested in that community...which means developing the game. There comes a point where the attitudes get to you and you just want the project over with so you can just say "sorry; game's finished, we won't be adding (blank) to it or making substantive changes." The multi-page arguments that have become commonplace are generally just ego wars that don't help the development process. If you really need to fight, do it in private. Productive debate is one thing; the endless "You're wrong because" "No, you're wrong because" gainsaying is another.

You know I love you but I have to disagree with a few things here. I feel you're putting far too much onus on this forum community when in reality we should have absolutely no bearing on the developer's motivation or lack thereof. Their motivation should come not from our verbal support but from the millions of dollars we have collectively given them in the hope (not guarantee, hope) that we end up with a decent game to play. They may only be legally obligated to deliver a bare minimum quality product, but morally they are certainly obligated to deliver the best product they are capable of producing. Their motivation should be all the support we've given financially, nothing more, nothing less. The support they receive here on the forums is an added bonus along with the feedback they require to make the game "better." And criticism (no matter how strong) on the same forums is part of the process.

If the community "starts going sour", as you put it, and that "saps your will... (to be) heavily invested and develop the game" (I'm paraphrasing) then that reeks of both immaturity and unprofessionalism, not to mention an inability to take criticism. If the community "goes sour" it's usually a very strong indicator that the developers haven't been listening to that community in the first place. The responsibility is theirs, and theirs alone. However, I'd like to think the developers in this particular case are far more professional than that.

Also, forums should be places for both healthy debate and yes, sometimes arguments. And never forget that one person's idea of what constitutes "toxic" is not the same as the next person's;

I just spent the last 2 weeks "jailed" (what ever that means) because I made clear my opinions on console gaming and the damage the console culture has done to gaming as a whole. It was made very clear that my opinions were not welcome, I was censored and punished. But this is a privately owned website and they have the absolute right to censor whatever they like and ban anything they like. I respect that, even though I happen to disagree and find it immoral.
    My point in bringing this up is that to others, including the forum mods, my opinions were toxic (not to mention potentially damaging to potentially console customers) so they made the decision to censor those opinions.
    But to me, the decision to censor those opinions was far more toxic, and creates a climate of fear where people are afraid to speak up lest they be punished. That's the world we live in IRL, and it's awful to see it leak into the online world too.

Anyway, that's a bit off topic, and I always respect your opinions @scifiwriterguy, I hope you know that. I just think forums are a place specifically designed for conflict and sharing opposing ideas. That's the entire point in their existence. It'd be boring and entirely pointless if we all agreed all the time.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    ZeddIsDead wrote: »
    I don't know...if bought a game that was v1.0 and every time I climbed a ladder it frozen and I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del, losing all my progress (can be up to 10 hours progress if you're in Hardcore since you can't save) I wouldn't be writing a positive review.

I'm afraid that is what's going to happen at release :worried:

They at least to remedy the game-breaking bugs.

I meant the missing animation with having just teleportation. Not the bugs with climbing ladders. Those should be fixed before release. Especially if there's only 1 save together with autosave. Any bug will be written into the only savegame with such an approach.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that they were adding content constantly during the last development cycles. Right now the game is in feature lockdown, meaning they can focus completely on fixing bugs and optimization.

Similar threads popped up for Natural Selection 2's 2012 Halloween release and at the time it was in a worse state comparatively. Just booted up Subnautica and from my perspective it runs buttery smooth when blasting at top speed throughout the surface world with the Seamoth. So if you're running this thing on anything around toaster performance (Xbone)... Those performance issues bit are kinda your own fault to some extent :trollface: Even if I'm running on the legendary 2500K@4.5Ghz, I do still have a 1Gb HD5870, which is fast, but lacking memory. Both are old stuff, good stuff, but old... Meh... Never mind, it still kicks way too much ass for it's age. You can't kill legendary machines it seems.

However, I do have a huge contrast for comparison, the last time I booted up the game was... January/February June... And I can tell you, this game runs MUCH better

I wish graphics cards had expandable memory. Of course, then we wouldn't have to run out and buy a new one every other generation or so... xP
    edited September 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I wish graphics cards had expandable memory. Of course, then we wouldn't have to run out and buy a new one every other generation or so... xP

So much this :D

That HD5870 is a beast still, but sometimes it has issues because of the 1Gb. Doom 4 for example runs crap because it uses over 1.5Gb on 1080p or even 900p. Which is strange in any case, cause the graphics on low/medium are blurry as shit

1080p and 900p should be able to run on that measly 1Gb IMHO :tongue:
    Which is strange in any case, cause the graphics on low/medium are blurry as shit

Because you're using TAA probably. Vaseline screen.
    Either turn off the anti-aliasing completely then use SweetFX +ReShade to handle AA (FXAA or SMAA) and other post-process effects, (which would help performance also) or alternatively, keep using the blurry in-game TAA and the Lumasharpen settings in SweetFX to counter the vaseline.

