Infinite Cyclops shields - seriously ?

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
From build 51443-52347 I experienced now the shield function of the Cyclops upgrade to cost nothing and last infinite long. I was able to travel unharmed through the most dangerous terrains and past every leviathan in the game by simply turning on the Cyclops shields which are running forever without consuming energy.

Now I wouldn't say anything here and already posted in the bug section, but the stable release should come on monday and @Obraxis wrote at the Steam forums "We just certified 52298 as the next 'stable' release ...", so I should assume the next stable release will have those infinite Cyclops shields too.

Comments

• Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    I'm all for slightly longer shields, but infinite is way too much.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Turning on your shields should cut off thermal recharge but also drive off every Lava Larva on the hull.
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    I guess everyone can stop complaining about the Cyclops being destructible now...
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Infinite Cyclops shields! Woo hoo! I'm gonna stay up all night every night this weekend playing the game. It will be like playing in "God" mode. You can't touch me! Hurray!!

@Obraxis: You and the rest of the awesome folks at UW: Please take the weekend off. ;) No need to fix this bug too quickly. :):)

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Clearly this is a bug - we'll get it fixed in a future patch.

Sadly it got into the stable release, but maybe the stable can get a hotfix? Only the energy consumption of the shield is missing.

Well I don't mind playing the new stable with infinite shields as I never used them other than for testing purposes. And your rework of the Cyclops (4.0) was very good and solved a lot of critical things.

I think the thread could be closed.