Multiplayer

JomiJomi Deutschland Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231210Members
I can Programm the multiplayer with my friend if unknown worlds give me the source codes i can strt to programm the multiplayer.
hwo is the same meaning that i and my friend can programm the Multiplayer
:)B)B)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm, you know 39.gif

Normally proposals of this nature are handled trough a private email with the company, after which the two parties involved setting up an official contract, if they agree to the proposal... UWE does indeed outsource certain things like sound design and artwork/modeling/animation, but I'm pretty sure their source code is staying in the office, because the programmers are all there...

It's definitely not handled through some random thread on their forum. Using from the looks of it, Google Translate...?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Hmmm good idea, no one else is making a multiplayer mod and has a thread about it in general callled multiplayer mod update....oh wait
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    I bet if I posted on the forum of Microsoft about the amazing Windows-toaster mods I may make for them they will give me the full code source. :|
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Jomi wrote: »
    I can Programm the multiplayer with my friend if unknown worlds give me the source codes i can strt to programm the multiplayer.
    hwo is the same meaning that i and my friend can programm the Multiplayer
    :)B)B)

If you and your friend want to help, offer assistance to @Sunrunner (however, keep in mind he may not want or need help -- but it can't hurt to ask, maybe it would be useful *shrug*).
  • JomiJomi Deutschland Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231210Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hmm, you know 39.gif

Normally proposals of this nature are handled trough a private email with the company, after which the two parties involved setting up an official contract, if they agree to the proposal... UWE does indeed outsource certain things like sound design and artwork/modeling/animation, but I'm pretty sure their source code is staying in the office, because the programmers are all there...

It's definitely not handled through some random thread on their forum. Using from the looks of it, Google Translate...?

No Google translate
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Jomi wrote: »
    Hmm, you know 39.gif

No Google translate

Ok, fair enough. But you've gotta admit this is a bit of an unprofessional path to walk, especially when asking for source code access... I mean if you are serious about this, I'd advise you to make a proposal though the proper channels. Oh and there is, as mentioned in this here thread, work being done on multiplayer, unoficially through modding :)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Man, @Kouji_San, you sound just like Ubisoft. I was polite. "Hey, guys, I can clean up these problems with FarCry for you. Can I just have the source code?" Talk about whacking the Berserk Button. They were really cranky. And more than a little bit mean.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    You're not getting the source code of Subnautica unless you buy the company. Sorry.

He can get the source code the same way @sunrunner and @nesrak1 get it. And, if you have to ask how they get it, then you aren't qualified to work on the project. :)

Man, @Kouji_San, you sound just like Ubisoft. I was polite. "Hey, guys, I can clean up these problems with FarCry for you. Can I just have the source code?" Talk about whacking the Berserk Button. They were really cranky. And more than a little bit mean.

Um, really guy...?

All I'm doing is explaining the proper way to handle this, that is IF he is indeed serious about this and indeed has the skills to do so... Which would in the end still be dependent on UWE's actual interest in official multiplayer support... Any company worth it's salt wouldn't just give the source code to their project to any random lad who shows up on their forums with merely best intentions. That stuff has to be officially protected behind some form of NDA or contract...
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members

Um, really guy...?

All I'm doing is explaining the proper way to handle this, that is IF he is indeed serious about this and indeed has the skills to do so... Which would in the end still be dependent on UWE's actual interest in official multiplayer support... Any company worth it's salt wouldn't just give the source code to their project to any random lad who shows up on their forums with merely best intentions. That stuff has to be officially protected behind some form of NDA or contract...

Sorry, @Kouji_San - the joke misfired. It was a disbelief-driven prod at the idea of any developer releasing source code for anyone just asking. Even one that needs bughunting help to the level Ubi does (and they're also pretty legendary for zealously guarding trade secrets). Definitely was not said seriously.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Not to mention the fact that it's doubtful some random person on a forum is going to be more capable of programming multiplayer features for a game that is for the most part complete and was not designed from the ground up with multiplayer in mind. He might THINK he can, but that sort of delusion is pretty common in new programmers that really haven't the foggiest clue what time-dependent multiuser client/server coding entails.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    CAn we repost the multiplayer thread memes again please
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Thread is useless now as a multiplayer mod is already a bit into development lel.
  • TOTO91TOTO91 Paris Join Date: 2017-09-12 Member: 232972Members
    Multiplayer will be very cool :tired_face: