you need something really frightening, to guard the boundaries fo the map.

Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
edited August 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I see attempts by developers to do something frightening. I have several suggestions on how to make a creature that will become the main nightmare of any player. I like your ghostly leviathan, true, it looks like you have run out of ideas. But he came out good. And so, the first advice. To make a creature frightening - he needs a few things. For example, you can get a creature guarding the borders, leviathans are too needed in the rest of the ocean to guard the boundaries of the map. You can do this: when the player swims too far - the animation starts. Not just a creature that yells and rams, say, a cyclope, But a creature that kills quickly, with a wild cry and a frightening look. This can only be achieved by script, as I think. And so, imagine. The player swam to where the sun's rays do not penetrate. Full darkness and suddenly ... the cat scene is launched. The character looks around the ship heard strange "purr" of darkness slowly floats creature with a huge toothy maw, it causes panic, but it was too late. You swam too far. The computer reports: "In the immediate vicinity an unknown specimen of enormous size is fixed, it is not included in one class, it is too large for leviathans ... Scanning ... predator. Death is inevitable If you can - suicide. If not - Take the 099 position, stand on your knees, stretch your arms out to the sides, raise your head high up and close your eyes. This position will maximize the probability of instant death. I fix the date, time and coordinates of death. I turn on the microphone, you can write down your last words. The PDA did the work. Turning off ..." All this time this creature swims close to the character or the glass of the swimming apparatus. Now the computer is silent ... the creature breaks the swimming device, biting it in half or punching through, everything is filled with water. We will show how, along with the moth or the Cyclops, we go to the bottom. Naked hands are directed to the surface, but we see only the same creature that is moving in our direction. It accelerates, reveals the jaws ... darkening, eerie scream. The end. Thanks for playing. Next player a die... or respawn on the last save. Do not swim so far, if not ready to meet with real fear... THANKS FOR ATTENTION. If you disagree with me opinion - i ready top your constructive criticism. And i dont knew, why last words is double, Sorry.

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    cough cough... ghost leviathans?
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    If you want something really frightening, it needs to be something you don't really see. Something you only catch glimpses of, Such that you never get a very good look at what it is.
    Something large. Enough so that when it swims by, it creates a current in its wake that pushes you back and around, away from the void. with naught but a glimpse of the creature as it passes in a flash. Its skin rushing by in a blur of colors, as if you'd suddenly fallen off the top of a building, and are now witnessing the windows rush by, row by row as you descend.
    A creature that makes use of darkness, and the human brains capacity to recognize patterns were there are none, making us think there is more there than it is. (Don't lie, you've seen shapes in the dark of night too.)

You can have all sorts of scary looks, But nothing beat the brains own creativity and capacity to scare itself when you have nothing definitive to attribute your perceptions to.
    Those patterns in the dark becomes monsters and demons. You know there is nothing actually there, But your mind is still unsettled and wandering.
    Because what if there is.
  • DmitrDmitr Russia Join Date: 2017-08-31 Member: 232755Members
    Right thoughts.
    But Monsters are not necessary.
    I think that you need to turn the boundaries of maps into a mysterious anamaly. The longer you are in it, the more damage you get. You're losing your bearings. Your equipment is breaking down. Eyes begin to see the hallucinations.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Aren't ghost leviathans already in the void? Even then, would like some kind of void beast.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Dmitr wrote: »
    Right thoughts.
    I think that you need to turn the boundaries of maps into a mysterious anamaly. The longer you are in it, the more damage you get. You're losing your bearings. Your equipment is breaking down. Eyes begin to see the hallucinations.

Better yet, instead of mysterious anomalies, Weather. The farther out you go the more extreme the winds and currents become, Until eventually you are plunged downwards by the currents for hundreds of feet.
    If you keep going and don't try to turn back by then, it'll push you down and down until you exceed the crush-depth, in moments. And you can do nothing but helplessly watch as the meters rapidly add up in the hundreds at a time.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152371/how-to-really-keep-people-out-of-the-void
    It needs to broadcast a message saying something like "Predators above the leviathan class detected. Exploration not advised" When you enter the void to make sure people get a fair warning
  • Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152371/how-to-really-keep-people-out-of-the-void
    It needs to broadcast a message saying something like "Predators above the leviathan class detected. Exploration not advised" When you enter the void to make sure people get a fair warning

i totally agree with you. Together we are make that idea perfect.
  • Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
    Dmitr wrote: »
    Right thoughts.

i think, big and noize fish, like that, only with other skin, on the colors of subnautica, ho eat you and your transport - is a much more horror idea. As a minimium, if something like THAT was on the edge of map - I would be afraid to swim so far, well, except that only one - two times to look at this monster.