I found these

Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
So yesterday I was looking through my google drive and I found 2 files labled as Subnautica.explorer.png and Subnautica Arctic biome.png my question is how did they get there? It could have been that I put my gmail account for my e-mail but thats it

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Trello, I got the artic biome one.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Are they anything new?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Are they anything new?

I heard the ice biome was canceled forever ago, but that may change. Wouldn't make sense though.

The explorer, I don't know.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    GIVE THEM BACK!

< chuckle>
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    k thanks for all the help
  • WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    Artic biome (and a few other biomes) could be post 1.0 - maybe dlc.
    Nothing is official.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Wiirlak wrote: »
    Nothing is official.

How would Arctic even make sense? It's a world, and if the rest of the Volcano, then the temperature would have to be way farther down. Along with that, the ocean can't have a tiny biome of Arctic area.

Now if your suggesting a whole new map, that would work, but I am against purchasable DLC. I'll still end up buying it though.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Nothing is official.

How would Arctic even make sense? It's a world, and if the rest of the Volcano, then the temperature would have to be way farther down. Along with that, the ocean can't have a tiny biome of Arctic area.

Now if your suggesting a whole new map, that would work, but I am against purchasable DLC. I'll still end up buying it though.

Easiest solution? Precursor Teleportation tech. Anywhere on the planet's fair game when you consider that - they've got complete and total freedom since they can just buid something from the ground up without worrying about how it'd affect the main map.

It'd be a lot easier to believe than to have it say just randomly be floating next to the Grand Reef or something :lol:
    Rezca wrote: »
    Nothing is official.

Easiest solution? Precursor Teleportation tech. Anywhere on the planet's fair game when you consider that - they've got complete and total freedom since they can just buid something from the ground up without worrying about how it'd affect the main map.

It'd be a lot easier to believe than to have it say just randomly be floating next to the Grand Reef or something :lol:

That is very true, although I still hold my statement on Purchasable Content.

Although, Ice biome would be interesting, especially with all the floating ice.

Also: Completely unrelated topic, Weather would be awesome.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Oh okay it's just that old fan doc they were looking at.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    Nothing is official.

That is very true, although I still hold my statement on Purchasable Content.

Although, Ice biome would be interesting, especially with all the floating ice.

Also: Completely unrelated topic, Weather would be awesome.

Yes, we are all very aware of your stance on that by now :neutral:

Yeah, though I'd like to see them do something with freezing temperatures first. Currently superhot water does an (easily ignorable) damage per second, but freezing water in the Lost River does.... Well, right now it doesn't do anything does it? I'd be just a smidge disappointed if an Arctic biome rolled around in some future update and somehow you're perfectly okay with the super cold :lol:

Yeah weather would be pretty cool, although you'd probably miss out on a bunch of it by being underwater a good portion of the game... Then again they do have eclipses and those can effect some shallow to semi-deep biomes even when underwater, so who knows. Looks like they just removed the last traces of the old Current Generator so random streams of strong water's probably out of the question too.