What can you build in the Cyclops that doesn't get it stuck?

Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
I know about the Med pack machine having the issue with them getting stuck in the wall. But I've gotten the ship stuck with desks, chairs, and plant pots. Even when I check to make sure I can still move. Restarting the game causes the glitch after reload. So is there anything that you can build in the cyclops that won't screw it up. Like things have to be a certain distance. Only build in a certain compartment. Or should I just not bother making stuff inside.

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I've never experienced a problem with the Cyclops getting stuck. The stuff I build in the Cyclops is pretty basic stuff:

Locker / Wall Locker
    Fabricator
    Indoor Grow bed
    Plant Pots
    Radio
    Medkit machine

(I used to build battery / power cell charger)

If you are building a desk inside your Cyclops, I have to ask... Is your Cyclops bigger on the inside than the outside? :)

I mean... where would you put the desk? :)

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited September 2017
    Well this is where I built my stuff. The only thing I can have in my Cyclops, that doesn't get it stuck, is a picture frame and the Fabricator. What's really dumb. After reload. The Cyclops could raise, lower, and reverse at normal speed. Forward would just jam. pazzwo0dofbd.jpg
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    I know about the Med pack machine having the issue with them getting stuck in the wall. But I've gotten the ship stuck with desks, chairs, and plant pots. Even when I check to make sure I can still move. Restarting the game causes the glitch after reload. So is there anything that you can build in the cyclops that won't screw it up. Like things have to be a certain distance. Only build in a certain compartment. Or should I just not bother making stuff inside.

Does it show you the completion progress or nothing at all because if it does then it means only one thing your builder is out of power
    edited September 2017
    No everything was built. Just that the ship gets stuck because of the objects inside. First I tracked it down to two chairs. Removed them. It than moved. Replaced them, it can move. Saved, reloaded game, gets stuck. A few times the desk would disconnect from the floor too. Than I stopped making chairs and desk. It spread to my plant pot. So I eventually just removed everything but two items.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited September 2017
    Most things should be safe, even medkit fabricator is good as long as you always have space when you try to pick medkits up. I can imagine a plant pot causing trouble if the plant is big enough to reach outside, like the lanternfruit.

The only other thing I've heard caused trouble was posters, and I see one in the screenshot.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    I can imagine a plant pot causing trouble if the plant is big enough to reach outside, like the lanternfruit.
    I've always put a plant pot behind the hatch on the bridge and put a Lantern Tree there. Never had an issue with it. Will do so again when I get to the Cyclops in my current game.
    edited September 2017
    narfblat wrote: »
    Most things should be safe, even medkit fabricator is good as long as you always have space when you try to pick medkits up. I can imagine a plant pot causing trouble if the plant is big enough to reach outside, like the lanternfruit.

The only other thing I've heard caused trouble was posters, and I see one in the screenshot.

Okay good to know. But still, I did slowly remove stuff. Made sure the thing didn't get stuck. Saved, reloaded the game, other things jammed the ship. I also had the Aquarium in the cyclops. Filled than tested it unloaded.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    That screenshot is very disturbing. It seems you chose the Prawn poster instead of the cat poster...

Have you had your weekly mental health evaluation by your PDA, survivor? Just how many days have you been shipwrecked?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I never thought to build furniture in the Cyclops. That looks pretty cozy, actually. I've never encountered a bug like that, but I do have a funny story for you...

This was some months ago on XBox, but I once equipped my Prawn with the torpedo arm and loaded it with gas torpedoes. When I docked it in the Cyclops, the bow came up out of the water and the entire sub started slowly spinning in circles. I couldn't reach the hatch to get inside to get the Prawn out of it. (Actually I did once and then fell down to the back of the ship, lol.)

Luckily, I had another Cyclops on hand, which I used to pin the first one against a reef and prop up the stern so I could reach the hatch in the bow. Only then could I get the Prawn out. Once I did, everything was fine.

I have never used the torpedo arm in the Prawn since then. x.x
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    I've always put a plant pot behind the hatch on the bridge and put a Lantern Tree there. Never had an issue with it. Will do so again when I get to the Cyclops in my current game.

I used to do that but marble melons have replaced lantern fruit as the optimal food source. They reduced how much food and water the fruit give and combined with the vomiting business it's tedious.

An indoor planter filled with marble melons can feed and rehydrate you forever provided you're carrying a knife or have one stashed nearby.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Halios wrote: »
    Jacke wrote: »

I used to do that but marble melons have replaced lantern fruit as the optimal food source. They reduced how much food and water the fruit give and combined with the vomiting business it's tedious.

An indoor planter filled with marble melons can feed and rehydrate you forever provided you're carrying a knife or have one stashed nearby.

Knife is almost always in my inventory and filling quickslot 1. My bridge gets 2 pots of Marblemelons, 2 with Bulbo Trees, 1 with Chinese Potato, and 1 with the Lantern Tree, along with 4 or 8 Plant Shelves with Marblemelons. Allows me to tailor the food to what my thirst and hunger levels are. One of the Wall Lockers on the bridge also stashes the extra Marblemelon Seeds when I need less that 3 to eat and 1 to reap to replant. Lantern Tree Fruit are good for those last few percent under 100.
    edited September 2017
    ZeddIsDead wrote: »
    That screenshot is very disturbing. It seems you chose the Prawn poster instead of the cat poster...

Have you had your weekly mental health evaluation by your PDA, survivor? Just how many days have you been shipwrecked?

I haven't found the cat poster yet. Same goes for the wall triangle planter. For some reason the mundane pickups are harder to find in this playthough lol. Basically, I found out it's not good to build in the small compartment between the launch bay and the bridge, with furniture. Building in the other places seems to not cause issues.