GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members
I had saved multiple times and my game crashed. I loaded back in and all of my progress was gone. It happens on all saves. Now i'm reinstalling my game to see if it helps :neutral:

Comments

• matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members
    I REINSTALLED THE GAME AND IT WORKES!
  • matijas_05matijas_05 Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228454Members
    Aaaand now it doesn't

WTF!!!
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    edited September 2017
    Loaded my saved game and all items/progress are gone :(
  • cinan123cinan123 Canada Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232862Members
    mine is fine .... odd :/
  • adzdoomadzdoom Join Date: 2011-06-12 Member: 103957Members
    Lets hope this bug doesn't take them 5 months to patch
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    I started a new game completely, wiping out old saves, clearing cache etc.

Same problem as reported above. Progress was save from about an hour after play, all subsequent saves appear to have done nothing at all. So, I have to redo the sunbeam as well as search for nearly all fragments again for scan room, stillsuit, mobile vehicle bay, propulsion canon, laser cutter.. Quite a lot. Perhaps 3 hours worth has vanished.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    The save still doesn't take effect past the same point. No matter if you save two dozen times. Time to delete the save completely and see if another new one suffers the same fait.

I think I'll use Dev menu to update progress though, there's only so many times you can do the same things in a row and there's still such a lot to test and explore.
  • BermudaRectangleBermudaRectangle Texas Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228866Members
    I started a new game completely, wiping out old saves, clearing cache etc.

Before the 3-in-1 update yesterday (Game Preview 52814), I was getting an error when trying to save:

"Save data loading failed (Error #2156068870). Try again?"

I had to delete several of my older games/saves, as well as my new game, before the issue fled. I don't think this is the same issue, but it's intriguing nevertheless.

When in the seamoth, do y'all have a compass display that partially covers the HUD's depth meter? My first thought was that the saved games' data was somehow confusing the current build, as manifest by the compass (obtained from an earlier game) being displayed when it hasn't yet been made in-game.

• Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    edited September 2017
    I am having a similar problem where it wouldn't save. When i exited the game and tried to come back in, it wouldn't go past the initial loading screen. It happened again even after re-installing it.
    Thanks Bermudarectangle.

I completely erased all saves. Reinstalled. Cleared cache and tried again..

After about an hour of play the saves refuse to update again, no warning messages. It just says 'saving game' as per usual.

Whilst still in the game I opened up the Dev console and tried 'gamereset' which forces the game to load the last save (without exiting to menu), this would take me to the save I just made. Kept playing, saved again. Kept playing. Ran 'gamereset' command again and it took me to the one I had made recently.

So... Exited the game, making sure to exit properly etc. Reloaded the game annnnd.. It took me to the save made hours earlier. So the saves which were subsequently made and successfully reloaded by 'gamereset' where wiped in favour of the stuck save.

So I can't progress at all really. Stuck in an endless cycle. Wiped all content and tried again.. Same.. So I've downloaded the game twice today, patch only yesterday.

Unfortunately I will have to duck out from now on until some sort of fix. It's very odd.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    It's weird how inconsistent this problem is for people. I started a new game last night and played for a few hours. Never had a problem with my saves not working. Sometimes it would take a while to save but I could wait it out and it would finish.

Also, on the main menu it'll say LOADING for a while before the menu comes up. It can take a few minutes but if this happens, try just leaving it. Like, go do something else for a while and come back.

I'm wondering if the folks having save trouble are having some hard drive issues that only show up under certain conditions. It sure is a pain, but keep reporting in-game and send data to the devs. It'll go a long way towards fixing it.
  • davethediverdavethediver Under the sea Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221876Members
    my game wont save either on xbox one, I wiped all saves after new update to start new. Played for 4 hours collecting up lots of stuff, Scanned so many fragments, Saved the game so i could go do something came back loaded up and everything's just gone including my seamoth seaglide mobile vehicle bay and the base i starting on. im not starting again for the 7th time as reading all the previous posts it seems to do nothing, this is a game breaking bug and needs to be patched like yesterday (not in 5 months) or no one can play the game other than the lucky few not experiencing this.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    my game wont save either on xbox one, I wiped all saves after new update to start new. Played for 4 hours collecting up lots of stuff, Scanned so many fragments, Saved the game so i could go do something came back loaded up and everything's just gone including my seamoth seaglide mobile vehicle bay and the base i starting on. im not starting again for the 7th time as reading all the previous posts it seems to do nothing, this is a game breaking bug and needs to be patched like yesterday (not in 5 months) or no one can play the game other than the lucky few not experiencing this.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you save? Back when I was first playing on XB1, I would only save after a long time when I got back to my base. Now I save every few minutes and it seems to work out. I've found that the longer I go without saving, the longer it will take to complete the save function. I haven't run into this problem yet this time around, but back before the update, this meant there was more of a chance for the save to be corrupted.
    I'd have to say it was a game bug rather than a hard drive issue. Hence, using 'gamereset' I was able to load the save I'd just made, but exit and come back and it's the save from hours earlier.