I'm playing Dishonored 2 at the moment and have the same issue. TXAA looks beautiful, but only once the blur is removed with Lumasharpen tweaking.

I can't wait until game developers realise that their anti-aliasing always sucks, and their post-process effects just make games run like crap. Enough of this unoptimised garbage already.
    It's about time they stopped with post-processing altogether, and start telling people to go and get Sweetfx/ReShade so they can use as little or as much post=processing as their own rig can handle, instead of forcing us into it.

Honestly, the minimum specs of so many modern games are jacked up by this sort of thing it's unreal.
    2. The community needs to knock off the nonsense. Reading how these boards get, I'd be anxious to be done with the project and move on, too. We collectively need to stop with the nagging about things we know and have known are off the table. More vehicles, multiplayer, weapons, more creatures, area X is too (fill in random subjective complaint here), and the parade of "suggestions" that would involve completely rewriting core game elements - and then the inevitable flame wars that follow. Part of what drives a game development team is community energy, and when that community starts going sour, it saps your will to keep doing anything that would keep you heavily invested in that community...which means developing the game. There comes a point where the attitudes get to you and you just want the project over with so you can just say "sorry; game's finished, we won't be adding (blank) to it or making substantive changes." The multi-page arguments that have become commonplace are generally just ego wars that don't help the development process. If you really need to fight, do it in private. Productive debate is one thing; the endless "You're wrong because" "No, you're wrong because" gainsaying is another.

You know I love you but I have to disagree with a few things here. I feel you're putting far too much onus on this forum community when in reality we should have absolutely no bearing on the developer's motivation or lack thereof. Their motivation should come not from our verbal support but from the millions of dollars we have collectively given them in the hope (not guarantee, hope) that we end up with a decent game to play. They may only be legally obligated to deliver a bare minimum quality product, but morally they are certainly obligated to deliver the best product they are capable of producing. Their motivation should be all the support we've given financially, nothing more, nothing less. The support they receive here on the forums is an added bonus along with the feedback they require to make the game "better." And criticism (no matter how strong) on the same forums is part of the process.

If the community "starts going sour", as you put it, and that "saps your will... (to be) heavily invested and develop the game" (I'm paraphrasing) then that reeks of both immaturity and unprofessionalism, not to mention an inability to take criticism. If the community "goes sour" it's usually a very strong indicator that the developers haven't been listening to that community in the first place. The responsibility is theirs, and theirs alone. However, I'd like to think the developers in this particular case are far more professional than that.

Also, forums should be places for both healthy debate and yes, sometimes arguments. And never forget that one person's idea of what constitutes "toxic" is not the same as the next person's;

I just spent the last 2 weeks "jailed" (what ever that means) because I made clear my opinions on console gaming and the damage the console culture has done to gaming as a whole. It was made very clear that my opinions were not welcome, I was censored and punished. But this is a privately owned website and they have the absolute right to censor whatever they like and ban anything they like. I respect that, even though I happen to disagree and find it immoral.
    My point in bringing this up is that to others, including the forum mods, my opinions were toxic (not to mention potentially damaging to potentially console customers) so they made the decision to censor those opinions.
    But to me, the decision to censor those opinions was far more toxic, and creates a climate of fear where people are afraid to speak up lest they be punished. That's the world we live in IRL, and it's awful to see it leak into the online world too.

Anyway, that's a bit off topic, and I always respect your opinions @scifiwriterguy, I hope you know that. I just think forums are a place specifically designed for conflict and sharing opposing ideas. That's the entire point in their existence. It'd be boring and entirely pointless if we all agreed all the time.

@EnglishInfidel While I disagree to a certain extent, I do think you do have some good points, and I think you made an excellent, high-quality post.

