Ghost Update Released on Steam - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageGhost Update Released on Steam - Subnautica

The Ghost Update has been released on Steam! Cure the Infection, disable the Precursor Array, command an upgraded Cyclops, and escape Ghost Leviathans! See the update in action on the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Hmm... they changed the name of the update. I guess it's more accurate with the name, "Ghost Update."

Anyway, good work as always. I'm looking forward to see what the biome areas have to offer.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Oh my god this update is amazing!
  • william1134william1134 Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226439Members
    Lovely! Because there is a new mesa, I suppose we need to generate a new map if the world has been made larger.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Update looks awesome, especially the extra slots in Cyclops. Was surprised they removed cooldowns on silent/shield, but I'm guessing we'll need it with the ghosts around.

Also, how did the System double-post? :)
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    edited August 2017
    Edit: Sry wrong Forum
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The Cyclops improvements have been very good. Especially the way silent running works now with dampening the sound rather than turning it off absolutely. I also prefer and love the system of drawing more power than having cooldowns. All in all a big thanks for working on it. I hope we might get the silent running as a tech addition or module instead getting it free one day before release.

Of course working on the Ghost Leviathan and to get it inside the game in time was awesome too. This Leviathan was really needed to complete the game world, especially with the Lost River.

And of course all the other improvements done. Thanx again.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2017
    So... Tell me this...

HOW DOES A FORUM BOT DOUBLE POST!? @System go home you're drunk again
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152566/ghost-update-released-on-steam-subnautica
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/152568/ghost-update-released-on-steam-subnautica

Also poop? What is this, ARK? What's next... Boobs?

Some might misinterpret me here, I love this "one small step for Subnautica Bob, one giant leap for Gamers"

Carry on o/
  • FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members
    Found a bug that is rather game breaking.
    After update I lost the ability to craft Advanced Wiring Kits in the fab.

I'm hoping someone might know of an easy fix for it if I just have to (like I've read others do in some topics) delete a file or something.
    If the fix is to start a new game I'll end up just shelving the game put too much work into it to have to start over. :(

Would like to solve it and get back into the game but now can't make certain parts because the kits gone.
  • simkingsimking Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232532Members
    edited August 2017
    I lost advanced wiring kits and Beacons and the drill arm for the prawn suit seem missing seems
    the cyclops uses way more power. Overall great improvements I like that the smaller prey does not damage the cyclops anymore that was a HUGE improvement.
  • simkingsimking Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232532Members
    FearXI wrote: »
    Found a bug that is rather game breaking.
    After update I lost the ability to craft Advanced Wiring Kits in the fab.

I'm hoping someone might know of an easy fix for it if I just have to (like I've read others do in some topics) delete a file or something.
    If the fix is to start a new game I'll end up just shelving the game put too much work into it to have to start over. :(

Would like to solve it and get back into the game but now can't make certain parts because the kits gone.

Ok i figured it out after taking items out of lockers seems they get REdicovered and the blueprint pops up again...so its just a matter of finding them again and rediscovering.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @FearXI Not a bug, but a part of shrinking the starting blueprints. Once you make a computer chip, advanced wiring kits appear. The laser cutter is now locked, not sure if we need to hunt blueprints or it will unlock with diamond(cheating to spawn a diamond on the ground didn't work, but that may be different).

A few other things that I noticed - Cyclops no longer makes me see through base walls. Textures in the Cyclops are kind of buggy, and a few other places too, but I'm sure they will fix it. Cyclops looks like its slots to add more upgrades, but the interface doesn't have them working.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    Anybody else got a HUGE part of the landscape missing to the NW of their Lifepod #5...
    Cause I sure do...
    9r5ubg71mf9f.jpg
    ynz9b8mfqdof.jpg
    db5dvslkcnkv.jpg

This is looking back at the lifepod...
    og4cotdgp7nd.jpg

:open_mouth:

(it was just a glitch, when I restarted the game it fixed itself) B)

Also, Thanks Devs for making the O2 Tanks Swappable, without having to actually put them in and out of our Inventory.

B)

Did They change the landscape, it seems different in places?

Never mind, I finally got a chance to read Their post about the changes.

I'm having a devil of a time locating some of the wrecks now...

I Like It!!

It makes the game seem brand new again
    B)
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Anybody else got a HUGE part of the landscape missing to the NW of their Lifepod #5...
    Cause I sure do...
    9r5ubg71mf9f.jpg
    ynz9b8mfqdof.jpg
    db5dvslkcnkv.jpg

God if that was intentional...

Shivers
  • FearXIFearXI Join Date: 2017-08-21 Member: 232529Members
    Thanks a ton guys. Was a bit demoralizing to put 32 hours into the save and (perhaps?) pretty far into the story to think you may have to start over.

Also I was just playing around finding new scrap metal to make a new Cyclops (missing two upgrade slots read making a new one will fix it) and came across an old wreck near my start point with a new door sealed.
    Used old laser cutter I had and inside was filled with laser cutter fragments, at least 8 lol. So that answers how you have to get that.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @DaveyNY clear CompiledOctreesCache (terrain data) in your saved games slot folder; let me know if that fixes your problem.
  • oh_man1oh_man1 USA Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230316Members
    edited August 2017
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Cause I sure do...
    9r5ubg71mf9f.jpg
    ynz9b8mfqdof.jpg
    db5dvslkcnkv.jpg

God if that was intentional...

Shivers

It just means your computer isn't loading it in fast enough. Been there done that.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    @DaveyNY clear CompiledOctreesCache (terrain data) in your saved games slot folder; let me know if that fixes your problem.

It was just a glitch.
    I did a save, closed the game and when I restarted everything was alll better. B)

It's kinda weird swimming around in places that I had memorized from so many playthroughs and now only recognizing bits and pieces with the new landscaping.
    B)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    0_0

WOW I was not expecting an update of this size! Thanks so much devs!!
  • Phoenix2006Phoenix2006 Украина Join Date: 2017-08-22 Member: 232557Members
    I liked everything, but noticed some bugs (4 upgrade slots in Cyclops after loading an old savegame). Performance is really better. There are no annoying lags when you come to surface and dive again. FPS is also a little better, there are still noteable FPS drop issues sometimes.

Great work anyway! Looking forward for a new update!

P.S.: Please make the Thermometer available again for crafting. It is useful when placing Thermal Power Plants and looks good withing UI. Also you don't need Scanning Room Interface Chip if you are not looking for resources. So there is an empty slot in paper doll.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    One step closer to 1.0...
    I've stopped playing now so I'll be able to do the full playthrough once 1.0 comes out and everything will feel nice and fresh...though at the rate they are messing with the fragment order everything will be new...
  • Diever112Diever112 Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232703Members
    The most beautiful was the leviathan. True, the slogan of renovation is not so hot. I would say this: Do not swim deep if you are not ready to face with horror...
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    I liked everything, but noticed some bugs (4 upgrade slots in Cyclops after loading an old savegame). Performance is really better. There are no annoying lags when you come to surface and dive again. FPS is also a little better, there are still noteable FPS drop issues sometimes.

Great work anyway! Looking forward for a new update!

P.S.: Please make the Thermometer available again for crafting. It is useful when placing Thermal Power Plants and looks good withing UI. Also you don't need Scanning Room Interface Chip if you are not looking for resources. So there is an empty slot in paper doll.

hey sometimes when updates come you have to start a new game for all the features its no bug