Incase it was a conflict between the cloud and the console I tried removing gamedata using the xbox system menu to force cloud sync but alas it is to no avail.
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    I'm afraid I don't have this bug. The worst I've had is my game taking almost 5 minutes to actually save. But that's it.
  • rogar10rogar10 Australia Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228068Members
    SAVE FAILURE! Game only loads to the 1st save point 5mins into game.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    When you guys exit the game do you quit to main menu or do you press the home button, highlight games icon, press start and exit the game entirely? Curious if this is why some get the save/load issues and some don't.
  • rogar10rogar10 Australia Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228068Members
    When you guys exit the game do you quit to main menu or do you press the home button, highlight games icon, press start and exit the game entirely? Curious if this is why some get the save/load issues and some don't.

i quit to main menu THEN hit home button highlite icon and hit start button and exit the game entirely and the SAVE FAILS. only the 1st save is there.
    I've tried both ways. I remember it being a problem in the past, so to rule it out I've tried exiting to the game menu and from there home and close, also just home and close without exiting to the game menu. In both cases it still doesn't update the save progress.

Good idea though.
    I wonder though if this is a problem with new save files? I deleted all my pre 3-in-1 saves and I know alot of people kept theirs and carried on with old saves.. Obviously I have no pre 3-in-1 saves to check against.

Im curious, who is experiencing the problem? Are they using new saves or old ones?

I'm going to try one new attempt today and not make my first save untill after the aurora detonation and subsequent sunbeam story, see if that makes any difference to save-halt issue. I don't know if it will, it's the only distinction I could think about between new/old saves (I assume everyone playing from old saves pretty much have completed the first story missions and have most of their gear). At least first few hours of grind wont have to be repeated if nothing else haha.
    I might have a solution but you will lose all your saved games. Im still testing it so will let you know in a few hours once thoroughly checked.

So far I have gone into games & apps, selected Subnautica and manage game. Selected my profile and deleted all saved games everywhere (on and off the cloud). The profile for the game will vanish.

Then I have cleared console cache: (following method)
    Hold down the xbox main power key for about 6 seconds until it powers down.
    The xbox hard drive will still be running and it will empty cache files. Wait about 30 seconds and disconnect from mains supply.
    After 2 minutes, reboot and load Subnautica.

Save Game as usual. Exit to main menu but DONT press menu. Then exit to dashboard and close the game by selecting it with menu key and quit.

Once the profile/cache clearing is done you don't need to do that part again.

Like I say. I have not done testing so I don't know yet if it will hold.. So if you don't want the headache of grinding don't take my word on it.
    edited September 2017
    I've tested the method above a few times and... It's worked!

I can now save games. I can only imagine there was some sort of corruption which occurred with the save slots, likely involving the cloud and the xbox. I noticed the corrupted saves, even after deletion and a new save in the same spot would have a odd play time (for instance it would say 5 hours even if only played for an hour).

So, try this method (as above but as bullet points for simplicity):

1)My games and Apps
    2)Scroll to Subnautica, menu key, manage game.
    3)Scroll to saved data, select your profile and "delete from everywhere".
    4)Wait for about 30 seconds for it to delete from hard drive and cloud.
    5)HOLD DOWN main xbox power button until it powers down (about 6 seconds). This will clear the console cache.
    6)Wait 30 seconds BEFORE disconnecting from mains.
    7)After 30 seconds/ a couple of minutes reconnect and reboot. Load Subnautica.

From then on all you need to do is save your game and exit to main menu but DONT press menu when prompted on the Subnautica screen. Then exit to dashboard and menu key, quit.

I've tried for hours now, saved and reloaded, this has worked thank goodness!
    And it's stopped saving again.. Lol
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    Have the same problem. It's really frustrating and I hope it will be fixed eventually. Let's just sit tight and wait for the fix patch coming.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW !!!

Spent about four hours on it last night coz I was excited about the new update , I saved it three times as I always do since we've had problems in the past and today I started by the life pod with no tools , just a few bits n bobs I picked up

• VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
    @WeylandYutani1989 Same, it was quite a hit for me to find out my hours of playing were gone into the void. Instead I play different games while waiting for the following patch.
  • R3laXR3laX Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232925Members
    I have problems with my savegame. I have saved 100%, but it doesnt. No Errormessages. I wait of a fast update.

I hope i can read an answer of a dev the next days.

Thanks!
    The crazy thing is if after saving you open debug console and type 'gamereset' it loads up the save you made! So it has saved it. But upon exiting the game, whether properly or by force closing it, it reverts to the original stuck version.. Im at a loss now, unfortunately the debug log can't be properly accessed on the xbox so I can't view it..

Please devs, I hope you can help us!