Main difference being, while it's true the devs are driven by the money paid for their service, there's also an element of community that can drive people to excel above and beyond. As for the effect a toxic community has, you'll find most of your best and brightest idea and support people will begin avoiding the community, because they aren't interested in, to put it bluntly, pissing matches (when two or more people with opposing views have expressed their reasoning quite clearly, but won't shut up and move on, but instead resort to trench warfare).
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited September 2017
    I do wish for this game to be pushed back enough to allow the developers to polish the game and completely optimize it, and to allow them to finish things that are already planned, instead of forgetting about them, putting them for later, or in the backlog. It seems to me that they really shouldn't aim for the current release date, but that is just me. I agree with everybody's points here. I am not trying to push the developers or anything, they can do whatever they wish; as it is their game, but a game that has been worked on for years can be ruined by an early release. I also saw @scifiwriterguy post that concept earlier in his longer post.
    Last thing, another concern of mine is definitely optimization and making the game run smoother. I am fairly confident that the developers can get it running very smoothly in time, for the most part. The release date is coming up so SOON, and I am just crossing my fingers for everything to be done in time. I really want Subnautica to be a massive success and for millions to be able to experience and love this game, just as we all do! :smile:
    edited September 2017
    (Moved to the Censorship thread, as it will only get this thread closed too if it remains here.)
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    There are some things that absolutely must be fixed before release or they risk getting hammered. The first is the dive reel. Without settable anchor points that work, it is worse then having nothing for twisty caves mazes like the one in the Koosh Zone. For those who didn't know, they would die thinking they could easily get back the first time trying to use it. It either has to be fixed, or dropped for release - I am sure reviewers would pounce on that if they leave it as is. The disabled beacons bug when passing through warpgates with the prawn suit is another one. That one should be fairly easy though, because it seems 100% consistent and repeatable.

For the record though, since the disabled seamoth pressure module was finally fixed, I have hopes that all the other serious long-term bugs may get squashed as well.

The only thing I would really like to see that might be considered a new feature is fixing the scanner room fixed list. That is really more like a bug fix then a new feature, though if it doesn't happen before 1.0, maybe it could be done in an expansion.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    I also hope they can take their time, postpone the release maybe to Christmas, and put out this game in the condition it really deserves to be. I mean it could go down as an all-time classic considering its originality.

But of course I have no idea of what the Dev's commitments might be. Who knows if they've got a big fat loan repayment for all this due.

(BTW - post #100 for me!)
    The thing I'm most worried about getting pushed back is terrain polish. Having a giant rock appear in your base after an update is only excusable during the early access period of development.
    The thing I'm most worried about getting pushed back is terrain polish. Having a giant rock appear in your base after an update is only excusable during the early access period of development.

Well, if they gave us a noclip command it would be alright cause then you could just go through and move everything.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    They do need to make it so that the kelp and trees stop clipping right through walls and floors into bases and the Cyclops. That is as distracting as the goofy flooded cyclops on the surface bug was.
    Cory responded to these types of requests on discord.
    fdmxl1pzqplk.png
    g9z8nq3xnz0t.png
    bwc8gimakyfy.png
    p6avqjfwn2x1.png
    q26jch56he1q.png
    3hhmqg32org8.png
    Personally I'd still like them to at least finish up most of what's already on trello, and I'd honestly be totally fine with no more content for a while if it means a nicer v1.0 release, but that's just me.

What are your thoughts on this?
  • NorthernBruceNorthernBruce Canada Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231544Members
    Overall I'm happy with the game the way it plays now but there are a few areas that definitely need attention. I've had a Dragon clip me through the terrain in the ALZ and a Reaper do the same in Grassy Plateau recently in experimental.

Quiet_Blowfish is right, this game has the potential to be one of those "Classics" that everyone will remember. I think the Dev's should take their time and finish it up right and get it out just before Christmas if possible. I don't want to wait, but I'd really like a game that I'll play again and again in the years to come.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Cory responded to these types of requests on discord.
    fdmxl1pzqplk.png
    g9z8nq3xnz0t.png
    bwc8gimakyfy.png
    p6avqjfwn2x1.png
    q26jch56he1q.png
    3hhmqg32org8.png
    Personally I'd still like them to at least finish up most of what's already on trello, and I'd honestly be totally fine with no more content for a while if it means a nicer v1.0 release, but that's just me.

What are your thoughts on this?

I think that they should delay it probably by one more month, and try to get as much as they can done in that month,m then they should be in a good standpoint. Just my thoughts, idk tho.